Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:57 PM

26 posts, read 67,335 times

Advertisements

6'3 166, 20yo here, pretty athletic small frame build i play soccer n surf... I just got back from France n spain on vacation (MAD FUN!!) and pretty much felt comfortable all over the place since everyone there is skinny like me. Now I'm back in the states and i see a bunch of walking meat heads everywhere so I'm thinking of becoming one as well to please the ladies

I've tried eating 4000 calories a day but that doesn't help at all

I've also tried the mcdonalds diet, like going there for bfeast lunch dinner etc.. didn't work i still woke up the next morning with literally no stomach fat whatsoever...

so yeah in terms of relationships (since i gotta be on topic and all) i gotta say that being this skinny in this country is pretty much a disadvantage since it seems to me like everyone goes to the gym and lifts weights and does all that ****.. like trying to imitate american football players

so my questions is do women like tall skinny men in this country or is it better to adapt to increase your chances?

first post btw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 11:07 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Look for women who don't care about stuff like that and are more interested in your personality. I've seen tall skinny guys be Mr. Popular just because they were funny, and they were nice guys. There are all kinds of women out there, with all kinds of preferences. What else are you going to do, use anabolic steroids? Accept yourself the way you are, and look for girls who look beyond the superficial. Your body is still changing, you may get some bulk naturally in the next few years, anyway.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:13 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,035 times
What?

Last edited by BioMechanical; 08-16-2012 at 11:41 PM..

Old 08-16-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Look for women who don't care about stuff like that and are more interested in your personality. I've seen tall skinny guys be Mr. Popular just because they were funny, and they were nice guys. There are all kinds of women out there, with all kinds of preferences. What else are you going to do, use anabolic steroids? Accept yourself the way you are, and look for girls who look beyond the superficial. Your body is still changing, you may get some bulk naturally in the next few years, anyway.
my body is still changing? ... what? I'm pretty sure you stop growing at 18 years old, and your body's metabolism only starts to slow down when you are 40yrs+..

i think from 18 to 40 I'm bound to stay like this if i don't work out

Old 08-16-2012, 11:29 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
No, you don't. Men get their growth spurt later than girls, and they can keep growing and maturing physically later than girls. For that matter, some girls don't fill out until their 20's. Everyone's hormones are on their own individual clock.

A guy like you posted a photo here a few months ago, and asked if he was good-looking. Most of the women said he was "cute", but that in another 10 years he'd be really good-looking, as he'd gain some weight/bulk. Since that sounds like a long time to wait, make the most of what you have now. Be friendly and outgoing. Talk to women and joke around, if you can manage it. Find groups with similar interests to you. Wear clothes that look more tailored, rather than oversized t-shirts that look like tents on you. A nice jacket and a good button-down shirt can look great on a guy like you. (May not be your style, but just saying...)

You can work out, but you won't bulk up much. I knew a guy in my teens who was desperate to bulk up. He was always talking about these protein formulas and the important ingredients, worked out, was fixated on the whole thing. I didn't notice it did anything for him, but a good gym instructor can probably help you. Working out can't hurt, but there are great women out there who won't care. Oh well. You know what you want, so, go for it.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:32 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,180,768 times
Eye Yi Yi Gentlemen, how many threads does it take to convince you that a woman will not date you based on physical descriptions alone. Even if I was dating a tall skinny guy right now, I still couldn't answer your question- I know nothing about you and I still don't know what you look like. You could be a pig that never bathes for all I know.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:37 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
I don't know exactly what that looks like but I'm sure you're fine. I've been skinny all my life too and I know that it makes you self-conscious. It's hard for some people to gain weight.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:11 AM

me

i need to shave and cut my hair big time lol

Old 08-17-2012, 12:24 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
You look fine.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:42 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,543 times
Dude, eat food. Hit the gym. Eat protein and stop making excuses. You can gain weight if you really want to. I made those same excuses, but when I hit the gym and ate food, I gained 30 lbs in 5 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships