Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,244,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sadly, many men don't

Not all, no gross generalizations here...but the men I've come across prefer women they can 'dominate'. Had a guy recently tell me the only reason he wouldn't date me is because I was smarter than he was.

His loss.
It sounds like you know a lot of idiots (sadly).

Old 07-26-2012, 04:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,688,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It sounds like you know a lot of idiots (sadly).
I do. And honestly, I thought this was the norm for men until I came on here and talked to men and women who didn't have the same issues I did. I know there are a lot of jerks out there, but it seems I live in an area and am in a profession that has a concentration of them.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,115,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And you don't want someone independent with a brain?
I have scene and witnessed many career minded college educated women go and fall for the wrong guy and end up pregnant. At the end of the day these women were not smart at all. Luckily they have money and a finances to help raise a kid without a father in the house as well as depending on a network of family and friends for help, I don't call that an independent woman.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,042,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I do. And honestly, I thought this was the norm for men until I came on here and talked to men and women who didn't have the same issues I did. I know there are a lot of jerks out there, but it seems I live in an area and am in a profession that has a concentration of them.
You're working with gear heads who do it for a living. From my experiences, I'd say most of them are like you describe.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snd485 View Post
You should read this article from the NYTimes: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/us...&_r=3&emc=eta1

Something like half of all kids born to mothers under 30 are born out of wedlock. I'm sure it only seems like there are more single moms than dads because a lot of the dads are absent parents so they're not toting around their kids or claiming them on dating websites.
Jesus and uncle Sam will raise her kids like majority of single mothers in America.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
And being a single mom is "cool" now. A lot of young girls see it as a right of passage and independence
How can it be a right of passage for independence when most of these girls have to receive air from church and government programs to help raise her kids. I smh. Thank goodness I don't have no kids, where I'm from majority of women will take me to cleaners for child support payments. Is it me but many women especially independent women have unrealistic goals on choosing an ideal mate over a mate.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I have scene and witnessed many career minded college educated women go and fall for the wrong guy and end up pregnant. At the end of the day these women were not smart at all. Luckily they have money and a finances to help raise a kid without a father in the house as well as depending on a network of family and friends for help, I don't call that an independent woman.
Rare and unlikely. The vast majority of single parent households are that of low income, uneducated people. Although, stating what you have SEEN (not scene) as something that holds value beyond an opinion, your opinion, is nonsense. 2:1 your scene does not include a plethora of career minded women.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:42 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,520,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Rare and unlikely. The vast majority of single parent households are that of low income, uneducated people. Although, stating what you have SEEN (not scene) as something that holds value beyond an opinion, your opinion, is nonsense. 2:1 your scene does not include a plethora of career minded women.
You are right. It makes sense because Single mother is just one income. I usually hear them complain a lot about making ends meet. On top of this, they continue to have more and more babies.

If you filter women with no kids then you will notice that lot of them have a 4 year degree or more with high paying jobs.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:53 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,866,226 times
Living in south carolina the ratio of single girls in their 20s with kids to single girls in the same range without kids is staggering. i've looked at a couple profiles of girls in my area who are 21/22 years old and already have 3 kids to their credit.

i love it too when some of these girls list their occupation as "housewife" or "stay at home mom". according to my definition you neither of those two "jobs" brings in a livable income haha. so to me i'm already aware of what they're looking for. sadly any guy with the money to "take care of her" would not want that baggage to begin with.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
You are right. It makes sense because Single mother is just one income. I usually hear them complain a lot about making ends meet. On top of this, they continue to have more and more babies.
Yep, poverty is known issue for single moms.

Quote:
If you filter women with no kids then you will notice that lot of them have a 4 year degree or more with high paying jobs.
I do happen to know a few career minded, single moms. But, their stories are a bit different than what's portrayed here (IVF, intentional coupling for pregnancy while unmarried).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships