Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,785,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Funny how some guys don't get this. Heck, even with women with small or moderate chests, they don't get that women want to be appreciated for their brains, accomplishments, and personality.
Nothing wrong with appreciating those things and physical beauty as well. That's what they call the complete package God is great and looking at you ladies is proof!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,843,964 times
Musicians do have huge egos if they are good at what they do...Never liked woman who adored me when I played and had no use for me when I was dormant. Then most woman who did not know me as a musician showed little interest- a guitar or piano in front of me must have been like boobs- I did not want to be known as a guitar- or a sweet voice. Sometimes I feel like I should go out and start playing again just to get some romance- "Players only love you when you're playing"

Old 07-31-2012, 10:24 PM

13,618 posts, read 21,425,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'd rather be known as 'JetJockey, the woman who has an Aerospace Engineering degree, who flies and fixes planes', not the 'tall chick with huge knockers'. The fact that people don't even remember my name, but do remember 2 physical characteristics and nothing more irritates me to no end. My identity is who I am, not what I look like.

I feel that women who date rockers just because they're musicians to be pathetic as well. I played in many bands growing up and you couldn't PAY me enough to date a musician. Nearly all of them cheat, and are narcissistic with huge egos. No thank you. I toured with enough bands to be completely turned off by that lifestyle.

And I've hand PLENTY of men tell me they're 'too big and ugly', I've also been moo'd at, and they've been called udders many, many times. I've had guys bet each other they could 'motorboat' me without my permission. Many of my guy friends have candid 'boob' picture of me (always fully dressed) without my head or the rest of my body in them. Yeah, I guess I should be thankful that I've been reduced to walking mammary glands. Hooray! Attention!

Well you have been surrounded by eggheads with grade school mentality then, to have said or acted such a way. Doesn't mean all guys won't appreciate other aspects about you that you mentioned even when they are into you physically.

You should develop a thicker skin and brush off those kinds of guys if you can. I have been taunted and razzed because of the way I look, guys at work do it all the time even though I am ponytailed and "presentable for work. I always get the taunting in a voice of a stoner " hey man know where I can get some weed"? as they pretend to take a toke. Does that annoy me? Yeah but then again F..them because I like myself.

Back in high school if someone taunted me I would have taken it to heart and let it crush my self esteem but I realized at one point they can kiss my azz

Anyway I hope you take a compliment to heart , cheers

Old 07-31-2012, 10:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Musicians do have huge egos if they are good at what they do...Never liked woman who adored me when I played and had no use for me when I was dormant. Then most woman who did not know me as a musician showed little interest- a guitar or piano in front of me must have been like boobs- I did not want to be known as a guitar- or a sweet voice. Sometimes I feel like I should go out and start playing again just to get some romance- "Players only love you when you're playing"
At least you're being judged on a talent, on something that you DO. People overlook the things that I've accomplished because 'she totally has huge boobs!!'. If I was judged solely on my talent as an aircraft mechanic I'd be pretty stoked... unfortunately that will never happen because I'm a woman and my looks will always be at the forefront.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Well you have been surrounded by eggheads with grade school mentality then, to have said or acted such a way. Doesn't mean all guys won't appreciate other aspects about you that you mentioned even when they are into you physically.

You should develop a thicker skin and brush off those kinds of guys if you can. I have been taunted and razzed because of the way I look, guys at work do it all the time even though I am ponytailed and "presentable for work. I always get the taunting in a voice of a stoner " hey man know where I can get some weed"? as they pretend to take a toke. Does that annoy me? Yeah but then again F..them because I like myself.

Back in high school if someone taunted me I would have taken it to heart and let it crush my self esteem but I realized at one point they can kiss my azz

Oh, I have a really thick skin, but when the vast VAST majority of people act like this and it become the norm, it becomes difficult to just brush it off. I actually went on two dates with a guy a while back (online dating...woo.) and found out he had me in his phone as 'big t*ts' instead of my name. He couldn't remember my name, even though it would have taken 5 seconds to look up our email exchange and figure it out. I guess that was too much of an issue.

I was taunted from the time I was 11 or so... and it never stopped. I actually dropped out of high school and went to an alternate educations school because it got so bad. I figured that as I got older it would get better... to a certain point it has, but men can be very cruel.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:56 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I was taunted from the time I was 11 or so... and it never stopped. I actually dropped out of high school and went to an alternate educations school because it got so bad. I figured that as I got older it would get better... to a certain point it has, but men can be very cruel.
Aww... we love you, J!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post

If you heard all the stories JetJockey has - you'd understand a bit better. Really, I just want to give her a great big hug.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,750,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If you heard all the stories JetJockey has - you'd understand a bit better. Really, I just want to give her a great big hug.

well JJ is one of the few on here who can get away with 'complaining' about her experiences. LOL.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well JJ is one of the few on here who can get away with 'complaining' about her experiences. LOL.
I'd give you a great big hug, too, just so you know. I think a lot of people on here could use one.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:53 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,750,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'd give you a great big hug, too, just so you know. I think a lot of people on here could use one.

I wasn't trying to undercut any of her experiences at all (which seem to be horrendous and Lord knows why she even bothers anymore) but just sayin' she can basically talk about them openly. and lets settle for a handshake, i don't like people touching me. LOL. You're free to touch all these other people though

Old 08-01-2012, 05:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I wasn't trying to undercut any of her experiences at all (which seem to be horrendous and Lord knows why she even bothers anymore) but just sayin' she can basically talk about them openly. and lets settle for a handshake, i don't like people touching me. LOL. You're free to touch all these other people though

This is the only place I can talk about my issues openly. My friends think I'm just a happy, shiny single person without a care in the world. I guess that's how I come across IRL...though I do have one friend who went through a similar experience (we met while working at a shop in our late teens, the shop where the men were absolutely HORRIBLE to women) and we talk about it here and there.

I would totally give you a hug, whether you liked it or not!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships