Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:28 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,372,832 times

Advertisements

I don't even know where to start.

Her = K

So me and K went to Jr high school together and lost touch once we graduated in 2001. We reconnected in early 2013 over Facebook. We chatted for a few weeks & decided to go on a date soon after..4 dates later, we're a couple! Things go sour because she kept thinking I was doing things behind her back with other women(I wasn't). After the 3rd argument, I decided to end things. This was October of 2013.

Fast forward to June of 2014, we reconnect again. She initiated contact over Facebook. Couple convo's later she tells me that she got engaged in December, but she wasn't happy and missed what we had. My gut told me to leave her alone, but I ended up seeing her again. This was a huge red flag but I was thinking with my dick rather than my brain. Around July, she broke things off with her fiance & we started to go on dates again. I told her that the first go around was rushed & I really wanted to things to work between us, so we should wait before making things official again.

With my work & school schedule & her crazy work schedule, we rarely got to see each other. Maybe twice a month. From June of 2014 to now, we only seen each other a handful of times. Although we didn't see each other much, I was faithful to her & I assumed she was faithful to me. We even talked about children & all that weird stuff couples talk about.

A week ago, she told me she was having issues at home & her mother was close to kicking her out. She told me she was planning to stay with a female coworker until she could save up for a deposit on a new place.

Today, she dropped the ultimate bomb on me. She sent me a text saying that her ex fiance was back around & that she was going to marry him and leave to Florida. She told me that she loved me to death, but she had to do this to get her life in order.

I was lost and confused last night. My stomach was in a knot & my mind was all over the place. I then realized that I made mistakes dealing with her then and an even bigger mistake dating her again after her failed engagement.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 11:59 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,232,508 times
Yep, you're right.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,405,542 times
i'm guessing u have some feelings for her otherwise u wouldnt come to a message board to proclaim how u dodged a bullet, it would be a done deal. I wouldnt declare myself a couple after 4 dates, i guess its different if u know them before hand but feel like thats way too early to fully get to know someone.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:28 PM

102,293 posts, read 108,372,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post

A week ago, she told me she was having issues at home & her mother was close to kicking her out. She told me she was planning to stay with a female coworker until she could save up for a deposit on a new place.

Today, she dropped the ultimate bomb on me. She sent me a text saying that her ex fiance was back around & that she was going to marry him and leave to Florida. She told me that she loved me to death, but she had to do this to get her life in order.
My take: she was having problems at home. (Why would her mom kick her out, do you know?) She didn't have anyplace to live except with a co-worker (strange, but whatever). Her ex came back into the picture, which presented an easy out from the home situation, a free place to live, etc. She grabbed it, even though she's not that into the guy, and loves you.

It won't work out long-term, but she was in a state of emergency, so she grabbed the first liferaft to float by.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:38 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,372,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
My take: she was having problems at home. (Why would her mom kick her out, do you know?) She didn't have anyplace to live except with a co-worker (strange, but whatever). Her ex came back into the picture, which presented an easy out from the home situation, a free place to live, etc. She grabbed it, even though she's not that into the guy, and loves you.

It won't work out long-term, but she was in a state of emergency, so she grabbed the first liferaft to float by.
I thought this, too. This might well be the case, but she did disrespect me and what we had. That's not something I can forgive or ever forget. I wished her the best and blocked her number.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:54 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,124,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Most likely.

OP's gonna get a phone call from FL within two years.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:57 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,876,422 times
Sorry that happened, man. She messed up, and will probably regret it, and you'll be long gone at that point. Definitely a lose-lose-lose situation--all three people involved are losing. Bummer.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:31 PM

2,826 posts, read 4,003,638 times
Sorry bro, you'll be ok though.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:54 PM

15,079 posts, read 10,155,452 times
That is messed up.... oh well move on. She is running away from something...

You will be just fine... still young and a lot of others to check out

Old 05-01-2015, 12:32 AM

818 posts, read 919,927 times
Sounds like she is trying to manipulate you. I have to wonder if she is seeing the X or really getting married. She might be hoping you will rescue her from her evil mother and fiance that she really has doubts about.
Sounds like a real drama queen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships