Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
These days the maternity ward is very restricted. They can go to the hospital and view the babies thru the glass during visiting hours. You dont need a restraing order to prevent anyone from being near you during labor and delivery or in your room.

Yes, that I agree with but his wife said the family cannot go the day of delivery and they can see the baby the next day. She can stop them from being in the labor and delivery room but she can't stop them from being in the hospital or the visiting area during visiting hours. If the baby is born in the morning, they can go anytime during visiting hours. Father and grandparents are allowed at all times, at least that's how it was in the hospital where I had my daughter. Depending on the hospital, some will allow the baby to sleep in the room with the mother. At any rate, it's all very unfortunate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 10:49 AM

36,606 posts, read 30,945,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Yes, that I agree with but his wife said the family cannot go the day of delivery and they can see the baby the next day. She can stop them from being in the labor and delivery room but she can't stop them from being in the hospital or the visiting area during visiting hours. If the baby is born in the morning, they can go anytime during visiting hours. Father and grandparents are allowed at all times, at least that's how it was in the hospital where I had my daughter. Depending on the hospital, some will allow the baby to sleep in the room with the mother. At any rate, it's all very unfortunate.
Yes, it is unfortunate. Tit for tat does not a good relationship make.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:51 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4fun31 View Post
Ok , i just want to hear other opinions on this .

My wife is pregnant and we have had our problems before and of course there still problems now regarless of the pregnancy . We recently got into a fight and since she wont let me participate in the Dr appointments , tell me how baby is doing or what went on at these apointments , or let me feel baby kick or anything ? I feel like regardless how we are getting along she shouldnt shut me out of this ! Its still my son regardless of the marriage and its problems .
Repeat to yourself: Pregnant women are crazy.

I had to remind myself my wife was in the grips of hormonal influences when she was pregnant. Or we would have been fighting all the time. Lots of tongue-biting on my part when she was pregnant. Gentle reminders that the rest of us were not 'the enemy.'

They can't help it - they are nuts.

Just chill, kind of let her have her way...I promise you that she does not feel good about how she's acting right now and will apologize and thank you for your patience later. My wife did.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:05 AM

400 posts, read 567,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4fun31 View Post
Exactly . I didnt miss a appointment for 1st 5 months then things took a huge turn for the worse so she told me she didnt want me there and that its HER baby because if we divorce rather than fix this that its fact i will be a part time dad at best and because other than every other weekend our son will be only with her that makes him her child and not ours anymore !! I said regardless of how this works out he's always going to be my son and i dont want to hear her say my child rather than our child again ! " never say that in front of me again". She said me and my side of family will not be welcome at hospitol during delivery that we can come see him the next day ??! Shes absolutely holding it against me becaus she is mad. We were in marriage counseling till she said she wanted to see counselor by herself for her self from now on so i just started going on seperate appointments ?
She is being cruel. She is trying to hurt you. But she is also probably preparing herself for you to leave. In your other threads you did seem ready to leave (or at least toying with it).

Let her counselor know that you would like to rebuild trust and that she is shutting you out. Her counselor may suggest things to her gently if they feel you are safe for her at this time.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:25 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,558,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Repeat to yourself: Pregnant women are crazy.

I had to remind myself my wife was in the grips of hormonal influences when she was pregnant. Or we would have been fighting all the time. Lots of tongue-biting on my part when she was pregnant. Gentle reminders that the rest of us were not 'the enemy.'

They can't help it - they are nuts.

Just chill, kind of let her have her way...I promise you that she does not feel good about how she's acting right now and will apologize and thank you for your patience later. My wife did.
I second this.

My wife was that way and it could have led to divorce, but we realized how the pregnancies were affecting her and we worked our way through them. Unfortunately, it sounds like she may have gone over the edge and your only recourse is legal action to protect your interests. My wife came out of it after the first trimester, but it doesn't sound like yours has.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:54 PM

652 posts, read 875,466 times
Typically these women are usually cheating or involved emotionally with other men. The OP seems like a naive clown who doesn't understand his role as nothing more than a sperm donor. I often times wonder if women understand marrying the wrong men and having children with them has permanent consequences. I do not want to sound insensitive but these women typically marry losers or bottom feeders. Men who are flounders didn't have to be that way. A lot of men come from bad situations and work hard in life so they do not find themselves in the situation the OP finds himself in.

Having children in this world is not a right, it's a privilege. Your child's life is going to be miserable. In America women like her are enabled by those around her who never held her accountable for her actions in life. These women look for men who put them first, once that non verbal agreement is broken so too is the relationship. Usually these women look for men who will financially support them when they pull the plug on the relationship and go away when they are done with them.

I saw a parenting plan once. It was not mine, but the woman was very much similar to your wife. When you see just one parenting plan, you will realize nobody loves anybody in this world. I do not understand why men and women ever thought it was a good idea to bring children into this world. The helping profession is completely unfit to be dispensing any advice, they play the role of referee/experts in peoples lives.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 PM

11,399 posts, read 24,485,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
What a stupid Post...

-----

OP - something occurred for her to chase you away. I don't think anyone is trying to bash you. They are only hearing your side.

Do you know for sure if this child is yours? I would do a paternity test after the child is born.

If she's not including you in the appointments, what can you do? Just be there for when she wants you there.

Woman aren't always innocent and I'm not going to blame it all on hormones either.

Good Luck.. I hope it all resolves itself for the sake of the child, that's coming into the world.
You haven't read the post that explains why she's angry, have you? He's a biker and she wants him to give it up. He feels like she's tying to clip his testicles.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:58 PM

541 posts, read 941,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
You can delay the inevitable. . . . .

Or face reality. Over 50% of marriages end in divorce and not all of those necessarily have "problems", sometimes it is just people growing apart or wanting to have sex with other people.

Get an attorney now. It is time to go covert on the situation. Get one of those disposable cell phones and load it up with minutes. Make copies of all of your relevant financial documents and keep them in a safe deposit box. Start protecting yourself now and avoid being a slave to her issues and how she is treating you.

It's time to take the next step and strike first with the divorce paperwork, preferably when she least expects it, like when she is in labor. You can have one of those legal document service people bring in the paperwork, when you lie to the doctor and tell him that her "brother" just got to the hospital when he heard she was in labor, and then boom!! Right there after she delivers and is holding the kid.

She needs to learn how to treat people and by allowing her to do this now, you are setting a standard by which you will let her rule your life.
Seriously??? You are jumping to conclusion.... all he specified was that his wife wasnt including him in the pregnancy stuff. and your solution was divorce her when she least expects it???Thats sad. We dont know what kind of problems he has with his wife. You want him to put in the towel when he should work on his marriage.
Just quit huh? quitter.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:23 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,160,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
Typically these women are usually cheating or involved emotionally with other men. The OP seems like a naive clown who doesn't understand his role as nothing more than a sperm donor. I often times wonder if women understand marrying the wrong men and having children with them has permanent consequences. I do not want to sound insensitive but these women typically marry losers or bottom feeders. Men who are flounders didn't have to be that way. A lot of men come from bad situations and work hard in life so they do not find themselves in the situation the OP finds himself in.

Having children in this world is not a right, it's a privilege. Your child's life is going to be miserable. In America women like her are enabled by those around her who never held her accountable for her actions in life. These women look for men who put them first, once that non verbal agreement is broken so too is the relationship. Usually these women look for men who will financially support them when they pull the plug on the relationship and go away when they are done with them.

I saw a parenting plan once. It was not mine, but the woman was very much similar to your wife. When you see just one parenting plan, you will realize nobody loves anybody in this world. I do not understand why men and women ever thought it was a good idea to bring children into this world. The helping profession is completely unfit to be dispensing any advice, they play the role of referee/experts in peoples lives.
Okay, Malthus. Calm down. You hate everybody and nobody loves anybody and everyone should just die and let the cockroaches take over.

Are you done helping now?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:32 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,466,758 times
sounds like the couple downstairs from us who has 3 kids and another on the way and constantly bickers about everything until the wife stonewalls everything and they sweep it under the rug until the next inevitable issue in a week or so.

if you have already tried working through all your issues and she isnt open to working on them anymore there really isnt much you CAN do. understandably wanting to stay together for the kids in a logical choice, but if you are never going to be happy together whats the point?

your not leaving a very valuable impression on your child by being a miserable unhappy mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships