Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 12:24 PM

56 posts, read 48,880 times

Advertisements

Well I can assume that you guys have read the title which explains what this topic all is about.
A lot of guys at CD seem quite negative with negative threads ( says me :P since this thread can be seen as negative or explanatory.) such as Women would rather have a Chris Brown then a nice guy or one of the other I am nice guy why don't women like me QQ threads. So has it ever crossed your minds to ever change yourself in terms of attitude and/or physical appearance, because kind attracts kind. If you happen to be 'ugly' then you will have to compensate for it. In such a manner that you have more muscle mass, better clothes and/or attitude. Why should these women ( Idk on what kind of women you guys fall, but if I could make an educated guess then that would be 'hot' super models with who are highly intelligent as well) 'digg' you guys if you have nothing to compensate for. I bet that you guys wouldn't like to underdate an 'ugly' girl unless she had tons of money lying in her bank account. So If I were you guys then I should be either content with what you get or just change yourself. If you truly have the motivation to get that girl then it shouldn't be that hard to make the needed changes. Such as going to the gym or getting new clothes or try to get out some more or something else that is needed. I know that it isn't easy, but if you have the motivation then you should be able to do it. Right now I am going to the gym to work-out myself, dressing better (more 'chic' clothes) ,because I really want to change myself. Just don't be like those sad guys that you find on dating sites, who expect more than they truly deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,726,363 times
Didn't we have one of these "I know better than you guys" threads last week?

Old 08-17-2012, 12:39 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
If a man is in a happy relationship he will be spending time with his girl. not so much on a relationships forum. I overall disagree with your post. It's not always the guy's fault. There are social forces that do exist that make it tough for many decent men to attract women.

The Chris Brown example is perfectly valid. I could totally understand why a single man who can't meet women would be upset that whatever qualities he has are considered worse than a man who beats women to a pulp. In a healthy culture, all women would absolulely loathe abusive males,celebrity or not.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:03 PM

331 posts, read 603,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizoku View Post
Well I can assume that you guys have read the title which explains what this topic all is about.
A lot of guys at CD seem quite negative with negative threads ( says me :P since this thread can be seen as negative or explanatory.) such as Women would rather have a Chris Brown then a nice guy or one of the other I am nice guy why don't women like me QQ threads. So has it ever crossed your minds to ever change yourself in terms of attitude and/or physical appearance, because kind attracts kind. If you happen to be 'ugly' then you will have to compensate for it. In such a manner that you have more muscle mass, better clothes and/or attitude. Why should these women ( Idk on what kind of women you guys fall, but if I could make an educated guess then that would be 'hot' super models with who are highly intelligent as well) 'digg' you guys if you have nothing to compensate for. I bet that you guys wouldn't like to underdate an 'ugly' girl unless she had tons of money lying in her bank account. So If I were you guys then I should be either content with what you get or just change yourself. If you truly have the motivation to get that girl then it shouldn't be that hard to make the needed changes. Such as going to the gym or getting new clothes or try to get out some more or something else that is needed. I know that it isn't easy, but if you have the motivation then you should be able to do it. Right now I am going to the gym to work-out myself, dressing better (more 'chic' clothes) ,because I really want to change myself. Just don't be like those sad guys that you find on dating sites, who expect more than they truly deserve.

^^^^ Agreed!!

Old 08-17-2012, 01:06 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,354,246 times
Reinventing yourself is fun. The reason to work out is so that you feel better health-wise. If you want to look good, great, but do it for yourself. I think location is a big factor for meeting a good woman, in addition to it being a numbers game and you need to maximize your exposure, so to speak. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with us men.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:22 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,549,801 times
Speak for yourselves. I've been a decent chap all my life. I've never taken advantage of anyone, live a fairly clean life, give generously to those less fortunate (although I'm a pauper) with both time & money.

I mean, in general, men are pigs but not all of spend our time rolling in the slop.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:30 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
Often times, it's easier for men and women who have been rejected to blame the rejecter rather than taking a look inward and asking themselves if there is something they can be doing differently.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Speak for yourselves. I've been a decent chap all my life. I've never taken advantage of anyone, live a fairly clean life, give generously to those less fortunate (although I'm a pauper) with both time & money.

I mean, in general, men are pigs but not all of spend our time rolling in the slop.
Could you please read my post again. I meant the guys who keep whining, about the fact that women pick the 'badboys'. There is an easy reason for it. A lot of 'nice' guys are just doormats and/or just don't try their hardest for a woman in terms of hygiene, wearing better clothes and ect. Who said that you can't be a decent chap and look like these 'badboys'.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
If a man is in a happy relationship he will be spending time with his girl. not so much on a relationships forum. I overall disagree with your post. It's not always the guy's fault. There are social forces that do exist that make it tough for many decent men to attract women.

The Chris Brown example is perfectly valid. I could totally understand why a single man who can't meet women would be upset that whatever qualities he has are considered worse than a man who beats women to a pulp. In a healthy culture, all women would absolulely loathe abusive males,celebrity or not.
Well Chris Brown has a better looking body than most men, he has better hygiene, he had a better attitude (confidence for example) than most man. The women who like to be abused are just a tad crazy in my opinion. Just like those women who adore serial killers.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Didn't we have one of these "I know better than you guys" threads last week?
This thread isn't by all means meant to be a 'I know better than you guys'. It is meant to be a 'hey guys you have change yourself if you keep doing something wrong instead of blaming your problems on someone else, because there are a lot of decent women out there' thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships