Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 02:25 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,771,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Variety is the spice of life. Adults can do what they like, it's their body and their mind and their emotional health.

I generally agree.

I just think a different dude every 4 days, especially after being in an 8 yr relationship and just having split... IDK, just doesn't seems to be operating in a "healthy" fashion. This applies to a man as well. Not judging or being overly "moral"... just saying....

Old 09-02-2012, 02:31 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,684,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
How common is this? 4 months ago, she broke up with her bf after an 8 year relationship (they met in college) and started meeting guys from online. Last night, I found out from her best friend that she's slept with at least 30 guys during that time period.

I realize chicks usually go through withdrawal after a breakup, but is this kind of withdrawal extremely abnormal or what? Anyone know someone else like this?
Stop being a gossip w***e. You should not be discussing the sex of someone behind their back.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:03 PM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Didn't sound like she was and the girl in reference is a teacher so she's had the summer off so it's quite possible for her to meet up with guys multiple times per week. She said her friend is on multiple dating sites looking for a relationship, but she just ends up having sex.

Hahaha, Looking For Mr. Goodbar, 2012.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:08 PM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LMAO, I guess that's a compliment. so thanks, anyways I am uncomfortable with it so lets move on...you still didn't say what MRA is? is it some type of man?
Yes, what's an MRA...and I don't give a rat's azz if you're uncomfortable, you wouldn't give a rat's azz if I was--but yes, we missed you!

Carry on.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:30 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,302,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Variety is the spice of life. Adults can do what they like, it's their body and their mind and their emotional health.
HIV doesn't show up for years in some cases.

Everyone loves sex, but it does come with significant consequences if you are not risk averse.

Even if you are, like I said, HIV doesn't show up for years in some cases.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:42 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,922,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Could the girl you're sleeping with be exaggerating and telling you this so you won't mess around with her promiscuous "best friend"? Is she trying to potentially turn you off on her, especially since she's single and therefore available now?
It's possible. As I said before, we're all going to be staying in the same house during Irish weekend down at the NJ shore in a few weeks, where there will be tons of drinking going on, and I'll be 1 of 2 single guys in the house that weekend (the 3-4 other guys are either married or bringing their gf). My friend who told me this said she won't be surprised if the girl in reference made a move on me, but then followed it up with "but you better not do anything with her; you're mine that weekend!" I just laughed and left it at that, but we aren't in a relationship so I'm not obligated to her and plan on doing whatever I want that weekend.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:49 PM

45,471 posts, read 60,692,988 times
Quote:
It's possible. As I said before, we're all going to be staying in the same house during Irish weekend down at the NJ shore in a few weeks, where there will be tons of drinking going on, and I'll be 1 of 2 single guys in the house that weekend (the 3-4 other guys are either married or bringing their gf). My friend who told me this said she won't be surprised if the girl in reference made a move on me, but then followed it up with "but you better not do anything with her; you're mine that weekend!" I just laughed and left it at that, but we aren't in a relationship so I'm not obligated to her and plan on doing whatever I want that weekend.

You poke the loose girl after the warning you just got from your 3-4 year girlfriend (and that's what she considers herself) and you'll find yourself looking back on the good old days of regular sex.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:52 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,922,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You poke the loose girl after the warning you just got from your 3-4 year girlfriend (and that's what she considers herself) and you'll find yourself looking back on the good old days of regular sex.
Her and I aren't dating, though; we've never been in a relationship. It's more like a FWB type of thing and she knows that's all it is.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:57 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,394,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
there's always men willing to use dumb women for sex. that's her problem, not his.
But very revealing of his character - or lack thereof. Just sayin'.

I like Dan Savage's campsite rule with regard to relationships.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,749,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
HIV doesn't show up for years in some cases.

Everyone loves sex, but it does come with significant consequences if you are not risk averse.

Even if you are, like I said, HIV doesn't show up for years in some cases.
Funny, we do rapid HIV tests in our ED on staff with needlestick injuries immediately after exposure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.