Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 02:06 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,849,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I have two degrees and I paid for my tuition while attending, I never asked my parents for a dime. Im one of the lucky few people of my generation not to be in debt until I acquire property.
Okay but you said that you've dated college educated women who've cried like babies about their debt, and/or who want men to pay for their debt. My point is that there are college educated men in the same position. Student loan debt is not only impacting women.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:17 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,107,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Okay but you said that you've dated college educated women who've cried like babies about their debt, and/or who want men to pay for their debt. My point is that there are college educated men in the same position. Student loan debt is not only impacting women.
oh of course, but most men I know have no college degree the ones I know who are college educated have some sort of high paying to decent jobs and are attacking the problem of paying of debt. But I agree debt affects both sexes. THe one that cried was just an acquitance and I did not date her. I see women with high debt as baggage equally on par with women single mothers.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:23 PM

774 posts, read 2,607,346 times
Honestly I've seen two reasons for this.

1) the guys are total losers and run the other way. This happened to my current GF. The sperm doner (not a father) found out and got the hell out of dodge. We 've been together for 7 yrs and I wouldn't have it any other way.

2) Girls get mixed up with the wrong guy and finally realize there is no future and want a better a life for themselves and their child.

As for the ones with multiple kids by multiple guys.... Well they're just idiots.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:16 PM

I tell women this, the right guy is the wrong guy, and the wrong is the right guy. They still dont get it.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:55 AM

23 posts, read 33,970 times
I'm not pissed off at single moms at all!! Why would I be? You all seem to think that because I avoid dating single moms, that I have something against them. I don't!!

It is the laws that prevent me from taking the risk. I think I've explained that quite clearly here, but that certainly doesn't mean I feel any anger or resentment toward all single moms!! And like I mentioned before, those single moms have just as much freedom to change things if they don't like it as we do.

I'm completely happy to continue to avoid them, stay status quo, and narrow my dating pool.

I will, however, always put in my .02c anytime a single mom asks why she has a hard time getting dates, though. Its always entertaining to see the resulting fireworks here on the forums!! LOL!!

Old 07-31-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northfleet View Post
I'm not pissed off at single moms at all!! Why would I be? You all seem to think that because I avoid dating single moms, that I have something against them. I don't!!

It is the laws that prevent me from taking the risk. I think I've explained that quite clearly here, but that certainly doesn't mean I feel any anger or resentment toward all single moms!! And like I mentioned before, those single moms have just as much freedom to change things if they don't like it as we do.

I'm completely happy to continue to avoid them, stay status quo, and narrow my dating pool.

I will, however, always put in my .02c anytime a single mom asks why she has a hard time getting dates, though. Its always entertaining to see the resulting fireworks here on the forums!! LOL!!
I agree. There is nothing wrong with single mothers, single moms need love too at the end of the day. Dating single moms can be risky aswell as promising at the same time. I find single moms to be very nurturing. But as a single guy myself who is fighting hard to build himself up, I have to be real careful with who I see and date, and whether I'm going to take a leap of faith for an LTR with a single mom which is in abundance where I live from welfare recipients to working class women to yes even educated women. I have witnessed many women upgrade from guys who they had children with and the process repeats its self creating more baggage for the single mom. These women go through a revolving door of men. Thank goodness for govt and church support systems to help these single moms.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:39 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,869,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
What about the dads? Do they just get a pass? Ugh I'm so glad my "so" gets on BOTH the men and women about the "single mom" epidemic rather than just focusing on how awful single mom's are.
You can "get on" them all you want but the bottom line is that if you can't track them down AND find their money, you are out of luck. Far easier to take birth control.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,680,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
You can "get on" them all you want but the bottom line is that if you can't track them down AND find their money, you are out of luck. Far easier to take birth control.
This is exactly true. This is also why I won't sleep with a man early on in a relationship (bc fails...I'm proof of it) nor do I trust men in general. Many will disappear when faced with responsibility.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:06 PM

640 posts, read 719,146 times
C'mon JJ., we're not all the enemy...trust but verify...

Old 07-31-2012, 10:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,680,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post
C'mon JJ., we're not all the enemy...trust but verify...
Of course not...but in the time it takes to figure out if a man is trustworthy, many of them have already moved on because you didn't 'put out' quick enough.

Or, you can date a guy for 6 years, live with him, get engaged, have an 'accident' and get pregnant and he can move out of your apartment while you're at work, never to be seen again leaving you as a single Mother.

I just can't help but think that could be me one day. I could do everything right and still end up screwed over. I could get married and 10 years later have my husband leave me for a 19 year old co-ed like another friend of mine. They were high school sweethearts...and that didn't stop him from cheating and leaving her and their two kids.

I'm protecting my interests at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships