Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:57 PM

6 posts, read 6,574 times

Advertisements

Cheated on her with me, by the way. I was his mistress for over a year until he finally divorced her and married me. He always tells me I'm the love of his life, which is how I feel about him also.

And for those who may say "it will never work out-once a cheater, always a cheater", I'm here to just say that THAT typical response isn't always true. Married 6 blissful years and counting.

Just wanted to let you guys know that a cheater isn't always unfaithful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 08:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Staring at my Ass!! View Post
Cheated on her with me, by the way. I was his mistress for over a year until he finally divorced her and married me. He always tells me I'm the love of his life, which is how I feel about him also.

And for those who may say "it will never work out-once a cheater, always a cheater", I'm here to just say that THAT typical response isn't always true. Married 6 blissful years and counting.

Just wanted to let you guys know that a cheater isn't always unfaithful.

Gotta say, I agree. People don't like to hear it, but many a cheater is reformed when he meets the love of his life

Old 06-22-2011, 08:05 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times
Anyone who claims "once a cheater, always a cheater" is either bitter about the opposite sex or else they've been cheated on.

I never have believed it. People can and do change.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:10 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,506 times
While I also believe a "cheater" can end up with someone that is a better fit...there is no excuse for cheating. He could have ended the first relationship.
Those guilty of cheating sometimes try to use how "happy" they are as "proof" that what they did was ok........it wasn't.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:12 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Check back with us in ten years and let us know if you're still happy!!

Old 06-22-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
While I also believe a "cheater" can end up with someone that is a better fit...there is no excuse for cheating. He could have ended the first relationship.
Those guilty of cheating sometimes try to use how "happy" they are as "proof" that what they did was ok........it wasn't.

Agree with you on both counts...

Sometimes a better fit IS needed.

However, it's always better to end one relationship before embarking on another.

The problem is, some people are plodding along in their marriages - not happy, but "settled". They think, hey, there's no fireworks here anymore, but it could be worse so I'll make the best of it.

Then "BOOM", they meet that certain someone and it's like finding a pair of glasses when you didn't even know you needed them. You put those glasses on and the whole world suddenly looks different.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:16 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

However, it's always better to end one relationship before embarking on another.

The problem is, some people are plodding along in their marriages - not happy, but "settled". They think, hey, there's no fireworks here anymore, but it could be worse so I'll make the best of it.

Then "BOOM", they meet that certain someone and it's like finding a pair of glasses when you didn't even know you needed them. You put those glasses on and the whole world suddenly looks different.
It's trying on the glasses that gets you in trouble!!

Old 06-22-2011, 08:22 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,506 times
Quote:

I see your point...but having a mistress for a year isn't "boom".

Old 06-22-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
I see your point...but having a mistress for a year isn't "boom".
Completely agree that as soon as the "boom" happens people need to be forthcoming with their spouses. The behind the back stuff is just cruel.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:26 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Gotta say, I agree. People don't like to hear it, but many a cheater is reformed when he meets the love of his life

LM I agree with so many of your posts, and think you seem like a great person... except on these subjects we don't agree. While it may pertain some of time, I have to ask you...

Would you feel the same if your husband came home tonight and informed you he was leaving because he found the love of his life?

I know a lot marriages are rocky ones, but I've also known women who thought they had a great marriage (and vice versa), only to have their spouse one day tell they were quite wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships