Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 04:51 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
please tell me there is an option somewhere in the middle!

haha
Have your middle pal. I'll be more than happy to take Queen Latifah off of your hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 05:46 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Im not understanding, please explain.

I think it boils down to what you were taught. Alot of men were taught to approach the woman, take her out on a date, pay for the date, send flowers etc...Until you realise that doesnt work in 2012. I stepped back and watched men who were successful with woman. The ones that were sort of jerks to woman.
Not jerks but strong and assertive. Don't let your mom teach you how to deal with women. Lol

Old 08-16-2012, 05:50 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Not jerks but strong and assertive. Don't let your mom teach you how to deal with women. Lol
Your right. Shes the one who gave me that advice.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:27 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
I think it boils down to what you were taught. Alot of men were taught to approach the woman, take her out on a date, pay for the date, send flowers etc...Until you realise that doesnt work in 2012. I stepped back and watched men who were successful with woman. The ones that were sort of jerks to woman.
Not all women are socially-Darwinian like that, though...if a woman treats me like that (i.e., expects me to be crass and crude and aggressive to her, to make her admire or be impressed with me), then I can assure you, *I* do not want *her*, or anything to do with her!

The old-school approach of flowers, sensitivity, gentleman-liness, and kindness can still work with the nicer, more caring gals (who are also the only ones I am romantically interested in)...admittedly, they can just be a lil harder to find, these days...

Old 08-16-2012, 06:38 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Try it. You'd be surprised how well it works. One time i met this girl and i took the usual route being nice, buying drinks etc...It wasnt going anywhere so i decided on being rude & a jerk. That seemed to work, she started showing more cooperation.

DISCLAIMER: This does not work on all women.
Yea, it don't work on black women. You got to sweet talk the black women.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:44 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I haven't read all the replies but wanted to chime in on this. I tried Match and when my subscription expired, I did not renew it. I inactivated my account but did not delete it. Match keeps inactive profiles on file for a year in case you change your mind.

About a month after my account went inactive, I got a message that someone winked at me. I thought that was odd since my understanding was the general assumption is if you haven't been active on the site in 3+ weeks, you probably aren't on it anymore. I had my friend log in to her account because I was curious about who sent the wink and while we were at it did a search for my age and zip code. My profile showed I had been active within 24 hours. Another two weeks later, I got a message someone e-mailed me. Again, despite having not logged in for over a month, I showed as active within 24 hours.

So I wouldn't be surprised if some of the women you are not hearing back from who show as active users really aren't.
This is interesting. I'm not surprised to hear something like this going on. I recently heard about a lawsuit that got dismissed against match because "half" of their "millions" of users are inactive or fake accounts and they used wording in their user agreement to beat the suit.

Match.com wins dismissal of lawsuit by online daters - Technology & science - Security - NBCNews.com

Old 08-16-2012, 06:49 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
It's thinking like this that gets men in trouble every time, because this is when you end up thinking with the wrong head.

It's not a basic human need, let's not get it twisted. It's a want. The only thing we technically need sex for is to reproduce. Otherwise, it's a want. The minute you start thinking you need sex, you have already lost.

Do I need sex? No. I'm not going to die without it like I would with food and water. Bad analogy there, buddy.
You're so wrong it's not even funny. I don't have time to sit here and school you.

Go read: The Function of the Orgasm

The Function of the Orgasm: Sex-Economic Problems of Biological Energy: Wilhelm Reich, Vincent R. Carfagno, Mary Higgins: 9780671822620: Amazon.com: Books

"In this seminal work Reich asks a number of basic questions related to the role of the orgasm in humans, such as:

If human females can be forced into sexual congress by the more dominant male (he was writing a long time ago :-) ) then why does nature bother to endow women with an orgasm?

If human females can only have a maximum of say 20 offspring over their reproductive life, why does nature endow women with cravings for sexual congress that can lead to thousands of orgasms over a woman's life? What is the physical nature of human sexuality that leads to psychosis when it is not given free reign (ie Freud pointed out that a lack of sex leads to madness and WR asks, if that is true (which he accepted) what is the mechanism which brings that about.

WR concluded that the orgasm in both the male and female of the species has a role that is far more meaningful and important to our well being than a mere pleasure principle working us towards reproduction. In short, he argues that the orgasm helps balance us and restore our sanity when the knocks and disappointments of everyday life threaten to unbalance us. It is a bit like a bar magnet. When it is in its most pure state, the atoms of the magnet are perfectly polarised (our lives are in balance) when it is subject to hammer blows, the magnet loses its perfect polarity and its power (the nitty-gritty wears us down and saps our life energy). Remagnetizing the bar magnet (orgasm's job in us) restores that polarity and our natural sense of well-being
"

Old 08-16-2012, 06:55 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
So your stance is that if we do not have sex we will become psychotic?

THAT explains a lot of the posts around here.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:03 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So your stance is that if we do not have sex we will become psychotic?

THAT explains a lot of the posts around here.
I ust be psycho since I haven't had sex in a loong time!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:41 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,796 times
Then care to explain that to the women who can't orgasm?

Getting back on topic, meeting people off dating sites is no more a crap shoot than meeting in person. The only difference is online you have an idea what people are looking for and can weed out the unwanted a lot easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships