Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:41 AM

331 posts, read 604,629 times

Advertisements

[quote=Yellow Jacket;25331236]I've never had sex without a condom. It's a catch 22.

If you wear a condom:

You apparently don't trust women and so they question why you are having sex with her.

If you don't wear a condom:

You risk getting her pregnant and if you do. People tell you to "Man up and take care of your child." Yet, you trusted the woman. There is no win for the guy.[/quote]

^^^^ You should wear a condom to protect yourself, weather it be 1) You don't trust the female or 2) If your not ready to be a parent, protecting yourself should be #1, especially if you just jump in the sack with whomever....eewwww

(bolded) Are you saying that if you "happen" to get her pregnant (which is ALWAYS a risk when having sex--protected or not ) that you shouldn't "man up & take care of your child"?!?! Trust the woman? Take some responsibility..it takes two to tango!!!!

It's easier for men to walk away, while the female is sitting alone, scared, body changing, getting prepared to bring the life of her (& his) child into the world alone...while the man can already be out there with the next girl not even thinking of what is going on, nor claiming, mind you, to the current girl what has just accured....sicking...little boys trying to do a man's business

There's a reason people shouldn't just be having sex b/c "they are hot", "I like her/him", "Horney"....promiscuous sex will catch up to you sooner or later & then finally it'll all make sense....

Old 07-25-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
My message is always the same

Stop letting losers have unprotected sex with you, and I promise you won't be a single mom

^^^^ Not always true....some LTR or marriages with kids involved don't last, and the woman ends up a single mom....

Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,572,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
bad boys dont wear condoms or stick around for that matter.

It takes two to tango.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:52 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,708,333 times
I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy that people (predominantly women) say. As soon as I say that I wear a condom because I don't trust her and I don't want to be a parent. They immediately say that I shouldn't be having sex. How is hypocratic when I'm actually taking measures to prevent.

Also, the man shouldn't always have to support the kid. There are cases that the women has trapped or violated an agreement or even raped to obtain the kid. Ideally, if the woman has the only say on what happens to the child. I think it's also fair that in the situation that she wants to keep it. A man can voluntarily sign over the rights and walk away scot-free. No child support, no visitation, child has no right to the man's estate (social security and other benefits) and no problems. I just think it's unfair that the woman has all of these choices. The man has none and then get vilified if they dare try to even the playing field. Don't even mention vasectomy because it should be considered permanent yet a woman can get pregnant easily abort it and get pregnant again.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM

23 posts, read 33,969 times
It's disturbing to me at least to see so many single mothers so young on dating website and they seem perfectly content being a mother at such a young age. Maybe it's just me and my old fashioned views of having kids after say 25.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:55 AM

607 posts, read 1,218,931 times
You should read this article from the NYTimes: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/us...&_r=3&emc=eta1

Something like half of all kids born to mothers under 30 are born out of wedlock. I'm sure it only seems like there are more single moms than dads because a lot of the dads are absent parents so they're not toting around their kids or claiming them on dating websites.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:01 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,218,694 times
Between the failed marriages, relationships and multitudes of sexual partners for a certain percentage what would one expect, don't forget all of the STD's out there as a result.

That doesn't IMHO make every woman or man who has custody of their child(ren) losers or desperate.

It's up to one to figure out as to the "why" for each one though imo.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM

11,826 posts, read 12,080,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northfleet View Post
It's disturbing to me at least to see so many single mothers so young on dating website and they seem perfectly content being a mother at such a young age. Maybe it's just me and my old fashioned views of having kids after say 25.
But when that's your lot in life, you need to become content with it instead of railing against it. Being upset to be a young mother doesn't change the fact that she is one, so it's best for her and the child that she find ways to cope and be content with where her choices have gotten her in life.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northfleet View Post

^^ I agree and yes it is disturbing....I know many that are content with being single moms....why not be? When placed (regardless of circumstanes) in the situation where your going to be a single mom/dad, you have two choices: 1) Learn to be happy in the situation and do the best you can OR 2) Whine, mope, groan, and be miserable- which therefore will lead the child(ren) into the same type of attitude.

It's not what most people would want/choose to do....but sometimes things happen and the best thing to do is make the best out of the situation before you!

Old 07-25-2012, 11:22 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,215,478 times
One more thing... Real men take care of their kids, end of story. Guys don't just become losers and deadbeats as soon as the girl gets pregnant, newsflash...they ALWAYS WERE LOSERS. And a majority of the time the woman is OKAY WITH THAT. We can try to sugarcoat this all we want but it's the truth. It's only wen she gets pregnant and has the child when he walks out then the slander and all the acknowledgement of his bad traits come out to light. But it's too late then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships