Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:39 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You have know idea. Maybe getting their windshields smashed in and clothes tossed out on the sidewalk and lit on fire will slap some sense into them.
Oh I do have an idea. Sometimes it takes alot for them to see the light, sometimes they never do. Its been my indirect experience that many of these women are bipolar and on various medications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 12:42 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Zentropa the type of chicks you describe still have rights in society's eyes unless they pull a Britney Spears and lose custodianship of their lives.... Oftentimes they are functioning in some capacity and holding down jobs etc....

Everyone gets alittle crazy at times.

This thread sucks
I agree, they have rights and free will. My question is whether it is OK to pursue someone for sex who you know has questionable judgement because of emotional instability. It was intended to be a more subtle question than "would you bang a mentally retarded person."

Old 08-14-2012, 12:45 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Zentropa, you are backtracking and its pretty obvious. Read the title of your thread and the OP and admit to it. You are talking about women with actual mental disorders and illnese, being abused by men for sex. Thats a BS topic and a BS thread. I dont appreciate it in the least.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:51 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I refer to threads in which men extol the pleasures of sex with a "crazy" woman.
It's always immoral to exploit (sexually, or otherwise) an individual who is mentally or psychologically incapacitated to the degree that they are unable to make rational decisions. All US states have "vulnerable adult" statutes which also make it illegal.

In casual conversations, such as those on these forums, the term "crazy" is almost always used in reference to someone whose behavior is unorthodox, rude, rebellious, rash, violent, unexpected, (pick your adjective). These behaviors have more to do with general personality traits; than they do with clinical definitions of psychological diseases, mental illnesses, or mental capacities.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:53 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
There have been several threads and posts on this board about how "crazy" girls are more desirable sex partners (although I have never seen any convincing explanation as to what they do that is demonstrably different than a mentally healthy woman with a decent sex drive).

That being said, I wonder how common it is for men to pursue women they understand in advance to be mentally or emotionally unstable for purely sexual purposes. Or men to stay in relationships with these women when there is no interest on his part other than sex.

Is this an OK thing to do, or is it a form of exploitation of psychologically impaired people?

Debate among yourselves.
Not nice at all leading someone on, And in many cases this comes back to bite the men real hard.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:54 PM

Yet, there is the generalization that, as Skydive Oulaw memorably put it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Crazy in the head. . . . means crazy in the bed.

Is there any truth to it? And is this something that appeals to a cohort of men?

Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
there was a period of about ten months during which i took zoloft. i also had a GF at the time

i never realized that i had been ruthlessly exploited for my hot wang

probably i should find a support group
Not the same thing

First of all, most people who are on Zoloft are on it for anxiety, not mental illness.

And second of all, if a person is on medication they are usually stablized - the OP was asking about UNSTABLE mentally ill people.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:00 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Lol at "very low self esteem", that doesn't count. At least not for being "mentally unstable"

LMAO at comparing women who have ACTUAL mental illnesses to women who just have Low self esteem

Old 08-14-2012, 01:11 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Quote:
I agree, they have rights and free will. My question is whether it is OK to pursue someone for sex who you know has questionable judgement because of emotional instability. It was intended to be a more subtle question than "would you bang a mentally retarded person."
I think you're a bit strange... Well a lot...

Taking advantage of a Person with MR/DD is never right. And to ask if it's ok - Well... Why would anyone say - Yes to that answer?

Unless you truly love the person for what and who they are, Then NO it's truly and utterly wrong. Many do not know any better.

This is my line of work and I deal with MR/DD daily. They are people too and have feelings and emotions. And taking advantage of them, is wrong, wrong, wrong in all aspects...

Old 08-14-2012, 01:16 PM

So do some not consider very low self esteem an emotional impairment that can make women vulnerable? This is a great issue for debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships