Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 12:25 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,269,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lmao, I just recently received a text...from a guy I hardly know, who is WAY too young for me.
I even told him that to his face; I am not eager to hang out w/ a 20 something.
Yet when I answered his text (it took a minute to figure out who he is, lol) he calls me a player.
How do I just get the message through that I don't wanna date someone that much younger- & btw, I don't consider myself a player?
You've told him to his face AND via text yet you still feel the need to tell him or get it through to him? Sorry, I think you're rather enjoying the attention of this 20-something year old. If he means nothing to you then there is no need to further reiterate what you've already said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 03:21 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,203,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
There are women who date guys and make it seem like they are interested in a relationship, when they really aren't. Some date multiple guys at once, and are honest about it, or they aren't honest about it.
In any case, just because it is the woman, and not the man conducting this kind of behavior doesn' mean that they can't have a player label.
Being a player is someone who is not sincere in their actions, etc, regardless of gender.
I don't understand why player HAS to be a male term. I know at least 2 woman players.

And both of them were quite proud of their "ability". God forbid you call them out though, their ego will send them through the roof.

I am curious if the OP's ego is insulted from the player label?
Why doesn't the OP just show their maturity in dealing with a persistant younger guy, and handle the situation as many other posters have suggested?
Now that I've read some of the responses I've evaluated how being called that affected me. I have always hated that term. So I guess I was offended.....
And I think I handled it well so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Ruth4truth I think hit it on the head. He is saying things that make you respond.

That word 'player' means to 'play games.' You could be called 'playgirl' which would be 'pursuiting pleasurable activities.'

You had to have given out your number to him. So now he gets your number and makes a move and now you are pulling back the reins. So to him it seems as though, "here is my number call me." "No wait, I mean, you are too young." "Ok...we'll talk."

You see how that could be registered as that?

I can see you are bent over it because you mentioned "Player" about 3 times in your comments in this thread.

Those are my thoughts.
I'm a friendly person....I talk to a lot of people. So if I say to someone we can talk, that's what I mean.

And if I mentioned it 3 times it's obviously just that I actually can't stand that label.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:58 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,898,992 times
Tell him, you're not a player you just crush a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships