Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,941,144 times

Advertisements

Dump her. No one should get married who are already having sex problems, it will only get worse. Before you're married, you should be jumping your woman like a monkey on a cupcake. She's probably getting it somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 11:33 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,666,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Good point - if sex is the only objective- then it is s turn off. Get that old tune by Ottis Redding TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS....Have a listen- then go old school and get an Etta James CD---turn the lights down and learn to slow dance--- be tender...love her--- touch her with care...hold her hand.......and cool that horny toad thing a bit- sounds like physically you want to re-populate the planet...Must be great to have that drive- now that you have that- get some romance going..........What's the rush - If she had sex with you one- it will come again...but not if you act like a horny little dog ---lol...
Exactly. And she would be wise to help him out by keeping herself attractive and sexy to him.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,282,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiMiTz3 View Post
I've been dating my girlfriend for 2 and a half years now. Almost everything is great between us and we want the same things in life but we have huge differences in our sex drive. If it was up to me we would have sex just about every time that we see each other but lately we only have sex once every 3 or 4 months, causing plenty of arguments in our relationship. I keep telling her how important it is for a healthy relationship but every time we have an opportunity to she has a different excuse. (She's not in the mood, she feels uncomfortable, she doesn't want to in a specific location, etc.) She's a very beautiful girl but has very low self esteem and I think that this may be a reason. I truly do love her but it's gotten to the point that were constantly arguing and makes me feel like that she wants nothing to do with me physically. We're 23 years old and I feel like this is something that happens at age 50, not 23. Do I end the relationship and possibly miss out on a great future together or stick it out and be sexually frustrated? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
She's just not that into you. Nothing wrong with being friends though.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:36 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,387,837 times
Sex every chance you get vs. sex every 3 or 4 months... I'm not sure if there's any middle ground here. The possibilities are that 1) she's not attracted to you any more; 2) you're bad at it, 3) she just naturally has a low sex drive, 4) the pills are messing around with her sex drive or 5) her hang-ups are messing around with her sex drive. 2, 4 and 5 can be fixed, but the rest, not so much. If it's 1 or 3, you need to end it amicably.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:43 AM

885 posts, read 1,882,771 times
6) She's sleeping with someone else..

Old 08-01-2012, 04:50 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,268,624 times
Quote:
I've been dating my girlfriend for 2 and a half years now. Almost everything is great between us and we want the same things in life but we have huge differences in our sex drive. If it was up to me we would have sex just about every time that we see each other but lately we only have sex once every 3 or 4 months, causing plenty of arguments in our relationship. I keep telling her how important it is for a healthy relationship but every time we have an opportunity to she has a different excuse. (She's not in the mood, she feels uncomfortable, she doesn't want to in a specific location, etc.) She's a very beautiful girl but has very low self esteem and I think that this may be a reason. I truly do love her but it's gotten to the point that were constantly arguing and makes me feel like that she wants nothing to do with me physically. We're 23 years old and I feel like this is something that happens at age 50, not 23. Do I end the relationship and possibly miss out on a great future together or stick it out and be sexually frustrated? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Your girlfriend sounds like a very private sort of lady so don't let her know that you came on here for advice...that's a start. I don't think that you should give up on your relationship with her; not just yet. Have a serious talk with her and see if you can find out what is bothering her. It could be as simple as your sex drives being a bit different and I am sure that can be worked out. If it is her self esteem like you think, then you can do things to build her up but it is going to be up to her to maintain her self esteem. No one can do it for her.
Take her out somewhere for a nice dinner. When you get home, a little wine and some conversation about what is bothering her. No arguing, just listen to what is on her mind. Sometimes women think that men just want the sex part of a relationship and it can be frustrating if you don't make it clear to her that you love ALL aspects of being with her not just the sex. Good luck, go easy and LISTEN!!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:12 AM

640 posts, read 718,137 times
A bunch of folks are gonna conjecture on a bunch of reasons for the situation...bottom line: do you want to live, longterm, a sexless existence? Retreat and regroup...DD...beat it...get out...the only thing that can happen at this point is that you get into a cycle of desperately trying to prove your worthy affection and sensitivity...

Old 08-01-2012, 05:20 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,037,064 times
Early 20's and not wanting sex...something is wrong. Either she has past sex abuse issues, she's sleeping with someone else, or you are not good in bed. She needs to let you know what the issue is because that is not normal.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:24 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,387,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
Early 20's and not wanting sex...something is wrong. Either she has past sex abuse issues, she's sleeping with someone else, or you are not good in bed. She needs to let you know what the issue is because that is not normal.
Not necessarily. Some people just have low sex drives. Everyone's biology is different.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:44 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,679,793 times
Quote:

Talk to her about how you feel on this subject. Let her know how beautiful she is, and how important it is for you to get your p00n, more than once every 3 or 4 months. Give her a chance to talk to you, and find out whats the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships