Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you choose? You could have as much money as your heart desires or a chance at true love?
I'm a woman and I choose a chance at true love 39 22.54%
I'm a woman and I choose as much money as my heart desires 35 20.23%
I'm a man and I choose a chance at true love 34 19.65%
I'm a man and I choose as much money as my heart desires 65 37.57%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 AM

23 posts, read 24,365 times

Advertisements

Both options have there own problems, Money... Does not always make you happy. And It could too all be lost in the blink of a eye. I know this through personal experience. My aunt She has more money than ever imaginable. She is very well known. And has numerous house... ( that she calls houses not her home ) cars, boat, you name it, all the designer bags and shoes you could wish for.... But all she wants is true friends and a partner to cuddle to and be with on the long nights.
She says as she has so much money she never knows who likes her... And who likes her money. And for years has said this. I feel real sad for her, As I would love her to have what I have.

In the question it says love.. Money. But its not specific. You see I have love. For 7 years. And he is my world, makes me smile when I'm sad, laugh when I'm angry and keeps me warm when I'm cold, We have 4 children. And we live in a average 3 bed home, full of love, Noise, and laughter as well as a few fights between my children.

We can't afford holidays, or the latest gadgets. But we have a new ford galaxy titanium car, that's a 7 seated so we can go on day trips, and long drives in the hills and country. We eat 3 meals a day. And we have sky TV and internet, heating and a roof over our heads.

In my personal opinion I would rather have this, than what my aunt has. As I know no matter what life throws at us, example: 3 out of 4 of our children were born early before 27 weeks, our youngest is sick, energy costs rising, so we can't have heating on all the time, and numerous deaths in the family a few years ago.... We all have one another.
And I would rather be as I am now, knowing I'll never feel alone, and waking up too the sound of my hubby making toast and egg with the kids on a morning, giggling and getting up to a warm welcome, tucking them up on a night then sitting under a big blanket too watch a film and happy.

Yes money can buy you lots of material things, the latest big TV and a flash car, a big house, and even 'women' or 'men' on a evening..... But it wont be there for you to make you feel better if your sick with a cuddle and love or be there to share a giggle at a programs on Your Big TV either. But as mentioned... Love may not last, But I figure id rather have bled with cuts of true love than live without any scars. As money too can all go, you could well be conned in to 'love' and loose it all. Robbed, what ever it may be. Nothing in this life is for certain, the only thing we can do is live for the here and now, and what makes us happy at the time.

I just wish my aunt G could have that happiness I have, I love her for her, and never once have I took a penny from her, she has offered but I declined, so she knows I love her for her.... And that's something she really struggles with after so many men taking her for a ride, so called friends etc.... Shame she lives in the USA as I would bring her to live in my little home so she could feel the love she SO wants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
What a question. At this point, MONEY, so I could go live in a small city in southern Europe, lead a slower life, and travel over there.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:06 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
I'll take love for the win.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:42 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Depends on the gender of my true love.

If it's a woman I'll chose true love.

If it's a man I'll chose as uch money as my heart desires.

I highly doubt my true love will be a woman since I'm heterosexual so I'll stick with money as in my opinon a man's love means little as he's likely loving my body not me.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:13 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times
The results balanced out a little more but overall men still value money over love clearly.

Women are half and half.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:58 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
No brainer for me.

Show me the money!!!!

Me, too.

I always wanted to live in a mansion; need money to do that.

In the garage would be about a half-dozen '50s-'70s Cadillac Limousines (with chauffeur), because of their luxury and elegance. Maybe a few stretch Lincoln Limousines and a few '60s/early-'70s muscle cars.

I would employ about 6-8 people... the previously-mentioned chauffeur, a butler, maid/housekeeper, chef, landscaper, etc.

Wouldn't have to work so I would have plenty of time for dating which would take care of the love aspect.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You know, I know any number of wealthy people with mediocre marriages. Money is a good thing, but it sure as hell doesn't solve all your problems.
Neither does being poor!

Old 09-22-2012, 10:13 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Neither does being poor!
I have no money and I can't afford to put food in my fridge, keep the lights on, keep the water going or keep the gas going. It's ok because we have love and love conquers all!

/sarcasm

Old 09-25-2012, 12:51 PM

190 posts, read 305,312 times
im shocked that some men actually chose love

wow

Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Which would you choose?

The fates gave you the option.
You could have as much money as your heart desires or ...an average lifestyle with the most compatible person partner and get a chance at true love?

Now before you rush to the true love option I want you all to bare in mind what having all the money your heart desires means.

Think about it. Condos, super cars, never have to work again if you so choose, explore the world, or you can basically do nearly anything you desire.

Maybe you want to own several estates across the nation or overseas. Maybe take 5 star cruise ships or own a private jet.

Also you still have the chance that your true love relationship may still fail...

Would you still choose the opportunity to find true love or fulfill all your desires that money can buy.

Think deep.

Oh yeah I threw in a poll to make it more interesting.
I choose the feeding of my soul over the feeding of my appetites, which can deceive you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships