Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 01:34 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
No, a good derm will do his job, and help me lighten my skin.

There's no rule that says you have to accept whatever you were born with.
Sounds like you've made up your mind. But didn't you post some time ago that you also have average features? What are you going to do when you get the skin color you want, but you still look plain or average? Will you ever manage to get yourself looking good enough? It's really not all about looks. It's easy to fixate on that, but there's so much more to life and to love.

Most people have a cross to bear. For some, it's skin color. For others, it's sub-par looks. For others, it might be a medical condition or disability. Most of us have to make the best of the hand we were dealt in life. Nobody said life was easy. If you think it's easy for people like your cousin, you'd be wrong. The fact that she's flaunting all the attention she gets shows how insecure she is.

Oh well. :s

Old 07-08-2012, 01:39 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sounds like you've made up your mind. But didn't you post some time ago that you also have average features? What are you going to do when you get the skin color you want, but you still look plain or average? Will you ever manage to get yourself looking good enough? It's really not all about looks. It's easy to fixate on that, but there's so much more to life and to love.

Most people have a cross to bear. For some, it's skin color. For others, it's sub-par looks. For others, it might be a medical condition or disability. Most of us have to make the best of the hand we were dealt in life. Nobody said life was easy. If you think it's easy for people like your cousin, you'd be wrong. The fact that she's flaunting all the attention she gets shows how insecure she is.

Oh well. :s
There are many average looking lightskin women who get tons of attention from black men. Trust me the standards are not that high when you are fairskinned. If I were flat out ugly, then I wouldn't even bother. But I do have potential. I know skin lightening will give me the boost I need.

Look at Kelly Rowland, before the plastic surgery she was really unattractive. But she got a nosejob, fixed her bottom lip and she is very beautiful now. So if you have some potential you can make a drastic change for the better

Old 07-08-2012, 01:42 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
No he wont bounce because the only issue I have is skin tone. Once that is solved I can live my life the way I want and enjoy a happy relationship
Oh Nyanna. This is so not true. You need to be ok with yourself, inside and out for any man to love you for who you are..... You need to heal whatever is ailing you. Lay that skin color problem to the side.

Get to the depth of what is going on. See a therapist, talk to your preacher, do something. Once you just leave this skin color thing be and look elsewhere, I bet when you come back to it you will ask yourself why you spent so much of your energy on trying to change whats on the outside...

Old 07-08-2012, 01:44 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,417 times
Quote:
I am giving myself a makeover by lightening my skin

My hair is always done. It's long flat ironed and mid way down my back. My wardrobe is great. I do wear makeup, not a lot but I wear enough. Nothing else needs to be changed. Trust me. It's my skin tone. I talk to other dark girls who feel that no matter how much they fix themselves up its never enough. And it's TRUE. I notice even the pretty dark girls are never given nearly as much praise for their looks as lighter toned women. I hear black men all the time describe the finest black women as being lightskin. I am not making this stuff up. I know for a fact that lightening my skin will give me that edge in the dating game, that extra boost.
It sounds like you are trying at least. I don't give much sympathy for people who don't try. If you still fail, keep trying harder. I'm just a white dude. I guess I don't understand why the black men seek out light skinned beauties like that. For physical, I would think they would look at your facial features, body and hair first. That sounds funny that the men want lighter. I'm just the opposite. I don't dig pasty white chicks. I'm medium colored myself. Dark-dark features. Pasty redheads never did anything for me.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Oh Nyanna. This is so not true. You need to be ok with yourself, inside and out for any man to love you for who you are..... You need to heal whatever is ailing you. Lay that skin color problem to the side.

Get to the depth of what is going on. See a therapist, talk to your preacher, do something. Once you just leave this skin color thing be and look elsewhere, I bet when you come back to it you will ask yourself why you spent so much of your energy on trying to change whats on the outside...
No, I will not be happy until I am the color I want to be. It's been nagging at me since high school. I do not like my skin tone and never will. And I know I will be happier once I am lightskin and enjoy the same attention from men that my cousin and other fairskinned women get. I will feel better and more at peace with myself. It will make me happy

Quote:
It sounds like you are trying at least. I don't give much sympathy for people who don't try. If you still fail, keep trying harder. I'm just a white dude. I guess I don't understand why the black men seek out light skinned beauties like that. For physical, I would think they would look at your facial features, body and hair first. That sounds funny that the men want lighter. I'm just the opposite. I don't dig pasty white chicks. I'm medium colored myself. Dark-dark features. Pasty redheads never did anything for me.
Yes, I try very hard. I take care of my body and skin. But I never get the same level of attention. A girl can have the same features as i do but if she's lighter than all the black guys want to holler at the "redbone". It's ridiculous. if I lighten and nothing improves (which i doubt) then I will accept myself. But I first want to try and see what happens

Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Nyanna, how old are you?

1,171 posts, read 1,949,417 times
Quote:
There are many average looking lightskin women who get tons of attention from black men. Trust me the standards are not that high when you are fairskinned. If I were flat out ugly, then I wouldn't even bother. But I do have potential. I know skin lightening will give me the boost I need.

Look at Kelly Rowland, before the plastic surgery she was really unattractive. But she got a nosejob, fixed her bottom lip and she is very beautiful now. So if you have some potential you can make a drastic change for the better
The darker the better for me. No pasty white chicks.

http://www.malestandard.com/wp-conte...t70.jpg?9d7bd4

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:

Kelly Rowland is also closeted. Just an FYI.

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

My friend, you and I both know there is no sense in nonsense.

At this point anyone contributing to her thread is just playing in to her need for attention.

We all see what's going on here.

The best thing we can do at this point is not feed the need

Old 07-08-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Kelly Rowland is also closeted. Just an FYI.
she's a lesbian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships