Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:58 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,378,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
it was probably rabbit who can't seem to stop involving me in his posts on here.... nobody is unloading on anybody but whatever.

I just stated my opinions like you did. Whether or not you're hurting someone's feelings is irrelevant, if you feel a certain way oh well what can anybody do about it. I didn't say anything about 'trying to hurt someone's feelings' either. I don't 'get' the way you think about certain things and guess I never will.
No you won't. You will never get the way I think about certain things because our minds are much different from one another.

I could tell that the day you commented on one of my blogs, which is why I looked further into your profile and dm'd you.

You are not hurting my feelings, I have stated that. But, I live by the golden rule, which is to treat others as you wish to be treated.

If you are ok with hurting peoples feelings, you should go ahead and expect to get yours hurt as well.

Then you will be on the offense. What you fail to understand is this: While you will never understand how my mind works, I already know how yours does. I have done extensive studying on it. Sometimes you say things that are socially unacceptable and I DO understand. Not everyone will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
oh. i thought you were saying you have ability to read that man's mind and know 'why' he is really with you. I was just saying that's not even possible.....oh look at you -- I guess I won't be so enlightened like you to understand what you mean first hand. hey, whatever. at this point I could die tomorrow and that would be fine with me. all you 'enlightened' people can carry on, since you're supposedly in a better position then the rest of us.
I am sorry US, for taking over your thread like this.... Just know that I love to snuggle!

He has no ulterior motives in this relationship and neither do I. All of the cards are on the table. It is possible to know how someone feels about you.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:12 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,739,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
No you won't. You will never get the way I think about certain things because our minds are much different from one another.

I could tell that the day you commented on one of my blogs, which is why I looked further into your profile and dm'd you.

You are not hurting my feelings, I have stated that. But, I live by the golden rule, which is to treat others as you wish to be treated.

If you are ok with hurting peoples feelings, you should go ahead and expect to get yours hurt as well.

Then you will be on the offense. What you fail to understand is this: While you will never understand how my mind works, I already know how yours does. I have done extensive studying on it. Sometimes you say things that are socially unacceptable and I DO understand. Not everyone will.

i commented on your blog b/c I didn't understand that post or what you were talking about in it. you explained it after the fact.

well like i said i wasn't 'trying' to hurt your feelings in the first place. I didn't say I was okay with hurting people's feelings I said it's irrelevant. i'm not going to change my opinion on certain things b/c a person got their feelings hurt. I don't see people doing that for me anyways. i get tired of this mentality that there's some 'opinions' it's okay to have on here and some that are not (not you, just saying in general). i don't care about following those rules set by people that don't want to hear any other opinions but 'pre approved ones.' what kind of open forum is that?

no everyone does not understand, but they think they do and that's why I care less and less everyday about people who claim to have all the answers for everyone's situations. this world is a place for certain types of people and not others.

I agree I will leave this topic to the OP and not throw it off track again.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
i commented on your blog b/c I didn't understand that post or what you were talking about in it. you explained it after the fact.

well like i said i wasn't 'trying' to hurt your feelings in the first place. I didn't say I was okay with hurting people's feelings I said it's irrelevant. i'm not going to change my opinion on certain things b/c a person got their feelings hurt. I don't see people doing that for me anyways. i get tired of this mentality that there's some 'opinions' it's okay to have on here and some that are not (not you, just saying in general). i don't care about following those rules set by people that don't want to hear any other opinions but 'pre approved ones.' what kind of open forum is that?

no everyone does not understand, but they think they do and that's why I care less and less everyday about people who claim to have all the answers for everyone's situations. this world is a place for certain types of people and not others.

I agree I will leave this topic to the OP and not throw it off track again.
No one is telling you to change how you feel about something. That is ridiculous. We are each with our own opinions.

You may want to think a bit about things being so irrelevant. I am not here to be against you, D E.

I understand how you feel with this world being a place for some and not others. You can overcome that. I have seen it happen.

It is because we do not all think the same. We do not all learn the same. There are people out there that do not understand this and think they are above those who are different.

I get that.

I don't have the answer for everyones situation, but if I know anything about it, I will try and help.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:22 PM

Urban, I have thought about this and I am thinking maybe paying for things like snuggling may jest turn unhealthy. It seems that there could be the circumstance that the person may rely on this coming from her, and mistake it for feelings.

This is if they were in that frame of mind, of course.

I just cannot see snuggling with a stranger. There is just not the feeling and emotion that should come with it.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:29 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,739,181 times
Quote:
No one is telling you to change how you feel about something. That is ridiculous. We are each with our own opinions.

You may want to think a bit about things being so irrelevant. I am not here to be against you, D E.

I understand how you feel with this world being a place for some and not others. You can overcome that. I have seen it happen.

It is because we do not all think the same. We do not all learn the same. There are people out there that do not understand this and think they are above those who are different.

I get that.

I don't have the answer for everyones situation, but if I know anything about it, I will try and help.
yea the ways for some people overcome it is to get off of this hell hole ASAP

well i am not against you either. just don't understand how you think you know what all he is thinking/feeling when basically the men can tell you anything you want to hear.

but you cannot ask any kind of questions like that b/c then people carry on about 'negativity' and 'bitter' this 'bitter' that, so to hell with them then.

i agree with you we do not all think and learn the same, but that is just too bad where most people are concerned, they drops you in the same basket as everyone else and you just make do from there. well i had enough of it.

most people think they are above everyone else anyways. you can tell by the way they talk about their situations or life or whatever that they think they are so high and mighty (again, not you just saying in general).

Old 07-17-2012, 08:26 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,016,926 times
Quote:
Urban, I have thought about this and I am thinking maybe paying for things like snuggling may jest turn unhealthy. It seems that there could be the circumstance that the person may rely on this coming from her, and mistake it for feelings.

This is if they were in that frame of mind, of course.

I just cannot see snuggling with a stranger. There is just not the feeling and emotion that should come with it.

Which is precisely where I was going with it.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:25 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,093,509 times
I don't think I was denied affection as a kid (my parents weren't that touchy-feely but it's not like they never displayed affection), although outside that I seldom get 'touched.' I've never had a girlfriend so romantic touching or sweet-talking is out. I never considered myself one to need that a lot when I was younger but over the last few years I found myself just craving intimacy. I would like someone to love me, I could hold, who could hold and care for me. I've never experienced that. I guess it sounds sad but sometimes I go and have a massage just because I need that human touch. I can definitely relate to these men who pay call girls just to go out on dates, men are human beings too who need to feel loved, who need that closeness. The fact that it's so taboo for male friends to show affection doesn't help one bit.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:35 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,093,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Is it any different than someone making money off of sexually gratifying another person if they're willing to pay for it? There are people who make money off other people's vices or needs or desires. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I think someone who feels they NEED to pay someone for that affection has commitment issues or other issues going on that they can't obtain that affection via a "normal" relationship.
I agree. What's the problem is how we alienate each other in real life. It's sad there are people so lonely and starved of affection (such as yours truly) that they have to pay for it. Personally, I crave sexual/romantic intimacy as much or more than the physical act of sex itself. If that's ALL I wanted I might as well buy a blow up doll, that's how I see it. It sounds corny but I'd love to just cuddle up to a woman in bed, for once we'd be each other's one and all...even if it's phony, I truly believe it's better than nothing. Like the Cardigan's song 'Lovefool' I wouldn't care if she pretended to love me...of course so-called 'real' love would be better, but sometimes you gotta get what you can.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:41 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,533 times
It's interesting. I think we all need touch but different degrees. I have two children and one likes to snuggle while the other doesn't. So I don't think that the need for touch is based upon how one was raised bit it certainly could contribute.

The 5 languages of love covers this topic very well. If your love language is touch then you should be with someone who speaks your language. Touch is a big deal for me and I have gone to hands on healers when I have been single so that i can get that need met and that works very well. It is not sexual at all but gives your body a rejuvenating boost of energy and love. I would recommend it for anyone who craves touch but is not getting it. I would be hesitant to hire a snuggler though, seems too intimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships