Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 11:41 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I sent a text joking around to this girl and asked her did she want to come over and have a "safe adult fun" encounter because I had not heard from her and didn't expect her to respond. So she responded and said yes and she offered to come over but it was 2am in the morning. I was looking for a normal time visit at 6pm.

So was mad and hung up the phone because I didn't want late company and I'm not into the one night stand thing so it's clear by her actions she was hoping to have SEX and has just met me last week.

Am I the only guy in America who lives alone who doesn't like POP UP VISITS at 2am in the morning? So I guess I can DELETE the FREAK now

So don't joke about something like this if it is NOT clear you were joking, why the heck would you bother someone at 2:00am anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 11:41 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,276,692 times
Quote:
That's my new thing. If I feel a women is not interested and is avoiding me I will send a text requesting some kind of encounter.

In the past I would get mad and leave nasty messages but not anymore
Is that really the best you can do?

How about you straighten yourself up, clean your place, get a haircut and think about having actually developing something positive to offer a woman other than a sloppy early am booty call? Then you *might* attract a woman of quality.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:43 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,609,636 times
Happens all the time. I was at a party a couple of weekends ago, met an attractive woman and got her number. She called me two days later at first talking about wanting to take me out on a date, but by the end of the first phone call she told me she just wanted me to come over with a bottle of wine. A problem, lotsa guys wouldnt mind having.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,961,851 times
What if she was joking with you?
You could have said, "sure come over."

Either way, she wins. If you say come over and actually wait up, you might wait up all night and she never shows.
If you tell her it is too late, she still wins, cause she just "one-uped" you on your own game.

Next time, tell her to come over no matter what time it is. But don't wait up. Go to sleep. If she shows up, great! If she doesn't, you still got your sleep and you don't really care.

Hate to say it, but you got played (hate to say it, but it has happened to me)

She was probably messing with you back, except you don't know if she was serious or not.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,048,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Is that really the best you can do?

How about you straighten yourself up, clean your place, get a haircut and think about having actually developing something positive to offer a woman other than a sloppy early am booty call? Then you *might* attract a woman of quality.
See I go so long without having company that Im never ready when the opportunity comes. The last time I had company was February. Plus I didn't get a chance to tell her I don't have a sofa-LOL

So she just wanted to zoom over here so late and I had no chance to prepare

Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,276,692 times
Quote:
Yeah I should have been more clear. First of all she lives in another state and was going to drive to me which was a hour and then come here which meant she was expecting to spend the night

I knew for a fact i didn't want her to spend the night so it was no need to have her come over at 2am. That's a lot better than having her come over and asking her to leave at 4am

Snap out of it. I doubt it was worth a five minute stroll. She was probably joking.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So don't joke about something like this if it is NOT clear you were joking, why the heck would you bother someone at 2:00am anyway.
When I sent the message it was around 12am and she wouldn't have arrived here until 2am.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:46 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I'd think that's implied when you text her at 2 AM. I also think you're looking for reasons to "delete" her.
This is it. You can't wiggle out of this, Guy. You boxed yourself in, then blamed her.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,216,046 times
Quote:
Yeah I should have been more clear. First of all she lives in another state and was going to drive to me which was a hour and then come here which meant she was expecting to spend the night

I knew for a fact i didn't want her to spend the night so it was no need to have her come over at 2am. That's a lot better than having her come over and asking her to leave at 4am
So why not just ask her if she wants to come over another time? If she says 2 AM is the only time she'll come over, then you can probably delete her without any regrets.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
So why not just ask her if she wants to come over another time? If she says 2 AM is the only time she'll come over, then you can probably delete her without any regrets.

I actually forgot that if someone comes over at 2am, I don't have to turn on the lights. Just the TV light would be on

stupid me

DAMM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships