Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 09:09 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm not thankful for all men, but I'm thankful for the men in my life. Kudos to their moms for bringing them into the world. Fortunately, my offline does not reflect online.
I mean that tongue in cheek, of course. I'm no male misandrist, nor do I consider myself a misogynyst. I probably display traits of both at times, as well as general misanthropy, self-loathing and the like.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:12 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Its actualy refelcted in society as a whole as well. WOmen get away with way more when it comes to gender bashing than vice versa, just look at todays feminist movement which has only one obvious agenda. It is the way its always been and always will be, because believe it or not, women actualy are the weaker sex. I dont mean this as an insult by any means, because i love women of all races, shapes and sizes, but decades long equality brainwashing has many left feeling like men and women are the same thing, which will never be true.
Women have a much higher threshhold for pain than men do. That makes men the weaker sex.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:33 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Men who feel the need to run down women do so because they have failed at being men themselves.
This also proves some of the earlier points.

Man is a descriptive title, not an earned one. No one tries saying women aren't real women if they don't meet some set of societal standards.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:34 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Women have a much higher threshhold for pain than men do. That makes men the weaker sex.
Women have greater stamina, as well. It's said they're better for long-distance running, as opposed to shorter spurts. And how many men could endure 9 months of hormonal volatility, combined with months of morning sickness, and carrying around another human being inside them? Not to mention actually giving birth, haha! Talk about pain! (You couldn't pay me to go through that!) Then there's the other end of the timeline, when more hormonal madness and chronic insomnia kick in at 50-60 yrs. of age. I hear that for some women it never stops, they have to live the rest of their lives like that. Women have endurance.

But then again, when you read about the Shackleton expedition, what men like that managed to endure sounds miraculous. We should all be thankful for what we have, and quit whining, lol!

Old 07-20-2012, 11:36 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post

Man is a descriptive title, not an earned one. No one tries saying women aren't real women if they don't meet some set of societal standards.
He's challenging masculinity (surely you understand this) and you know that femininity is charged all day, everyday, to the point of nausea.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post

Ask a butch lesbian, female cop, working mother or women who doesn't shave her legs/underarms if she agrees with that. Hell, ask a woman with really short hair if she's never heard a comment like that before.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:42 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
He's challenging masculinity (surely you understand this) and you know that femininity is charged all day, everyday, to the point of nausea.
I've never heard "real woman", "woman card", "woman up" or other such gender attacks like is frequently used on men..

Yes people have differeing opinions on feminity, but they don't resort to attacking her gender, instead her choices are criticized... people may say "you should dress more feminine" but not "you need to woman up and start wearing a skirt"

Old 07-20-2012, 11:56 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Isn't that just semantics, though?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women have greater stamina, as well. It's said they're better for long-distance running, as opposed to shorter spurts. And how many men could endure 9 months of hormonal volatility, combined with months of morning sickness, and carrying around another human being inside them? Not to mention actually giving birth, haha! Talk about pain! (You couldn't pay me to go through that!) Then there's the other end of the timeline, when more hormonal madness and chronic insomnia kick in at 50-60 yrs. of age. I hear that for some women it never stops, they have to live the rest of their lives like that. Women have endurance.

But then again, when you read about the Shackleton expedition, what men like that managed to endure sounds miraculous. We should all be thankful for what we have, and quit whining, lol!
Greater stamina for long-distance running and a few other things.

You are right, though. Be thankful for what we have.

I am also thankful for what I do not have, namely a man like some of the ones who have posted here. I couldn't tolerate someone who went on about women supposedly being "weaker," the "achievements of men," and some of the things that were zapped by the powers that be since yesterday ("women use emotions, men use logic" and "women shouldn't be allowed to vote"). Not only do I find that kind of discussion to be asinine, who wants to be with someone so insecure that he feels compelled to compete with your physiology?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:13 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
The sexes have been taught to hate each other- it's very sad that what is supposed to be a joy is now a curse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships