Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 02:53 AM

40 posts, read 68,066 times

Advertisements

Hello all. To all you happy married people, kudos. Good for you. I don't guess I will ever experience the bliss. My marriage was very difficult for a number of reasons. The failure was mutual; we share the fault. Now I am lonely and 54 years old. Have tried the flirting, dating and trying to be receptive thing. Just made me insecure and vulnerable. I believe I will live the last decade or so alone, and will die alone. Never had children. I am okay with all that. I never had children, so I am not responsible for anyone else. Anyone else out there doomed to aloneness? If so, how are you faring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 07:24 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,320,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
Im 25 and if some have followed have big problems with my Marriage. So my question to some of you is do you regret marrying your significate other? I am always for a happy marriage and for the person to be happy. I just dont want to be 45 and regret it. do any of you regret your marriage or a past marriage? and if you married a second time was it better than the first?
What the hell is wrong with these young dudes out there? You are 25! You should be out there, hitting the gym every day- working on your career- saving for a nice sports car, traveling the world.

I am 35, no kids, never married and I was talking to a friend yesterday- I would only marry a woman, if she was hot as hell, otherwise HELL NO! There are like literally BILLIONS of women in this world-and I don't understand these dudes that settle for sub-par, below average women who usually tell them what to do, a lot of these dudes ain't even getting any sex- PATHETIC!

Cut your losses right now, divorce this woman, forget this marriage BS, go enjoy your life, party, get wasted, travel the world- you are wasting some of the best years of your life in a prison!!

And NO, don't use this word "significant other", it makes you sound like a pansy with no game

Old 07-08-2012, 08:01 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,878,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startingalloveragain View Post
Hello all. To all you happy married people, kudos. Good for you. I don't guess I will ever experience the bliss. My marriage was very difficult for a number of reasons. The failure was mutual; we share the fault. Now I am lonely and 54 years old. Have tried the flirting, dating and trying to be receptive thing. Just made me insecure and vulnerable. I believe I will live the last decade or so alone, and will die alone. Never had children. I am okay with all that. I never had children, so I am not responsible for anyone else. Anyone else out there doomed to aloneness? If so, how are you faring?
Some of had to have a practice marriage before getting it right.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:09 AM

37,742 posts, read 46,207,206 times
Quote:
47 years is ALONG time. Its really refreshing to hear stories like that Tropical.
My parents have been married over 50 years. There is nothing uncommon about this.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:14 AM

810 posts, read 1,582,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What the hell is wrong with these young dudes out there? You are 25! You should be out there, hitting the gym every day- working on your career- saving for a nice sports car, traveling the world.

I am 35, no kids, never married and I was talking to a friend yesterday- I would only marry a woman, if she was hot as hell, otherwise HELL NO! There are like literally BILLIONS of women in this world-and I don't understand these dudes that settle for sub-par, below average women who usually tell them what to do, a lot of these dudes ain't even getting any sex- PATHETIC!

Cut your losses right now, divorce this woman, forget this marriage BS, go enjoy your life, party, get wasted, travel the world- you are wasting some of the best years of your life in a prison!!

And NO, don't use this word "significant other", it makes you sound like a pansy with no game
You sound like Jack Nicholson in that movie "carnal knowledge". Don't ever marry a woman just because she is super hot. She will age eventually. You are better off single, just get comfortable with dating less attractive women as you age or pay for the younger better looking ones. You are 35 so your choices are getting slimmer.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My parents have been married over 50 years. There is nothing uncommon about this.
My parents are 57 years married. Not that uncommon.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:24 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,494,996 times
My first marriage lasted over 25 years, but I had misgivings that started within months and never went away. I guess I don't give up easily! In retrospect, I should have ended it as soon as the issues arose. The second best thing I ever did was end it. The best thing I've ever done is marry my current wife - there have been no regrets, no second thoughts. It's been as idea a marriage as I can imagine, and better than any I've seen.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:25 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,163,158 times
Quote:
Im 25 and if some have followed have big problems with my Marriage. So my question to some of you is do you regret marrying your significate other?
No, i don't..

Old 07-08-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
My first marriage lasted over 25 years, but I had misgivings that started within months and never went away. I guess I don't give up easily! In retrospect, I should have ended it as soon as the issues arose. The second best thing I ever did was end it. The best thing I've ever done is marry my current wife - there have been no regrets, no second thoughts. It's been as idea a marriage as I can imagine, and better than any I've seen.
I was the same way. If I would have trusted my gut, I would have not married her in the first place. I was thinking about best things that happened, I am not sure I could assign a 1st, 2nd or third place to the best events that happened. It was more of a chain reaction of events that made it all excellent

Old 07-08-2012, 09:33 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,320,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
You sound like Jack Nicholson in that movie "carnal knowledge". Don't ever marry a woman just because she is super hot. She will age eventually. You are better off single, just get comfortable with dating less attractive women as you age or pay for the younger better looking ones. You are 35 so your choices are getting slimmer.
Dating less attractive women? Are you out of your mind? Why the hell should I do that- there are literally billions of women all over this world! Pay for younger ones? That is for LOSERS!

My parents immigrated here from Brazil- I speak Portuguese fluently- If I am ever an old man desperate to "get married" - I would probably spend some time there and come back with a young, hot wife in less than 2 weeks. Like I said, I don't see a reason to settle for crap, given the endless supply of beautiful, young women all over the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships