Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:01 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,424 times

Advertisements

Ok, my friend and his wife have been married for eight years. They had their first child a year and a half after marriage. And three kids later. Well the first kid isn't his, I wasn't sure how he knew. He just said that he knew in teh back of his head this she wasn't his. I joked and said it is because the child is to cute to be his. And he was no it's not that, you idiot. I just had this feeling so I went out and got a paternity test done. The results were what I expected. When he found it out at first he didn't say anything. He loves all his children especially his daughter because he only has one. But that's the problem it isn't his. It belongs to some one else. So after a month of it bothering him he told his wife.
She was shocked and began to cry. She told him it was only a one night stand. Not even that because they had several bodiliy fluids exchanges in the course of like five hours. He(ex) wanted her to stay the night with him. But she didn't want to because she was afraid of what my friend would be thinking about her not returning all night long rather she believed it was less suspicious of her returning in the middle of the night. She returned home to him and felled asleep. My friend didn't even notice what time she had returned. Well after that experience she never saw her ex again but she was pregnate. With that mans child. She didn't know nor did he. He isn't thinking about leaving her. Even though I suggested that he should leave her. I told him that regardless of what she had done she did cheat on him and had the child of another man. But he believes that she won't ever see him again and that the child is his because he raised her.
Im upset because why would he stay with her and why would he have a blood test done if he loved his wife? I told him that he should because obviously there is no love between them even though they have had several children.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:38 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times
Stop encouraging him to leave his wife. He's obviously bonded with his daughter.

On the other hand, his wife sure makes the argument for all men to have paternity tests done at the birth of every child. I've told my nephews they should do that when they have theirs.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:57 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,039,006 times
Why does it bother you how another person lives their life? I'd say stay out of it and let him make his own decisions.

Whether by blood or not, this is his daughter. Leave it alone.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:12 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
This is one of those situations where the husband shouldn't have had the paternity test done. Now he's all upset - at least upset enough to talk about it! - and that could have been avoided. Not all truths need to be dug up or exposed to light.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:28 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
This is one of those situations where the husband shouldn't have had the paternity test done. Now he's all upset - at least upset enough to talk about it! - and that could have been avoided. Not all truths need to be dug up or exposed to light.
My thoughts exactly. I always wonder why people are so concerned about other people's decisions when it in no way affects them. He obviously loves this child and is way too attached now. Is this man a good father to this child?

I'm really sickened that she let this lie go on, she should have told him immediately, but she didn't and it's 8 years later, the only person hurt by exposing this is the kid. And the last thing this kid needs is a "baby daddy)

How was a paternity test done without the wife knowing? Doesn't that mean you have to take a blood test of the child also?

Old 05-25-2008, 12:36 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,784,973 times
Adoptive parents love their kids. This man loves his daughter (He raised her, it is his daughter). Breaking up the family is probably the worst thing your "friend" can do right now with regard to the kids.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:51 PM

19 posts, read 122,795 times
He loves her like his own. They have several other children. The wife burst into tears, obviously extremely upset about it. Your friend sounds like a good man, and it is a shame it happened. But leaving the family isn't going to make anything better, instead worse. The children will be without a father, raised alone by a mother, possibly a stepfather in the future that your friend may not get on with. How is that a good thing? Although it is obviously difficult for this man I think it is great that he has decided to stick with his family, not abandon them for one mistake his wife made eight years ago. Please stop telling him to leave her, it won't make anyone happy and it won't make anything 'right'.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:09 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,667,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
Ok, my friend and his wife have been married for eight years. They had their first child a year and a half after marriage. And three kids later. Well the first kid isn't his, I wasn't sure how he knew. He just said that he knew in teh back of his head this she wasn't his. I joked and said it is because the child is to cute to be his. And he was no it's not that, you idiot. I just had this feeling so I went out and got a paternity test done. The results were what I expected. When he found it out at first he didn't say anything. He loves all his children especially his daughter because he only has one. But that's the problem it isn't his. It belongs to some one else. So after a month of it bothering him he told his wife.
She was shocked and began to cry. She told him it was only a one night stand. Not even that because they had several bodiliy fluids exchanges in the course of like five hours. He(ex) wanted her to stay the night with him. But she didn't want to because she was afraid of what my friend would be thinking about her not returning all night long rather she believed it was less suspicious of her returning in the middle of the night. She returned home to him and felled asleep. My friend didn't even notice what time she had returned. Well after that experience she never saw her ex again but she was pregnate. With that mans child. She didn't know nor did he. He isn't thinking about leaving her. Even though I suggested that he should leave her. I told him that regardless of what she had done she did cheat on him and had the child of another man. But he believes that she won't ever see him again and that the child is his because he raised her.
Im upset because why would he stay with her and why would he have a blood test done if he loved his wife? I told him that he should because obviously there is no love between them even though they have had several children.
Sounds to me like you want this man for yourself.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
I've told my nephews they should do that when they have theirs.
Wow... what has this world come to... I would take the baby, leave, and not look back.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:08 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Adoptive parents love their kids. This man loves his daughter (He raised her, it is his daughter). Breaking up the family is probably the worst thing your "friend" can do right now with regard to the kids.
I know that he loves her. But still he isn't an adoptive parent. It was without his consent. and you would be ok with your wife being married to you; having the child of another man while she was suppose to have yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships