Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 03:10 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,708,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, if I recall, she didn't make any kind of reference to having heads shoved up their asses... I may be wrong though.....

I wasn't judging you or your post, was merely pointing out the hostility level is all......
Fair enough but in the same breath, you need to recalibrate your "hostility level" radar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 03:42 PM

26,703 posts, read 41,844,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Our very good friends went to Paris. The first day they had terrible jet lag and had to wait until their hotel room was ready to check in. The second day, they went to the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre, so that was nice. But went it came time for dinner, they felt the waiter was not very nice and, to make things worse, he got sick that night, making him miss an entire day in the hotel. And it rained several days while it was there.

So there's no freaking way I'm ever going to Paris.
You really think you are being funny, ain't ya?

Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,264,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You really think you are being funny, ain't ya?
Actually, I am. The problem is that your post is so ridiculous that it simply invites that kind of response. Because one friend had a relationship that went bust, you're ready to broom the entire idea of relationships? My God, that's a pathetic way to think. And my analogy framed it rather perfectly.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:55 PM

26,703 posts, read 41,844,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, I am. The problem is that your post is so ridiculous that it simply invites that kind of response. Because one friend had a relationship that went bust, you're ready to broom the entire idea of relationships? My God, that's a pathetic way to think. And my analogy framed it rather perfectly.
Add my roommate's situation to already a lot of doubt and you get my response. I already had the broom in my hands and his situation gives me more incentive to sweep.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:05 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,264,174 times
Quote:
Add my roommate's situation to already a lot of doubt and you get my response. I already had the broom in my hands and his situation gives me more incentive to sweep.
Whine, whine, whine. Has it ever occurred to you that your roommate acted like an idiot? He dated a girl for eight years, was even engaged to her, then called things off. So she manages to pick herself up off the floor after apparently wasting almost a full decade on the guy and manages to find someone great. And yet it's her fault? You're feeling sorry for him? Do you realize how ass-backwards that is?

It's pretty simple. If you break off an engagement, that's serious, something that pretty much destroys all trust in a relationship. Heck, for all we know, she had announced to the world that the two were getting hitched. The parents might have put a deposit down on the hall for the reception. The announcement might have run in the paper. And then the guy humiliated her by having second thoughts. Well, if you're having second thoughts and break things off, then you don't get to be possessive. That's p*ssy behavior, my friend. And if his precious internship is suffering for it, it's his own damned fault for being such a knuckle-dragging halfwit who apparently lives without wisdom.

The guy jerked her around and is now inconsolable that she managed to find someone better in short order. Sounds as if he's the one who needs our contempt, not the girl.

Last edited by cpg35223; 07-22-2012 at 04:13 PM..

Old 07-22-2012, 04:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,227,030 times
You seem to be living your life in constant fear that someone is going to hurt you one day. So you keep posting and starting threads about how you are never going to fall in love, that you are never going to get married, blah blah blah. Obviously - you are looking for us to talk you out of it or something - otherwise you wouldn't keep starting threads about it and complaining about it all the time. You are too afraid of getting hurt to even try? Fine. That's your decision. Why all the fuss about it? Are there women banging down your door trying to force you into a relationship with them? Are the relationship police on your trail? If not - then I don't see what the big deal is. There are lots of scared people out there that never go outside their comfort zone. Nothing wrong with that if that is how you choose to live your life.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:11 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,590,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Relationships are nothing but stress and most will end at some point. I shy aware from relationships for the simple fact that I know that cheating is rampant and that only a very small percentage of relationships are unconditional.
Best thing I have ever read on CD.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:13 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,286,423 times
Quote:
Hey society makes a big deal outta love. Aint I allowed to make a big deal outta not wanting love?

Wierd.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,887,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You seem to be living your life in constant fear that someone is going to hurt you one day. So you keep posting and starting threads about how you are never going to fall in love, that you are never going to get married, blah blah blah. Obviously - you are looking for us to talk you out of it or something - otherwise you wouldn't keep starting threads about it and complaining about it all the time. You are too afraid of getting hurt to even try? Fine. That's your decision. Why all the fuss about it? Are there women banging down your door trying to force you into a relationship with them? Are the relationship police on your trail? If not - then I don't see what the big deal is.

There are lots of scared people out there that never go outside their comfort zone. Nothing wrong with that if that is how you choose to live your life.
Yep.

Life is about choices.

Some just work harder to make the best ones they can, even when life deals them a bad hand

Old 07-22-2012, 04:15 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,708,912 times
Quote:
While it was not funny and stupid (in fact quite so). It does look fitting. You can't let that experience influence you THAT much. I'm sure your roomate will find someone who deserves him (if he wants it). you don't need to have a relationship with someone. It's cool and no one should put you down for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships