Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 12:31 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,707,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
All these choices? Well one way to prevent it? Is by wearing a condom! You do not know how many times I have heard "Men" state that they refuse to wear condoms because it messes with their erections, they cannot climax the same as going bareback, what it amounts to? Being selfish!
You are right about one thing, a man should state he is not ready to be a dad and for the woman to be able to make the decision of what she chooses to do ( termination) (Adoption) ect..keeping the child and having the parents support her decision because of religious beliefs or personal ones..however the SHAME/STIGMA is left with the MOTHER.. the guy GETS TO WALK AWAY AS YOU STATED...HOW FAIR OR ETHICAL IS THIS?
As fair as letting the woman have the sole decision on the unborn child's future.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:40 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,179,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
As fair as letting the woman have the sole decision on the unborn child's future.
I get it...I thought my post was clear? Regardless of the decision a mother makes for the unborn child..
The STIGMA/SHAME still follows her.
1. The woman decides to adopt out? After the child's father has made it clear that he wants nothing to do with this child?
The mother will always be seen as the woman who did not want to keep her child for whatever reason.
2. The mother decides to terminate the preg. she decides that she cannot raise this child on her own, she is in college or HS, she has no support from her parents ect...SHE IS THE one whom must live with this decision.
The man/male? Can walk away and not look back?
How is this ethical? Simply because this man stated his right as a human and stated he wanted NO part of it as your post stated? Does this make him less CULPABLE? less of a FATHER? OR AT the very least a sperm donor?

Old 07-26-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
I get it...I thought my post was clear? Regardless of the decision a mother makes for the unborn child..
The STIGMA/SHAME still follows her.
1. The woman decides to adopt out? After the child's father has made it clear that he wants nothing to do with this child?
The mother will always be seen as the woman who did not want to keep her child for whatever reason.
2. The mother decides to terminate the preg. she decides that she cannot raise this child on her own, she is in college or HS, she has no support from her parents ect...SHE IS THE one whom must live with this decision.
The man/male? Can walk away and not look back?
How is this ethical? Simply because this man stated his right as a human and stated he wanted NO part of it as your post stated? Does this make him less CULPABLE? less of a FATHER? OR AT the very least a sperm donor?
Society's opinion is something that can't be controlled. However, I'm concerned with the decision/choices/effects concerning the parents and parents alone. Decent people would at least inquire about what happened before judging but also people who know who the father was would also condemn him. The men does get more flack for stuff like this. If nothing else, the women are more than likely pitied. The man is looked upon with disdain.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:53 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,676,263 times
Quote:
Society's opinion is something that can't be controlled. However, I'm concerned with the decision/choices/effects concerning the parents and parents alone. Decent people would at least inquire about what happened before judging but also people who know who the father was would also condemn him. The men does get more flack for stuff like this. If nothing else, the women are more than likely pitied. The man is looked upon with disdain.
If people even find out the men HAVE children.

I know a few guys with kids who never mention them. They consider themselves childless because they have nothing to do with their kids lives by their own decision. Hell, one of my buddies has two kids in two different countries and still considers himself childless because they aren't in the US.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If people even find out the men HAVE children.

I know a few guys with kids who never mention them. They consider themselves childless because they have nothing to do with their kids lives by their own decision. Hell, one of my buddies has two kids in two different countries and still considers himself childless because they aren't in the US.
Skeletons have a tendency to come out of the closet.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:41 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,179,207 times
Quote:
society condemns much as you have..hello?

Old 07-26-2012, 06:04 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,229,091 times
Quote:

This number is skewed, I want to see stats or I will pull up my own.

"Originally, Medicaid categories were defined by welfare recipient status, but this began to change in the mid-1980's and ceased completely with the passage of welfare reform in the mid-1990's. Over its history, the Medicaid program has changed from a program to provide health insurance to the welfare population to a catch-all program that provides health and long term care services to around 40 million people at a cost of $170 billion dollars to federal and state governments. As of 2000, Medicaid was the source of health care insurance for one in four American children and covered 40 percent of all births."

Medicaid (Encyclopedia of Everyday Law) - eNotes.com

As of 2010 this was 53%. I will need to find that research again, but you can see it was trending up even back in the year 2000 @ 40%.

Why worry about fathering a child when the government is taking on responsibility.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:28 AM

753 posts, read 1,484,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
My message is always the same

Stop letting losers have unprotected sex with you, and I promise you won't be a single mom
Bingo!!!

Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,232,905 times
The title of this thread is nonsensical. As if single moms become so via the immaculate conception. It's single parents. For every single mom there is a single father (even if he doesn't care).

Old 07-26-2012, 06:42 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,214,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
One more thing... Real men take care of their kids, end of story. Guys don't just become losers and deadbeats as soon as the girl gets pregnant, newsflash...they ALWAYS WERE LOSERS. And a majority of the time the woman is OKAY WITH THAT. We can try to sugarcoat this all we want but it's the truth. It's only wen she gets pregnant and has the child when he walks out then the slander and all the acknowledgement of his bad traits come out to light. But it's too late then.

I dont want to quote myself again but it's the truth. Rarely if ever do men "magically" become losers or deadbeats as soon as he finds out the woman is pregnant. Let's be real chances are he ALWAYS was a loser. Women need to make better choices in whose fathering their children.

As a woman, you have the power, and with great power comes great responsibility. You decide whether sex happens or not. We can all try to play ourselves into believing different but it's reality. In this market, women are sellers and men are buyers

Last edited by BradPiff; 07-26-2012 at 06:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships