Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 02:21 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times

Advertisements

any girl that has the book "the rules" please burn it and throw it away.. Most of the garbage in there is not true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 02:30 PM

144 posts, read 201,114 times
I make my own rules soo.. it does not work though

Having said that I just laugh at those rule/system books for dating. Can't you make your own mind/decisions for yourself?

Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I try not to follow rules but after a date I like the guy to follow up later that night or the next day. I've wasted time with guys who showed only half assed interest and I like to be sure that the guy really is interested. If/when he does follow up I always answer the phone or text back pretty fast assuming I'm interested as well. After a few dates, then I'm fine contacting him or asking him to do things first.
Hmm, so even though I (the guy) pays for the date, plans it, and her and I appear to have a good time, you are saying in that situation that you still expect the guy to contact you first?
I never thought of it that way.
And I definately never thought that I would be half interested if I didn't contact her for a few days, especially considering I planned, payed for, and entertained.
I will keep that in mind. I guess the tough part is tying to determine how soon is too soon, and FOR ME, more than anything, is how to make sure I don't get taken advantage of. That happened to me not long ago, and it REALLY sucked.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:24 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I texted her around 2pm, and just said "hi, looks like we won't be meeting up today."
How many of you that are just dating are on a schedule like this? I tend to think that if you are sincerely interested in someone, you will put in more effort and energy into seeing that person again. Or, has dating become THIS casual? Or is this more of a trend more exclusive to online dating?
i think you pretty much read it correctly 100%

i would suggest going forward to trust your gut more. you probably knew the real deal before the second date

it sucks but it's just the way it seems to be. i can't even fault people for it, because i noticed it both in others and myself. if you like someone you'll contact them more, and visa versa. i've seen it among non online daters too, and among both genders

once i realized this it stopped bothering me after a while. so it might get less frustrating for you

Old 08-08-2012, 11:29 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Hmm, so even though I (the guy) pays for the date, plans it, and her and I appear to have a good time, you are saying in that situation that you still expect the guy to contact you first?
I never thought of it that way.
And I definately never thought that I would be half interested if I didn't contact her for a few days, especially considering I planned, payed for, and entertained.
I will keep that in mind. I guess the tough part is tying to determine how soon is too soon, and FOR ME, more than anything, is how to make sure I don't get taken advantage of. That happened to me not long ago, and it REALLY sucked.
hmm... this i don't agree with so much

if you like someone why overthink who contacts who first. just contact her (after waiting some nominal amount of time so it's clear you're not needy or psycho)

i think if you had liked the girl in the OP more you would have contacted her sooner. it's not just a one way street

if you do go on a date with a girl and really like her a lot, for the love of god please don't wait 4 days or some such nonsense to contact her after

as far as who pays, it's just not worth getting worked up over

Old 08-08-2012, 11:46 PM

640 posts, read 717,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post

i would suggest going forward to trust your gut more. you probably knew the real deal before the second date
Yeah, go with instinct...I go on more first dates than anyone I know...and fewer second dates...why waste time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships