Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 04:54 AM

56 posts, read 48,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Sorry to hear of the trouble OP. She was likely seeing him for a lot longer given he moved in. Sometimes all you can do is start over, and in this case care for your kids as this will no doubt be tough on them. You sound like. A stand up guy who wanted to take an opportunity to make a better quality of life for you and the family
Best of luck with everything and may this be a new chapter and start for you. All the best.
I agree with Scott. She probably had an affaire or knew him before that all happend. I still can not understsnd why someone would do that. I mean you were/are trying to improve the situation of your family, which results in a better future for you, your wife and your kids. I hope that you will work it out somehow, since you deserve muuuuchhh better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 04:58 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
Horror stories like this make me want to be single FOREVER. Sorry you are dealing with this man.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:57 AM

204 posts, read 389,020 times
Thanks everyone.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:11 PM

26 posts, read 67,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaq View Post
You would think, right? I'm telling you that I didn't see this coming. Like at all.
is she blonde?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfinAintEasy View Post
is she blonde?
No she is latina. And more than a little beautiful. She was probably out of my league from the start.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:20 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
I was in a similar situation. I had to pretend that I was really in the situation I was in, rather than the one wanted to be in. In reality, I was going through a divorce that I couldn't accept. So, I had to force myself to act like a single male who wanted some female company. It was hard at first and then it got easier as I became more successful at it. I never moved back to my old home, but I did regain the love of my children because I did truly love them. I eventually married a local girl and we are still together after 14 years, as of today. End of story.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:47 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I am sorry too but I suspect she was also seeing someone before you left.

Now.. We had a member here who was also latino and he had a similar situation. He was also devastated but he didn't push it and started dating others. It took a few months but all of a sudden she realized that what she really wanted was to be with him again. You now sometimes around 20 years we get complacent and don't realize that there were warning signs but you chose to ignore it. The romance is complacent and we get stuck in a rut.

Will it happen for you, maybe.. maybe not. The point is you need to get out and see other people. There are a lot of meetup groups for all kind of things. Some are for singles who meet for happy hour and then dinner, others go to clubs, others are for specific interest.

I also agree you need to have a face to face and then serve her with papers. Sometimes it helps when reality sets in

Good Luck.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:30 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I'm sorry this happened.

You have choices. You can become bitter or find a way to see this as a gift. A DO-OVER. Or at least as close as you will ever come to getting one. And you live in Vegas! Me too. I can't think of a better place to be to have a good time and enjoy your freedom.

It won't happen today or tomorrow, but eventually you will probably realize she did you a favor!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I'm sorry this happened.

You have choices. You can become bitter or find a way to see this as a gift. A DO-OVER. Or at least as close as you will ever come to getting one. And you live in Vegas! Me too. I can't think of a better place to be to have a good time and enjoy your freedom.

It won't happen today or tomorrow, but eventually you will probably realize she did you a favor!
Thanks yellowsnow. You are probably right, it's just hard to see it that way.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:21 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
If it is a no fault divorce state, it doesn't matter who cheated, she will still get half and could get alimony. Hopefully it is in a state where the time she gets it is limited. NC is 18 months max.

I suggest these things:

1) start a diet and exercise program, get back in shape
2) improve self image
3) find some hobbies and groups to enjoy them with (example - meetup group for hiking, pickup basketball group etc)
4) rediscover who you are

How old are the kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships