Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a smoker?
No 197 66.11%
Yes 58 19.46%
Depends (explain) 43 14.43%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 09:56 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
What?? No lovers of cigar smoking men? I am absolutely turned on by a man with a glass of Makers Mark in one hand and a nice cigar in the other, chatting away with the "menfolk". Something about it drives me wild. Especially if the cigar is Cuban, oops. So long as its not all the time I can handle the occasional, maybe once a month socially kinda thing
Ever tried the Makers Mark cigars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Speaking of which - do they still make Kools? The worst smelling ambient smoke I have ever smelled.
Yup. Kools, Newports, and all other ****ty artificial menthol cigs are awful. Even as a smoker I can't stand the taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 10:11 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
A light bulb just went on.

I think I'd take a woman who smokes over a woman who was averse to gratifying my pectoral area/chest during sex which, as described, falls into the PG category.

By the way, check out this obviously PG rated video. I'd be willing to bet Suzanne Pleshette did a lot of THAT during the session the night before, without being asked. My parents loved this kitsch all-star-cast movie.

Suzanne Pleshette in If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium - YouTube

Yes, yes, bring on the smoking. In fact, I think Suzanne Pleshette was a smoker, to have that voice. BTW, RIP Suzanne Pleshette.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
THANKS for that hilarious rep point on the heels of this. I'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:27 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
hell no.
destroy my health, my material possessions and having to deal with any potential future complications brought on by the abuse they they have done to their bodies.

why would i?
I will never understand the thought process of a smoker. The above post has all been proven to be true, and yet people still smoke.

I guess being 'cool' is better than living a full 'healthier' life.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 PM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Cigarettes are flat out disgusting. The smell is putrid.

Indoors an absolute deal breaker. Outside and away from me, maybe, as long as it was not a regular thing.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:34 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I will never understand the thought process of a smoker. The above post has all been proven to be true, and yet people still smoke.

if my mother who smoked heavily in her teens and off and on throughout her adult life is to go by...its because its the last thing they are worried about when they are still feeling healthy. its not until after you get sick or have a serious health scare that any repercussions fully start to set in

Old 08-31-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
plenty of non-smokers whose lives are utter crap in the end stages. That said I am trying to quit. Luckily I've found another leafy substance that's a million times better for you.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:38 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
plenty of non-smokers whose lives are utter crap in the end stages. That said I am trying to quit. Luckily I've found another leafy substance that's a million times better for you.
I can't do the herbage... I get random drug tests and I don't dig being paranoid.......

Old 08-31-2012, 10:39 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Easily move over? Where? Across the street? I have to walk on the opposite side of the street because someone is puffing smoke all over their side of the side walk? Pick a spot, finish your drag and continue on your way. That way I can speed past you and be in the clear.
I sure wish it was legal for us to take someone's car and smash it to bits so that we wouldn't be subject to their crappy car exhaust as we walk around the neighborhood.

Or break their stereos that they blare their music from...or yank their damn horn out of their car that they lay on in anger, or, or, or...

People do crap that annoys others all day long. People are very inconsiderate, not just "smokers". Stress kills, too, you know.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I can't do the herbage... I get random drug tests and I don't dig being paranoid.......
I'm gonna have one last big smokeout on Monday and then probably drop it for a month. Career fair is coming up and on the off chance that I actually get a job offer I wanna make sure I'm clean for any tests. Plus I wanna get into the whole studying vibe and routine before treating myself to the leaf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships