Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,702,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
So you give up on love and relationships because your roommate has difficulty? Who cares? This has no bearing on you, your love life or women/men in general.

And this is ludicrous:

I've never once seen this, but I don't hang around 14 year olds. Must be restricted to them. A real man never does this, couldn't do it and wouldn't do it.
I've seen it plenty of times, especially in men who are my age (late 20s to early 30s) going through their first divorce...many of them start dating long before the divorce is final. One of my guy friends started dating less than a month after moving out, they weren't even legally separated yet.

I haven't been in a relationship (or on more than two dates with the same guy) since I broke up with my ex and it will be 3 years next month. I'm absolutely over him (I was over him months before we actually broke up) but I just haven't found the right person yet. He was actually dating other women while we were still together so I'd say he was pretty over it as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,059,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The fact that he almost blew a major opportunity with his internship (really big internship) over this. He is not upset with his decision but the lack of care his ex is showing after 8 years like it is nothing.
Well to be fair, if HE is the one who broke off the engagement, she should really not feel obligated to "care" about his feelings. Especially after 8 years.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:32 PM

102,341 posts, read 108,608,428 times
Quote:
The fact that he almost blew a major opportunity with his internship (really big internship) over this. He is not upset with his decision but the lack of care his ex is showing after 8 years like it is nothing.
Wait, wait, whoa... He's not upset with his decision, but it galls him his ex has moved on? What did he want, to see her crying and suffering? This guy has problems. You're not him, so don't worry about it. Just get on with your life.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've seen it plenty of times, especially in men who are my age (late 20s to early 30s) going through their first divorce...many of them start dating long before the divorce is final. One of my guy friends started dating less than a month after moving out, they weren't even legally separated yet.
This is true. They put their profiles up online as soon as the divorce decision is made, or even if they're just separated. They waste no time. Undoubtedly there are those who are shaken up by the divorce and need time to recover. But there are many out there who move as fast as they can to find a surrogate.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wait, wait, whoa... He's not upset with his decision, but it galls him his ex has moved on? What did he want, to see her crying and suffering? This guy has problems. You're not him, so don't worry about it. Just get on with your life.
THIS.

It seems he's upset she's taking it so well. He broke it off, she's free to date whomever she wants.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:37 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,763,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
So you give up on love and relationships because your roommate has difficulty? Who cares? This has no bearing on you, your love life or women/men in general.

And this is ludicrous:

I've never once seen this, but I don't hang around 14 year olds. Must be restricted to them. A real man never does this, couldn't do it and wouldn't do it.

I'm 32 years old, not 14. And just because you haven't ever seen it, doesn't mean I haven't either.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is true. They put their profiles up online as soon as the divorce decision is made, or even if they're just separated. They waste no time. Undoubtedly there are those who are shaken up by the divorce and need time to recover. But there are many out there who move as fast as they can to find a surrogate.
I started an online dating profile 2 weeks ago and I'm simply amazed at the amount of men in my age group that are 'recently separated' or 'recently divorced'. A lot of their profiles start out with 'Well, I just got separated from my wife'... and I can't help but think 'Why don't you get the divorce finalized before trolling online for women?'

I wont' date a separated man. Period. Too many of my girlfriends have dated them and they've ended up emotionally unstable or they end up back with their wife. Unless divorce papers are signed and filed, no thank you.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:41 PM

26,709 posts, read 41,891,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
THIS.

It seems he's upset she's taking it so well. He broke it off, she's free to date whomever she wants.
If you want to believe him, when she comes by to pick up her stuff periodically she is going crazy. I would tend to think she isn't operating with the best deck taking that into consideration.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:42 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,252,346 times
Easy come, easy go. Ladies, its time to date desperate, seemingly creepy men who worship the brown things that come out or you!

Old 07-21-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
If you want to believe him, when she comes by to pick up her stuff periodically she is going crazy. I would tend to think she isn't operating with the best deck taking that into consideration.
OK, there seems to be more to this story than originally presented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships