Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 04:09 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times

Advertisements

As the subject says: Have you ever had a FWB with someone, and it eventually turns into a monogomous LTR ?

If yes, how did it work out? Did you get married? Or did you realize it was a really bad idea cause it started as basically a physical thing which was fun, but outside of that there was not much to build on ?

I wonder if a FWB might be a good way to end up in a relationship. The physical part will most likely always be great, cause you started off concentrating on only that. Therefore, there is none of the "i don't want to scare/freak out my s/o because I am much more/less wild then them"
And, considering there will be no pressure, as being only friends and having fun, there isn't the "I don't know how compatible we are long term." You wont care about that.
Then, a month or two or three or however long the FWB lasts, you probably eventually add feeling for the other person (based off of another thread which mentioned if two people can give each other happy endings frequently, they will bond over that alone. I think the thread was titled something like "how important is the big 'O'? )

I am not asking hypothetically here, I am hoping for responses from people that actually engaged in FWB relations, and how it ended, if it ever ended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 04:10 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,311 times
Happens all the time. FWB rarely lasts for long. Either it ends or it gets more serious.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:25 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,912,001 times
I've never had a FWB turn into a serious LTR.

However, I did have a serious LTR turn into a FWB. And in that particular relationship, it worked out way better since the only reason we were even together in the LTR was because of sex.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:25 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Happens all the time. FWB rarely lasts for long. Either it ends or it gets more serious.
I dont mean "dating"

Old 08-23-2012, 05:21 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
I've never had this happen, but of course it does happen to others.

To me though, while a man can learn to love what his FWB provides he rarely falls IN love with her. No matter how cool she is(and she could be a good friend not just a random Bootycall) In the back of your mind there's always going to be the fact that shes giving him free no strings attached sex, and that's not a good trait for a potential GF or wife. I'd never advise a woman to thinking being his Bootycall will eventual promote you to GF status

Old 08-23-2012, 05:37 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
My husband and I had a relationship that was mainly physical at first and evolved into friendship and love later on. We didn't call it FWB though, I don't think that term or even the concept was popular then. We dated, but it was all based on physical attraction until we got to know each other better.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:44 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Nope. Most people compartmentalize these situations going in. I think it's about 90/10 - 90% failure rate (with maybe one party getting hurt on occasion) and 10% success rate (if that's what you want to call it ... LOL).

There's a reason they are called FWB and it's because they are "clinical."

Old 08-23-2012, 06:30 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
"FWB" usually means....to me, that one party is NOT interested in a LTR. Sometimes it is both. Every situation is different, so I don't see how that can be generalized.,

Old 08-23-2012, 06:44 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,247 times
I've never had a FWB turn into a serious LTR either. In my experiences, its start out fun but usually jealously takes over (from both parties) especially if you hang out in the same places.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:59 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,686,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
As the subject says: Have you ever had a FWB with someone, and it eventually turns into a monogomous LTR ?

If yes, how did it work out? Did you get married? Or did you realize it was a really bad idea cause it started as basically a physical thing which was fun, but outside of that there was not much to build on ?

I wonder if a FWB might be a good way to end up in a relationship. The physical part will most likely always be great, cause you started off concentrating on only that. Therefore, there is none of the "i don't want to scare/freak out my s/o because I am much more/less wild then them"
And, considering there will be no pressure, as being only friends and having fun, there isn't the "I don't know how compatible we are long term." You wont care about that.
Then, a month or two or three or however long the FWB lasts, you probably eventually add feeling for the other person (based off of another thread which mentioned if two people can give each other happy endings frequently, they will bond over that alone. I think the thread was titled something like "how important is the big 'O'? )

I am not asking hypothetically here, I am hoping for responses from people that actually engaged in FWB relations, and how it ended, if it ever ended.
Yes. Started out FWB on my part. Emphasis on the friend. We had a lot in common. He is a very patient man. It got more and more serious. It's still ongoing so I'll have to get back with you later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships