Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 04:33 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,264,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
so stay off the CD golf forum or post in it -- that's called a choice.

And not everyone gives two sh*ts about portraying these things as positive and great (especially if they haven't been that way)for somebody else's day to go smoothly. If that's your experience then so be it, but other people don't have the same viewpoint and experiences and have just as much 'right' to express that.
Oh, it's not all rainbows and butterflies. But there's an enormous difference between being a person who struggles in relationships and visits this forum for advice and being a person who is not interested in being in a relationship, craps on the idea of being in a relationship, and looks for the negatives in everybody else's relationships. I mean, hell, what a waste of time and energy. If you are not interested in being in a relationship or making the one you're in better, then why waste your time and energy being here in the first place? It's bizarre if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Oh, I see your point.
Thank you.

I mean, the times I broke it off with someone, I certainly didn't wallow in self-pity when the girl in question started dating again. I just knew that was what was going to happen and got on with my life.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:35 PM

26,703 posts, read 41,844,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yes. Why do you insist on sympathizing with such a loser roommate who obviously brought all his troubles upon himself?
Because he is my roommate who has a great future ahead of him (masters degree, prestigious internship, currently in a top law school here in DC) whenever he can pull himself together. I want to see him get himself together so he don't lose what he worked so hard to get.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Because he is my roommate who has a great future ahead of him (masters degree, prestigious internship, currently in a top law school here in DC) whenever he can pull himself together. I want to see him get himself today so he don't lose what he worked so hard to get.
Then your duty to your roommate is to go in there and kick his ass. Tell him that he is acting like a freaking idiot, throwing away his career because he can't handle the consequences of HIS breaking off an engagement. He made this bed, now he has to lie in it. He needs to be a grown-up rather than some mooning adolescent. If you're really his friend, you will say that to him.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:45 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,754,928 times
Quote:
Oh, it's not all rainbows and butterflies. But there's an enormous difference between being a person who struggles in relationships and visits this forum for advice and being a person who is not interested in being in a relationship, craps on the idea of being in a relationship, and looks for the negatives in everybody else's relationships. I mean, hell, what a waste of time and energy. If you are not interested in being in a relationship or making the one you're in better, then why waste your time and energy being here in the first place? It's bizarre if you ask me.

A waste of time and energy would be you trying to direct people on how and what to post. Pretty sure it's never going to take.

not every single thread on here is 'how I do get a relationship?' and you know it. Obviously people are posting their experiences, but only certain ones are considered valid, I don't plan on following any rules for that, just so you know.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
A waste of time and energy would be you trying to direct people on how and what to post. Pretty sure it's never going to take.

not every single thread on here is 'how I do get a relationship?' and you know it. Obviously people are posting their experiences, but only certain ones are considered valid, I don't plan on following any rules for that, just so you know.
Like I care. If nothing else, they serve as a useful example to others. I'm just telling you that people who get on the Relationship forum and then say, "I am uninterested in relationships. I never want to be in a relationship" are pretty much lying to themselves and to everyone else. Yeah, they might have caught a bad break in their love lives, or they might be spouting some kind of weird bravado to a bunch of strangers on the internet, but they are not entirely truthful. They are deeply interested in relationships, but lack the requisite courage to try again, and then use a bunch of negative baloney to hide that fact. If they were truly not interested in relationships, they'd never visit here at all.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:49 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,887,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Because he is my roommate who has a great future ahead of him (masters degree, prestigious internship, currently in a top law school here in DC) whenever he can pull himself together. I want to see him get himself together so he don't lose what he worked so hard to get.
Did you talk to him about getting physical to help him deal with the overwhelming stress he is feeling right now? I'm telling you, when you as devastated and emotionally overwrought as he is, you NEED strenuous physical activity - it really helps

Old 07-22-2012, 04:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,887,488 times
Quote:
Like I care. They serve as a useful example to others. I'm just telling you that people who get on the Relationship forum and then say, "I am uninterested in relationships. I never want to be in a relationship" are pretty much lying to themselves and to everyone else. Yeah, they might have caught a bad break in their love lives, or they might be spouting some kind of weird bravado to a bunch of strangers on the internet, but they are not entirely truthful. They are deeply interested in relationships, but lack the requisite courage to try again, and then use a bunch of negative baloney to hide that fact. If they were truly not interested in relationships, they'd never visit here at all.
Yep, just like I said on post #99

Old 07-22-2012, 04:51 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,286,423 times
Maybe she got sick of being "engaged".

Eight years is a loooooong engagement.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Maybe she got sick of being "engaged".

Eight years is a loooooong engagement.
Well, except for the fact that HE broke it off, not the woman in question. If experience is any help here, I bet she said, "WHAT? I invested eight years of my life with this MoFo and he's now dithering and jerking me around? To hell with him!"

And then she marched right out and probably got with some guy who had been wooing her for years or some college buddy who had gotten touch on Facebook. I bet she gets married within the year. Because if there's anything women hate, it's a man who cannot be decisive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships