Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:28 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Not to be so boring. I feel sorry for your husband.
Gross. Don't worry about my husband. Worry about your non-existent love life, your boring job, and your low IQ.

Quote:
If the hospice thought the hospice worker's job is as important as you picture it, hospice would pay. As a matter of fact most hospice workers are paid.
Again, says who? Hospice is historically comprised of volunteers. It's a volunteer based organization. How can you be so ignorant. You have to be trolling. I just cannot believe that anyone would say something so stupid about hospice. I suppose you think nuns and religious workers that are not paid are of no value to society either, right? The Dalia lama is of no value to society.

Quote:
I am rolling on the floor as I read this, you see, honey-bunny, in real-life the value of any service is not what you believe it is, but rather what society is willing to pay for it.
You may think that your service, your job is the most important in the world but it is up to the society to assign value for it and compensate you accordingly.
If there is no pay, obvioulsy from society's perspective what you do is not so important.
We're not discussing the monetary value of a service. We're discussing what has societal value. According to you the only thing that is valuable to society is money. And just because a volunteer is not paid does not mean the work has no value. The person who raises funds and runs the 5k run at the AIDS action event is not getting paid, but there is money going to the AIDS research. And all the other volunteers who are not raising funds or getting paid are still participating in this valuable work.

Quote:
I wasn't. I went to one of the best schoolsin the world and studies what I love to do. My job is not boring but most of the time I don't have that much to do anymore. You on the other hand sound like someone who was born boring. I feel sorry for your husband.
I don't believe you. I don't believe anyone with your grammar went to "one of the best school's in the world". The best pre-school, maybe? And you don't have much to do any more at your job. Sounds pretty useless. I'm sure you're good at being useless. And don't obsess over my husband. You cannot have him

Quote:
If he wanst neede service he would not get compensated...
When I drive to work every morning I always come to this set of lights and there are 4-5 pan-handlers that pretend to direct traffic. One of them is better at it than the others, so he takes the lead. People give him and the other guys money. Not much, but he's out there enough to know that he's making a living at it. But oh, it's a needed service because he's getting compensated. Yea, that makes sense.

Quote:
As opposed to you I do understand what value to society is. It is not based on your opinion YOU but on the opinion of society. If society finds your services needed you get compensated.
Right, that's why the concept of workplace redundancy doesn't exist. Oh wait, it does.

Quote:
No because your point is silly. The president of the United States, thats a government job. Do you think this job is less important that the job of college professor? Do you think it is fluff?
Really, the POTUS? That's all that comes to mind for you? You think every pork project and bridge to no where, nepotism based job in gov (local and state), etc constituted not only needed service, but societal value? Is that the stupidity you want to sell?

Quote:
"Attending to interests" Like a five years old you create fairy tales. What if the PhD sits at home doing nothing? Or maybe you want to claim that PhD are superhumans not suffering from depression, substance abuse or mental problems just like the rest of population?
Like a five years old? Ok. I think a PhD, or at least science PhDs, are not likely to be sitting at home on their asses. And now depression and drug use is entering the picture? I don't think they experience the same rates of depression and drug use as the GED population. Statistically, that's a fact actually. But, I know you don't let yourself get bogged down with rationality, so go ahead and ignore the truth. It's obviously your one and only talent.

Quote:
Who gives a cr*p if the PhD is an informed voter or takes interest in community. As unemployed is as useless as a GED holder. You can't pay your rent if you are unemployed. That's the bottom line here. My point is that education is only useful if you take advanatage of it.
It's not a goal by itself.
And I'm saying there are many ways to take advantage of an education. When going to school I think it's important to keep job prospects in mind, especially if you are paying for it or taking out loans to pay for it. Of course it should be a part of the picture, but there is also more to education than only obtaining a job. That's why students have the option of more than one major and it's quite doable if you 're not working an outside job. It's the purpose of a broad education. I had two majors and premed as an undergrad. As a chem major, which had very few gen-ed requirements, I would have never been introduced to a host of subjects that have proven useful in my life. For example, quite a few statistics classes, epidemiology, health politics, nutrition, patho. This stuff has actually turned out to be useful in my job. But, all of that course work also plays a role in how I feed my family, where I chose to live (when I was shopping for a home I knew how to locate pollution sources and levels in the various counties I was researching. I learned how in one of my classes). I know to test my soil before I start growing food. Physics I&II enabled me to pick up a book on electrical work and learn how to do my own wiring in my home. I learned how to access global epi information so I can be more aware of what's going on around the world past the tip of my nose, as well as basics about politics -(soft and hard monies, revolving door, gov officials moving in and out from agencies to private industry, etc), all of which makes me a more informed consumer and again voter. And yes, this stuff matters to our society, to the communities we live in, who we have for neighbors, who we raise our children with. There is a ton of stuff I'm not listing here, but it's all been very useful to me in life.

Becoming educated, which doesn't have to be formal to be clear, is more than entering a vo-tech program. Obviously, you didn't get more than that out of your education, although I don't get the feeling you had a technical major, so I'm not sure what your goals in school were.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 09-06-2012 at 11:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 11:56 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Gross. Don't worry about my husband. Worry about your non-existent love life, your boring job, and your low IQ.

Again, says who? Hospice is historically comprised of volunteers. It's a volunteer based organization. How can you be so ignorant. You have to be trolling. I just cannot believe that anyone would say something so stupid about hospice. I suppose you think nuns and religious workers that are not paid are of no value to society either, right? The Dalia lama is of no value to society.
Wow. I guess you haven't seen much in life. Not all hospices are affiliated with churches. There is plenty of private hospices with plenty of employed people...

Quote:
We're not discussing the monetary value of a service. We're discussing what has societal value.
And how do you measure this "societal value", genius? LOL
Value is measure with money.

Quote:
According to you the only thing that is valuable to society is money.
No honey-bunny. Money is a "place holder" for value. It represents value and is easily exchangeble. That's why we use it to represent value.

Quote:
And just because a volunteer is not paid does not mean the work has no value. The person who raises funds and runs the 5k run at the AIDS action event is not getting paid, but there is money going to the AIDS research. And all the other volunteers who are not raising funds or getting paid are still participating in this valuable work.
I can volunteer to straighten all leaves on the tree next door. Does it mean that my effort has any money? No.

Quote:
I don't believe you. I don't believe anyone with your grammar went to "one of the best school's in the world". The best pre-school, maybe?
One of the universities in the world, where they actually teach how to think and not just recite pages from the textbook.

Quote:
And you don't have much to do any more at your job. Sounds pretty useless.
Looking at my paycheck pretty critical LOL

Quote:
And don't obsess over my husband.
I don't think you have one, you are way to boring to get married.

Quote:
When I drive to work every morning I always come to this set of lights and there are 4-5 pan-handlers that pretend to direct traffic. One of them is better at it than the others, so he takes the lead. People give him and the other guys money. Not much, but he's out there enough to know that he's making a living at it. But oh, it's a needed service because he's getting compensated. Yea, that makes sense.
Although this is out of scope of this argument since they do not provide any service. in a way they do, they make people feel better about themselves.

Quote:
Right, that's why the concept of workplace redundancy doesn't exist. Oh wait, it does.
There is not much redundancy in any private enterprise. Efficiency is necessary for success.

Quote:
Really, the POTUS? That's all that comes to mind for you? You think every pork project and bridge to no where, nepotism based job in gov (local and state), etc constituted not only needed service, but societal value? Is that the stupidity you want to sell?
A lot of big words, nevertheless the president get paid more than average college professor, a PhD holder. Do you know why?

Quote:
Like a five years old? Ok. I think a PhD, or at least science PhDs, are not likely to be sitting at home on their asses. And now depression and drug use is entering the picture? I don't think they experience the same rates of depression and drug use as the GED population. Statistically, that's a fact actually.
Show me these stats proving that PhD suffer less often from depression and mental, substance abuse and mental illness than GED holders.

Quote:
And I'm saying there are many ways to take advantage of an education. When going to school I think it's important to keep job prospects in mind, especially if you are paying for it or taking out loans to pay for it. Of course it should be a part of the picture, but there is also more to education than only obtaining a job. That's why students have the option of more than one major and it's quite doable if you 're not working an outside job. It's the purpose of a broad education. I had two majors and premed as an undergrad. As a chem major, which had very few gen-ed requirements, I would have never been introduced to a host of subjects that have proven useful in my life. For example, quite a few statistics classes, epidemiology, health politics, nutrition, patho. This stuff has actually turned out to be useful in my job. But, all of that course work also plays a role in how I feed my family, where I chose to live (when I was shopping for a home I knew how to locate pollution sources and levels in the various counties I was researching. I learned how in one of my classes). I know to test my soil before I start growing food. Physics I&II enabled me to pick up a book on electrical work and learn how to do my own wiring in my home. I learned how to access global epi information so I can be more aware of what's going on around the world past the tip of my nose, as well as basics about politics -(soft and hard monies, revolving door, gov officials moving in and out from agencies to private industry, etc), all of which makes me a more informed consumer and again voter. And yes, this stuff matters to our society, to the communities we live in, who we have for neighbors, who we raise our children with. There is a ton of stuff I'm not listing here, but it's all been very useful to me in life.

Becoming educated, which doesn't have to be formal to be clear, is more than entering a vo-tech program. Obviously, you didn't get more than that out of your education, although I don't get the feeling you had a technical major, so I'm not sure what your goals in school were.
It seems that without college you wouldn't know how to dress up in the morning... LOL
You are first generation in college, aren't you?

Last edited by rebel12; 09-07-2012 at 12:16 AM..

Old 09-07-2012, 04:29 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
One time i met a woman who mounted up more than 50k in debt from going to college to earn her bachelors degree and shes not done yet. Still taking out loans for her advanced degree. She is smoking hot, would i date her yes, but a long term relationship no due to the amount of debt that she has built up. I had her crying on my shoulder because no one will be with her due to debt. As a guy who earned his four year degree from a commuter public institution i do value dating dating a woman with a college degree especially when it comes to having children and being academic role models for them, however with so much people being in debt from going to college dating someone with a degree will take a seat at the back burner for now. I wont enter an LTR with some woman who has mounted debt from a college especially since im debt free. Right now all i want is a woman that is easy going, caring and is willing to be a partner.

From my observation i have notice and seen women with college degrees who are not part of the intelligentsia only aim for higj caliber tier one type of guys. Many of these women are also in debt themselves but they want a high caliber however they are not high caliber themselves. I know one girl who ia college educated single mother working class black woman, she dumped her bf so she can find a whitr guy to date who can provide a better quality of life for her and her baby. Last a year I went on a speed dating event and one of the woman there had a prerequisite that guys must have a college degree in order to generate some interest in a guy. Here in NYC if a woman approaches me or i approach hed within the first five mins of the convo is what do I do for a living and what collegd did I attended.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 09-07-2012 at 05:10 AM..

Old 09-07-2012, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Educated people tend to have better health and levels of fitness, so it's more likely that the GED holder will be obese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
But remember, only 'the body' counts with women, her brain doesn't mean a thing.

Strippers and models are likely to have great bodies so they don't have to waste time trying to increase their intelligence like us 'ugly' chicks have to do.

Quote:
You tell it to yourself to explain why no dates on Friday nights? Lol

There is no correlation between beauty and intelligence. I don't think there is that many models with master degrees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Thank you. I was thinking the same thing. Like many threads on citydata this one has def. run it's course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
ha I didn't think feminists were capable of building a table or even having an opinion that garnered validity without causing hysterical laughs, that's another digression in itself.

You're making it out like I hate women, which I can assure you is not the case.

if people are spewing frustration and anger about women, well its obviously a reaction to things occurring in their environment. The only things I can suggest to those men is to better themselves and not deal with the crud or rotting vegetables out there. I don't kow tow to females and I call them out on their behavior, all of the sudden that makes me rotten to the core? Please.

Funding college via taxes sounds nice but right now we're at the point of no return. A boom could solve the problem but it will most likely be the result of another war unfortunately.
Quote:

We're not discussing the monetary value of a service. We're discussing what has societal value. According to you the only thing that is valuable to society is money. And just because a volunteer is not paid does not mean the work has no value. The person who raises funds and runs the 5k run at the AIDS action event is not getting paid, but there is money going to the AIDS research. And all the other volunteers who are not raising funds or getting paid are still participating in this valuable work.

I don't believe you. I don't believe anyone with your grammar went to "one of the best school's in the world". The best pre-school, maybe? And you don't have much to do any more at your job. Sounds pretty useless. I'm sure you're good at being useless. And don't obsess over my husband. You cannot have him

Like a five years old? Ok. I think a PhD, or at least science PhDs, are not likely to be sitting at home on their asses. And now depression and drug use is entering the picture? I don't think they experience the same rates of depression and drug use as the GED population. Statistically, that's a fact actually. But, I know you don't let yourself get bogged down with rationality, so go ahead and ignore the truth. It's obviously your one and only talent.

Quote:
Wow. I guess you haven't seen much in life. Not all hospices are affiliated with churches. There is plenty of private hospices with plenty of employed people...

No honey-bunny. Money is a "place holder" for value. It represents value and is easily exchangeble. That's why we use it to represent value.

I can volunteer to straighten all leaves on the tree next door. Does it mean that my effort has any money? No.

One of the universities in the world, where they actually teach how to think and not just recite pages from the textbook.

Although this is out of scope of this argument since they do not provide any service. in a way they do, they make people feel better about themselves.

There is not much redundancy in any private enterprise. Efficiency is necessary for success.

A lot of big words, nevertheless the president get paid more than average college professor, a PhD holder. Do you know why?

Show me these stats proving that PhD suffer less often from depression and mental, substance abuse and mental illness than GED holders.

It seems that without college you wouldn't know how to dress up in the morning... LOL
You two are still at? Arguing with her is likw arguing with a stonewall that talks back.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
First off, I never said anything about hospice being affiliated with churches. And I never said there weren't paid employees, but the history of hospice, the history of caring for the dying, is rooted in volunteerism. That you think you can assign value based on money of all things is beyond me. Given your unfamiliarity with practically every subject we have discussed the past week, I'm not sure how you can make a charge of not seeing much of life. I don't know what that means or how it relates.

Quote:

Money can be an aspect, but no we don't always measure it via money paid or money receive. If you want to strictly speak of goods and services with a dollar value on it, you can have one service or product that is superior to another, but costs and sells for less than another inferior, crappy service or product. Just because the second is more expensive doesn't mean it is superior in value. And confusing societal or social value with financial value, as if they are the same thing, is wrong and a testament to your absurd positions. For example, you can attend university tuition free. Harvard, for example, provides academic scholarships and tuition reduction for low income student. A student may end up paying more at your Devry than Harvard and obviously that doesn't mean you Devry education is more valuable than a Harvard education.

Quote:
You could find some wacko to pay you to do that. You could find somebody to pay you to tickle their toes. You could find someone to pay you a millions that won't result in societal value

Quote:
Yes, that's your Devry. You're full of crap Mr. wannabe high tech.

Quote:
Sure, you work for a company that, according to you, hires morons with degrees. Yea, and you guys don't really do anything, you just get paid the big bucks for standing around. I've come to learn that's relative on this forum. Why are you so ashamed to share what you do? Share the high tech stuff.

Quote:
I'm boring, but you're the one surrounded by morons doing nothing all day. But, gosh, I'm so worried. Some internet person is saying that my husband isn't real. Gosh, I'm just devastated. It's such a fascinating, creative attack.

Quote:
Actually, like most panhandlers, they tend to make people feel uncomfortable. Some folk just feel bad for them and giving is just in the nature of others. And it's not out of the scope of this conversation. It perfectly fits and perfectly shows how you are wrong.

Quote:
At my job that's the case. You have already admitted that you don't have anything to do at work. This is coming from. You are a redundancy who gets paid.

Quote:
Movie stars earn more than the POTUS. I suppose their jobs have more societal value than the POTUS? I'm really glad you brought him up. Like mentioning your useless job, you just like to make points that argue your own position.

Quote:
Again, it's amazing how you are unaware of just about everything and that you are too lazy to use the internet to learn anything. I don't understand how any person can be this uninformed. What exactly did you study in college? It's GED holders compared to not only PhD holders, by HS grads, and all levels of education beyond.

Regarding High school drop outs:
Quote:
Young adults with low education and skill levels are more likely to live in poverty and to receive government assistance.10,11,12 Further, high school dropouts are more likely to become involved in crime. Poor health, including poor mental health, is also linked with dropout status

Source

Regarding drug use:
Quote:
Relevant research literature is reviewed. Cross-sectional data indicated that high school dropouts were more involved with cigarettes and illicit drugs than were graduates and that those who obtained a graduate equivalency diploma were the most intensively involved
Source

Not that you will acknowledge any of that.

Quote:
I suspect you are not a first generation troll.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
You two are still at? Arguing with her is likw arguing with a stonewall that talks back.
Am I wrong? Are people valued, is what they have to contribute to society, strictly defined by how much money they earn? I cannot think of a good reason to buy into that.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Am I wrong? Are people valued, is what they have to contribute to society, strictly defined by how much money they earn? I cannot think of a good reason to buy into that.
You did make valid points, but i have to use my rational here and say there is no right or wrong answer but jusf everhones opinion based on viewpoint and experience which differs from person to person. Sadly what you just mentioned was parf of the theme of the dnc convention. Quite frankly its all about what the person is bringing to the table. If i was making 30k more i would label myself as a yuppie.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
You did make valid points, but i have to use my rational here and say there is no right or wrong answer but jusf everhones opinion based on viewpoint and experience which differs from person to person. Sadly what you just mentioned was parf of the theme of the dnc convention. Quite frankly its all about what the person is bringing to the table. If i was making 30k more i would label myself as a yuppie.
I've been missing the entire thing, so I'm going to have to play catch up. I missed the RNC as well. I did catch about 30 minutes of Obama last night.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:15 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
First off, I never said anything about hospice being affiliated with churches. And I never said there weren't paid employees, but the history of hospice, the history of caring for the dying, is rooted in volunteerism.
And you are rooted in fifth grade. Why do you make such a silly generalizations in the first place. Hospices employ people.

Quote:
That you think you can assign value based on money of all things is beyond me. Given your unfamiliarity with practically every subject we have discussed the past week, I'm not sure how you can make a charge of not seeing much of life. I don't know what that means or how it relates.
You practically talk like an avergae high school dropp out. Of course we sue money to represent value. Otherwise it would be purely subjective. Everybody can claim his or her job is the most important and valuable but it is the money clearly defines value of any activity.

Quote:
Money can be an aspect, but no we don't always measure it via money paid or money receive. If you want to strictly speak of goods and services with a dollar value on it, you can have one service or product that is superior to another, but costs and sells for less than another inferior, crappy service or product. Just because the second is more expensive doesn't mean it is superior in value.
All is of course based on perception but if the product is more expensive and has a higher price why would anybody purchase it?

Quote:
And confusing societal or social value with financial value, as if they are the same thing, is wrong and a testament to your absurd positions. For example, you can attend university tuition free. Harvard, for example, provides academic scholarships and tuition reduction for low income student.
And this free Harvard tuition has certain monetary value. Societal values, what are those? How do you measure them? LOL

Quote:
A student may end up paying more at your Devry than Harvard and obviously that doesn't mean you Devry education is more valuable than a Harvard education.
No it is not. Tuition in Devry cost less than in Harvard. What is your point?

Quote:
You could find some wacko to pay you to do that. You could find somebody to pay you to tickle their toes. You could find someone to pay you a millions that won't result in societal value

Yes, that's your Devry. You're full of crap Mr. wannabe high tech.
You are so boring I suspect your education is the only thing that you have in life, if you have any.

Quote:
Sure, you work for a company that, according to you, hires morons with degrees. Yea, and you guys don't really do anything, you just get paid the big bucks for standing around. I've come to learn that's relative on this forum. Why are you so ashamed to share what you do? Share the high tech stuff.
I'm boring, but you're the one surrounded by morons doing nothing all day.
Nobody says I ma suurrounded by morons and that I don't anything all day.
I simply said that my job hardly requires 8 or even 4 hours of undivided attention.
"Work smart not hard", ever heard this?

Quote:
But, gosh, I'm so worried. Some internet person is saying that my husband isn't real. Gosh, I'm just devastated. It's such a fascinating, creative attack.
You can't be married. You would drive any man crazy with your anal-retentive diatribes.

Quote:
Actually, like most panhandlers, they tend to make people feel uncomfortable. Some folk just feel bad for them and giving is just in the nature of others. And it's not out of the scope of this conversation. It perfectly fits and perfectly shows how you are wrong.

He he. They make people feel better about themselves. That's why people give them money.

Quote:
At my job that's the case. You have already admitted that you don't have anything to do at work. This is coming from. You are a redundancy who gets paid.
You are lack of intelligence that gets paid. Work smart not hard.

Quote:
Movie stars earn more than the POTUS. I suppose their jobs have more societal value than the POTUS? I'm really glad you brought him up. Like mentioning your useless job, you just like to make points that argue your own position.
If they do that means that society values their jobs more than the value of the job the President does. We all of course are adults so we all know that nominla compensation that the President receives is just a part of the total package that includes living in a mansion and free travel among the lesser and most visible perks.

Quote:
Again, it's amazing how you are unaware of just about everything and that you are too lazy to use the internet to learn anything. I don't understand how any person can be this uninformed. What exactly did you study in college? It's GED holders compared to not only PhD holders, by HS grads, and all levels of education beyond..
Let me tell what happened. In your family you are the first generation with a college degreee. As it is such achievement in your family you expect everybody to treat it as such as well.
If it wasn't for college you would not know anything, you had to take physisc classes to learn about electrical system in your house
You are a little cornfed snob, one that will always have to prove his/her intelligence to the world and always get furstrated how little the world cares.

I have seen many of you in New York City. You can't even go out because everybody runs away after just five minutes of conversation with you.
You are boring.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
And you are rooted in fifth grade. Why do you make such a silly generalizations in the first place. Hospices employ people.
Since you don't have a reasonable argument, you lie. I'm noticing this is a running theme with you.

Quote:
You practically talk like an avergae high school dropp out. Of course we sue money to represent value. Otherwise it would be purely subjective. Everybody can claim his or her job is the most important and valuable but it is the money clearly defines value of any activity.
Yea, I talk like the average drop out, but I can spell unlike you. I use proper grammar, unlike you. And what exactly does "sue money" mean? Individual claims are unnecessary. Societal value can be measured via social outcome.

Quote:
All is of course based on perception but if the product is more expensive and has a higher price why would anybody purchase it?
Some people buy garbage. Some people do not investigate their consumer choices. There are a host of reasons. Does this simple fact in life have to be explained to you?

Quote:
And this free Harvard tuition has certain monetary value.
How are you measuring this with an exchange of monies?

Quote:
Societal values, what are those? How do you measure them? LOL

No it is not. Tuition in Devry cost less than in Harvard. What is your point?
I've already listed a litany measures in previous posts, that are apparently too complex for you to grasp. And no, Harvard does not need to be more expensive than any of these on line schools for many students. Same with Princeton. Any how, my point is that people can pay for devry and some people will not have to pay for an Ivy. That doesn't make your for-profit school education more valuable in any sense.

Quote:
You are so boring I suspect your education is the only thing that you have in life, if you have any.
I've already listed what I have and I'm very fortunate. My education is one of many privileges I've had the opportunity to enjoy. And I think that is a part of what is chapping your ass. School was obviously not enjoyable. You did not seize opportunity, although perhaps you didn't have much opportunity available. Your job is lame. Your co-workers are lame. So, you are once again living a situation that you do not enjoy where you are not seizing opportunity. This in turn makes you negative.

Quote:
Nobody says I ma suurrounded by morons and that I don't anything all day.
I simply said that my job hardly requires 8 or even 4 hours of undivided attention.
"Work smart not hard", ever heard this?
No, you said you work with idiots earlier in this thread. And your not needing to work half the work day means that you are working in an environment where you are redundant. You are learning nothing new. You are not innovating. I'm sure it's the same crap day in and day out. And yet you have the nerve to assign value to anyone? Very funny.

Quote:
You can't be married. You would drive any man crazy with your anal-retentive diatribes.
No, that's why you are not married.

Quote:
He he. They make people feel better about themselves. That's why people give them money.
They make you feel better? Really?

Quote:
You are lack of intelligence that gets paid. Work smart not hard.
You are lack of intelligence? What is this word salad supposed to mean? A person should work smarter, not harder, which gives you time to attend to your own independent research or side projects, take courses, attend conferences, speak and present at conferences. If you're standing around picking your ass half the day you are a low value employee.

Quote:
If they do that means that society values their jobs more than the value of the job the President does. We all of course are adults so we all know that nominla compensation that the President receives is just a part of the total package that includes living in a mansion and free travel among the lesser and most visible perks.
Oh yea, as long as we have Madonna society could care less about the POTUS. Real smart position you have going here, Mr high tech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships