Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 03:27 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,590,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Let me get back to the topic. No need of arguing here. Some weeks ago I went on a job interview at a family court house in the Bronx. It was real sad and it gave me a stark look at the single mother situation. A line of probably more than fifty women queued up to file child support papers against ex lover's. I saw some women with kids of different skin tones and hair texture, I had go ask why did these women did not know any better.
I have a childhood friend who has 2 kids by 2 different men and she's a single mom in her late 20s.

On the outside you would feel sorry for her because she has to raise 2 kids alone, but I knew her and how she was when she was younger in that she was wild, liked to drink, party, and sleep around with different guys.

I only feel sorry for the kids, they have to grow up in impoverished dysfunctional homes.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:39 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,098,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Add to that, that any of the men involved are/were losers. It's funny in a sad way because this stuff typically comes from guys who complain about misandry.
So wait a minute the men these women sleep with are their winners and not losers? I thought you said losers bed with losers. Damn lady you just contradicted yourself.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
fact of the matter is if we had wombs our bad choices would be incredibly obvious as well
Come on man, men make poor choices as well, but the difference is that we own up to our mistakes and we lie in the bed we made. On the other hand, very rarely does a woman own up to a mistake she made. This is why women always come from the victim angle to try and get sympathy when they discuss the issue of being a single mom.

Quote:
luckily most of the time we are not punished for our bad choices.
Are you living on another planet? Men are punished more swiftly and harshly then women under most instances.

Last edited by calicali01; 07-27-2012 at 03:47 PM..

Old 07-27-2012, 03:46 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,990,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Come on man, men make poor choices as well, but the difference is that we own up to our mistakes and we lie in the bed we made. On the other hand, very rarely does a woman own up to a mistake she made and flat out tell you that they chose the wrong guy to begin with. Women always come from the victim angle to try and get sympathy out of a situation they could have prevented.
generalize much?

i know plenty of guys who aren't responsible at all and bounce from one eff-up to the next

any men are from mars women are from venus argument is bound to have a ton of holes

but it's irrefutable that the stakes are lower for men than for women when it comes to birth control

Quote:
Are you living on another planet? Men are punished more swiftly and harshly then women under most instances.
i think you need a hug

Old 07-27-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
but it's irrefutable that the stakes are lower for men than for women when it comes to birth control
Not sure what you mean?

Old 07-27-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Not sure what you mean?
next time you play just the tip and some living being takes up residence in your stomach you give me a call

Old 07-27-2012, 03:52 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,232,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
So wait a minute the men these women sleep with are their winners and not losers? I thought you said losers bed with losers. Damn lady you just contradicted yourself.
I'm not contradicting myself. Losers do take up with their own. Loser does not equal single parent even if some single parents happen to fit the loser label. Is it really too complicated to grasp?

Old 07-27-2012, 03:53 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,033,671 times
Quote:
next time you play just the tip and some living being takes up residence in your stomach you give me a call

Archer - Just the Tip? - YouTube

Old 07-27-2012, 03:54 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,314,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
If you don't understand what the terms mean (professional, career, educated) you're not along well enough to have a discussion. I suppose that is what this conversation is about, but you would probably learn more by investigating these terms yourself. You can start with dictionary.com, wiki, and then investigate various careers at uni websites, linkedin, and maybe glassdoor. Those exercises alone will bring you greater benefit than me pasting a paragraph for you. Good luck and check back in with your progress, little one.
I'd say that advice is better suited for yourself dear. Its fairly obvious what the term means but you lack the comprehension or creativity to muster up anything aside from trite excursions into banality. It doesn't surprise me though, in your case its a bit of a reflexive hamster (or rather rat as I've mentioned in the past) moving too fast. Its a bit ironic and comedic (and expected), at any other time you break your neck to mention a rather unforgettable anecdote concerning an observation about your workplace.

Bronxguyanese is on point as usual with his hilarious assessment (lolz @ phd nearing menopause). I've smashed "career" women who ranged from ivy grads, finance, to ones who considered themselves to be apart of specific intelligentsia circles (in nyc). I don't really complain because I get my pick of the litter but its overbearing dealing with them in their over the hill stages (when they have specific realizations about the reality absurd ideologies). During my "indoctrination" (college) period, one of my main mentors was/is a well noted feminist. She had wrote one often quoted (and damaging) text in particular, one that could in fact be read as a manifesto towards spinsterisms. She was a good teacher of craft, so I often visit her to relay my progress and we talk about her book every now and then. I can't help but to notice what sounds like regret. I've often wondered if it had to do with years of espousing the "cake and eat it too rhetoric", whatever it is I know that its a gaping and knowingly unacknowledged void (within Women of her generation).

Personally I've always felt terms like "career women" where bore out of the feeling of trying to overly compensate (and laced with self flagellation within the lexicon of those who champion such newspeak). Its also a term used by the unimaginative and those lacking ambition and drive, not all women are equal.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Archer - Just the Tip?
Hey, right there, what you should have gone with was "Sammy Gay-vis Jr."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships