Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,226,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
I don't think this was necessary. Then again, wouldn't it be too easy for women if all of those loser-type guys out there just dropped dead because they won't be of use to you or society?
You're right I was out of line with that comment. I'm just saying what a lot of people want to tell the loser guys. Personally I think people would really like to say to guys like the OP. I actually have more to say on this thread but I'm stuck on my mobile right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 10:05 PM

102,259 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Where are all the threads for the guys who can't keep the women off of them?
Those guys would have no reason to be on a relationships forum.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,514,214 times
Most men probably get rejected more than they succeed. You may run into a women who's married, has a boyfriend, on vacation etc.. Those are all rejections but you have to keep moving forward believing in yourself. You also learn to play the percentages meaning if you talk to 10 women then you might get 2 to 3 phone numbers or dates.

Sometimes I go out I may get 3 numbers then I could go a month without getting another number but I still keep trying cause I believe in myself.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:16 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,516,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Do you think it is because you go for women who are Out of your League? Or do you just have trouble getting women, period?

I'm a decent looking guy, i work out a lot and am in good shape, but i'm no movie star or model. When i was younger, i used to go for very pretty women. I got shot down left and right, but i guess that is to be expected when you go for gorgeous women all the time.

These days, i go after average looking women, with less-than-perfect bodies. I don't even bother approaching the prettier-than-average women anymore. I still get shot down all the time, but it's not because the women i pursue are out of my league.

So what about the rest of you who get shot down a lot... do you have trouble getting the ladies because you go after above-average looking women? Or do you just have trouble with ladies regardless of their looks?
Who cares if you get rejected a lot. All it takes is one Yes. There is no league system.

How tall are you and what is your ethnicity?

Do you try to get to know them?

I get rejected over 1,000 a year, so what?

I am not even Caucasian nor I am over 6'0".

Old 08-28-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
There is no such thing as someone out of your league. As a guy, you should always go for the woman you find most attractive. If you think someone is out of your league or to good for you, it means you lack confidence and have major insecurities, which is a complete turn off and will make you fail with women, period. Approaching the most attractive woman in any environment, is a win win situation for guys, becasue it says that you value yourself and are confident. Even if she ends up rejecting you and you take it in stride, your chances with other women who are around are now much better, becasue you demonstrated that you think hihgly of yourself. It works like a charm.
That's right. Don't assume things. Go for every opportunity if you got the time and its fun.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:21 PM

102 posts, read 162,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascension2012 View Post
there is no such thing as someone out of your league. As a guy, you should always go for the woman you find most attractive. If you think someone is out of your league or to good for you, it means you lack confidence and have major insecurities, which is a complete turn off and will make you fail with women, period. Approaching the most attractive woman in any environment, is a win win situation for guys, becasue it says that you value yourself and are confident. Even if she ends up rejecting you and you take it in stride, your chances with other women who are around are now much better, becasue you demonstrated that you think hihgly of yourself. It works like a charm.
qft

Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
No offense, but that is total bull. Every girl is out of my league and I don't pretend like it ain't true. Some guys like myself are just undesirable to women and no matter what we do we will never get any girl.
It is guy's like you who will leave those girls for me

Old 08-30-2012, 03:06 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,609,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Do you think it is because you go for women who are Out of your League? Or do you just have trouble getting women, period?

I'm a decent looking guy, i work out a lot and am in good shape, but i'm no movie star or model. When i was younger, i used to go for very pretty women. I got shot down left and right, but i guess that is to be expected when you go for gorgeous women all the time.

These days, i go after average looking women, with less-than-perfect bodies. I don't even bother approaching the prettier-than-average women anymore. I still get shot down all the time, but it's not because the women i pursue are out of my league.

So what about the rest of you who get shot down a lot... do you have trouble getting the ladies because you go after above-average looking women? Or do you just have trouble with ladies regardless of their looks?
not that social, don't have many friends mainly due to High-Functioning Autism, Asperger Syndrome, so not many opportunities to meet new people

Old 06-16-2015, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,250 times
The most important part about picking up a woman is not giving a **** what she thinks or wants. Just be you be direct. No bull**** lines no compliments just say hi have a superficial conversation and ask her if she wants to get out the hell out of this ****ty bar.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:18 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,773,694 times
Most of acceptance and rejection upon approaching gals is out of your control guys, unless your being an obvious moron. Approach with i don't care attitude and don't place your value on acceptance or rejection. Understand that the first approach is much like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0vwo_TvFPQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships