Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:44 PM

640 posts, read 717,786 times

Advertisements

Thanks Ruth but people can't be "very" or "sorta" or "kinda" unique...

"Unique" is a binary condition and advice like yours implies that guys are ultimately interchangeable...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 01:56 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I seem to only attract losers.
I don't care how old you are, how great you think you are, and what your situation is. If all you attract are people you consider to be losers, the problem is yours. Either you have lousy judgment or you expect entirely too much of those in your dating pool. Given what everyone else has said in this thread, you expect too much.

Me, I never lived at home again once I hit 19. However, I also went to college away from home, and so I dated students. You will, too, if you lose the immature "everyone who isn't like me is a loser" attitude. But to expect them to be living on their own and working and going to school with no help from their parents in this day and age, where it costs tens of thousands of dollars per year to attend, is absolutely ludicrous. It's just not reality for many, many people, well into their 20s these days, unfortunately. That's our current economy for you. It's much different than when I was in school, in the '80s.

If you're as wise and intelligent as you seem to think you are, you will use your college years to study more than books, and you will get an education about the world, the different types of people in it, what they have to offer, and what is important.

Start by learning that those who are less fortunate than you are not losers, and by learning not to be so nastily, petulantly judgmental. Really, the whole "loser" rant makes you sound like you're 14, not 18.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:07 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I seem to only attract losers.

I'm 18. I graduated high school early. I have a car, a job, and I'll be starting school soon. I also have my own place.

The only guys ever interested in me are 20-somethings who live at home, have no car, no job, and don't go to school.

The only non-loser who's ever talked to me isn't even interested in dating, lol. Ouch.

So where are decent guys at?

Apparently, you wouldn't recognize one if you saw one

They are actually all around you.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:01 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
To win, you have to accept losing.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:07 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post
Thanks Ruth but people can't be "very" or "sorta" or "kinda" unique...

"Unique" is a binary condition and advice like yours implies that guys are ultimately interchangeable...
I didn't post anything about being unique. Must have been someone else's post.

The previous advice works great for a lot of college students. It may only be part of the equation here, but it's definitely part of the package for successful socializing.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Apparently, you wouldn't recognize one if you saw one

They are actually all around you.
Maybe she means the only ones who approach her are losers. So she needs to do some approaching herself. And to put herself in situations where she can get to know people first, before making a move.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
18 and already complaining about dating lol.

too young to complain already.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:33 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
When you enter College/University you will find many available non-loser guys, but you should focus on your studies.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
When you enter College/University you will find many available non-loser guys, but you should focus on your studies.
I agree. The academic crowd has a higher percentage of non-losers than the random population. But college isn't all about dating. It's about getting a degree, hopefully one that will lead to a decent career. Plus the OP will also be working, if I understood her posts correctly. Dating can also be too big a distraction in college if falling in love gets involved, especially if a painful break-up happens. It can really sabotage your studies. To succeed in college, it's important to prioritize. I hope the OP can give us occasional updates once she starts college. Contrary to popular belief, it's not one huge party, and a big dating social whirl. I hope you find the academic side rewarding, OP. Stay in touch. Take care.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:02 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
I stayed at home as long as was reasonable. Must be why instead of paying rent, I was able to retire debt and accumulate assets to the point that I pretty much pay cash for what ever is I want. What is your plan to avoid college debt peonage? You ought to think twice about the only baby boomers that are your allies because I assure you most of the others are your economic enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships