Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,828,904 times

Advertisements

I enjoy my button up shirts and blue jeans. Sometimes it is a T-shirt other times it is a polo shirt.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:52 AM

52,325 posts, read 52,791,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I like getting dressed for work. Sometimes it's not practical to wear heels and a dress, but on the days I know I won't be sitting on the floor I like to dress up.

We have casual Fridays (jeans and sneakers). Sometimes I particiapte but most of the times I don't.
I usually just wear Polo shirts and jeans to work. I have a sorta "light blue" collar job... part desk and part field work.

The polo's have a small company logo on them and they are paid for..... so... it's all good.....

Old 01-19-2013, 12:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,655,189 times
Ugh. My new job pulled a bait and switch on me regarding the dress code. Originally they told me that it was business casual and that showing my tattoos wouldn't be a problem. I work behind a secure area with zero customer interaction and 90% of my employee interaction is over a radio (I'm in dispatch at an airport). Then, when I got here and started they decided to change their mind and require all tattoos to be covered and that instead of business casual it's business formal which means I get to go out and buy a new wardrobe. Hooray.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:56 PM

52,325 posts, read 52,791,864 times
We're gonna go for a walk in a nature center at a park near us, it is a really nice day, mid 70's, sun is out.... beats that cold azz crap weather we've been having lately....

Then we're gonna head off to a little Italian deli and grab some fresh eats, come home and crack open that bottle of Dom.......

Just in case anyone gives a crap......

Old 01-19-2013, 01:04 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,477,032 times
Chow, Sounds like a very lovely afternoon you and the Mrs will be having.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:06 PM

17,647 posts, read 22,673,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ugh. My new job pulled a bait and switch on me regarding the dress code. Originally they told me that it was business casual and that showing my tattoos wouldn't be a problem. I work behind a secure area with zero customer interaction and 90% of my employee interaction is over a radio (I'm in dispatch at an airport). Then, when I got here and started they decided to change their mind and require all tattoos to be covered and that instead of business casual it's business formal which means I get to go out and buy a new wardrobe. Hooray.
Tell them to make up their Cotton Pickin' Minds.........grrrrr

Old 01-19-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We're gonna go for a walk in a nature center at a park near us, it is a really nice day, mid 70's, sun is out.... beats that cold azz crap weather we've been having lately....

Then we're gonna head off to a little Italian deli and grab some fresh eats, come home and crack open that bottle of Dom.......

Have an AWEsome good time, My Friends......

take some photos...

Old 01-19-2013, 02:45 PM

Grants Pass Daily Courier -- Rogue Valley Humane Society Critter Cam

Some kitties who share a beautiful room, until they go to their forever home...

Last edited by Hawk J; 01-19-2013 at 03:10 PM..

Old 01-19-2013, 03:12 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,091,726 times
Quote:
which means I get to go out and buy a new wardrobe. Hooray.
Ohhh..that would be a bonus for me! I love shopping!
I'm still building my work wardrobe and having a good time doing it.
Although, my husband wondered if the one-shouldered dress was really for work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Sounds like a nice time. Is today her Birthday?

H*A*P*P*Y
B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y
S*E*A!!!!

Old 01-19-2013, 05:06 PM

708 posts, read 1,061,757 times
Quote:
That stinks!The nice thing about my job is that after 19 years of wearing uniforms,I can wear my own clothes to work.Nothing ripped,dirty or with sayings or team logos,anything like that.My fear is someday they will change over to uniforms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships