Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 09:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
Living in south carolina the ratio of single girls in their 20s with kids to single girls in the same range without kids is staggering. i've looked at a couple profiles of girls in my area who are 21/22 years old and already have 3 kids to their credit.

i love it too when some of these girls list their occupation as "housewife" or "stay at home mom". according to my definition you neither of those two "jobs" brings in a livable income haha. so to me i'm already aware of what they're looking for. sadly any guy with the money to "take care of her" would not want that baggage to begin with.
I don't understand how an unmarried person can be a SAHM/D or housewife/husband.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:05 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northfleet View Post
It seems that about 8 of every 10 profiles I look at on a dating websit, it is a single mother.

I could understand if they were in their late 20's early 30's and were in a LTR or divorced. But I see an overwhelming 19-13 y/o's with kids, and they have no clue what a LTR even is.

there was one on here, that was 19, with a 5 y/o, you do the math.

Is it so hard for women not to have kids? I am 27, and I have none.(that I know of-lol)
This is a sign you're on the wrong dating sites. Let me guess--you're on the free ones? I must be psychic.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:07 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I do. And honestly, I thought this was the norm for men until I came on here and talked to men and women who didn't have the same issues I did. I know there are a lot of jerks out there, but it seems I live in an area and am in a profession that has a concentration of them.
As you've learned here, you're in some awful backwater. Wise decision to move. You poor thing, thinking the reactions you were getting were the norm!! Knowledge is power. Enjoy your change of scenery next winter.
(Good thing you joined C-D, eh, or you might never have found out what the rest of the world was like!)

Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Rare and unlikely. The vast majority of single parent households are that of low income, uneducated people. Although, stating what you have SEEN (not scene) as something that holds value beyond an opinion, your opinion, is nonsense. 2:1 your scene does not include a plethora of career minded women.
Rare and unlikely wtf you smoking? Come to NYC stuff like this exist. Scene was a typo using swype keyboard on my phone. Also im in the dating scene and met many educated single mothers beyond more than my fingers can count. But dont get me wrong majority of single mothers are low income and uneducated, I should know I dated some btw and the sex was greeeaat. But I also dated educated single mothers too. Whats the difference? Educated single mother held a job with better pay and struggled less and able to afford activities as well maintain some sort of independence. Low income unefucated single mothers is the polar oppsite of educated single mothers and highly dependent on family or even a new boyfriend to help raise their child.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it was a shock to me, too. i'm just inured to it now, human beings are scum.

when you get to the real dregs of society, you're not talking about a situation where monogamy is the norm. it's typical to have a small group of 'alpha' type guys that are having a ton of sex with a large group of women, while the majority of men are having sex rarely if at all.
Its the norm in most places. Id your a decent guy you will get leftovers.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't understand how an unmarried person can be a SAHM/D or housewife/husband.
Very very common. You would not believe the forms that will have Marital Status: Single, Occupation: Housewife or Homemaker. That usually means living the welfare handout life.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I dont want to quote myself again but it's the truth. Rarely if ever do men "magically" become losers or deadbeats as soon as he finds out the woman is pregnant. Let's be real chances are he ALWAYS was a loser. Women need to make better choices in whose fathering their children.

As a woman, you have the power, and with great power comes great responsibility. You decide whether sex happens or not. We can all try to play ourselves into believing different but it's reality. In this market, women are sellers and men are buyers
I agree with this .

I know of some women who have kids did not and choose not to be with the childs father anymore for unrealistic reasons. I know of one who left her boyfriend who had a kid with her to ve with someone else who made her happy. I know buddy of mines He wasnt makinf enough money but he tried real hard to make it work and his girl friend left him for some one else plus the baby and she put him up for child support and happy with a new boyfriend. Sadlt the new boyfriend brcome bogged down with daddy roles for a kid thsts not his and he broke up with her. This chick is now going to have a revolving door of men in and out of her life, the sad part is get child has to grow and become a spectator and with her biological father still around.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:23 AM

23 posts, read 33,909 times
well, personally, single moms on welfare in canada,are treated like princesses
they are all living an upper middle class lifestyle
they are notoriously terrible mothers, or parents
we just cant afford this insanity any longer!

why should good people have to pay for ,other peoples mistakes,yes their kids are mistakes!
the results of other peoples bad, sometimes terrible choices
our system, needs to once again, punish,bad choices, not reward them!

to those women who, whine that the fathers, do not or cant pay for their children, why would you have their children, why breed with the biggest looser you could find,over and over again!
and why should you get a single cent for doing that!
a couple of decades ago, a guy who, got a girl pregnant was expected to live up to the responsibility, a woman had to as well,and if she, or he did not, they had choice names and labels for people like that
i guess people called it as they saw it...

the argument that if we cut them off welfare, the kids will suffer, is just tired, the kids do not have anything that even looks like a chance any way
stas show that fatherless children end up with huge social problems, criminals,and more single moms on welfare!

Old 07-27-2012, 04:40 AM

254 posts, read 341,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northfleet View Post
It seems that about 8 of every 10 profiles I look at on a dating websit, it is a single mother.

I could understand if they were in their late 20's early 30's and were in a LTR or divorced. But I see an overwhelming 19-13 y/o's with kids, and they have no clue what a LTR even is.

there was one on here, that was 19, with a 5 y/o, you do the math.

Is it so hard for women not to have kids? I am 27, and I have none.(that I know of-lol)
Don't you mean 19-23 year olds lol?

As for becoming a single mother, look that can happen to anyone. Let's be honest here, we now live in a time where single mothers come from ALL sorts of backgrounds. From uneducated and poor, to independent and educated. It doesn't necessarily just mean that she only likes the, "bad boys," and now she's paying the price for her "stupidity." A lot of uneducated people make that bad assumptions, because they have no idea what it's like or how it happens.

Some people go into relationships with the best intentions, and after a while (and in some cases, after the baby was born), it doesn't work out for whatever reason and they split.

Some were legitimately stupid about. The point is, it goes both ways.

But to hold the fact that a woman had a past before you against her, is kind of stupid.

That would be like her holding the fact that you had a past against you. You would think that's stupid too wouldn't you? That's what I'm talking about.

But whatever, to each their own.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:07 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Rare and unlikely wtf you smoking? Come to NYC stuff like this exist. Scene was a typo using swype keyboard on my phone. Also im in the dating scene and met many educated single mothers beyond more than my fingers can count. But dont get me wrong majority of single mothers are low income and uneducated, I hould know I dated some btw and the sex was greeeaat. But I also dated educated single mothers too. Whats the difference? Educated single mother held a job with better pay and struggled less and able to afford activities as well maintain some sort of independence. Low income unefucated single mothers is the polar oppsite of educated single mothers and highly dependent on family or even a new boyfriend to help raise their child.
Regardless of what you have seen, or think you have seen, these women hooking up with the same caliber of men (to be left up a creek) is statistically rare and unlikely. It is what it is. It's not as if we're short on data here. Welfare, women, and families are studied extensively. So, I'm not smoking anything when addressing these common sense conclusions. Although, I would bet there's a correlation to be found with level of education (type, concentration, duration) and the specifics of a single mom situation. A two year degreed tech, for example, would fall into the degreed pile, but she may not be in the same cultural space as the PhD deciding to do IVF on her own. You're likely to meet the former in your dating scene and not necessarily the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships