Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,024,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I think dating is a lost art. Usually the first date is coffee or drinks, maybe second date more drinks...MAYBE dinner. It seems a lot of dates are just hanging out watching TV or whatever. I would love to meet a guy who wanted to really take me out for dates...out to dinner, or cook me dinner...maybe brunch on the weekend! I miss romance! I like being casual and just hanging out or whatever...it's expensive to go out to fancy dinners all the time and I wouldn't expect that, but it would be nice if guys today made a little more effort.
I love how you think! I cannot believe your even still on the market!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 10:48 AM

271 posts, read 532,497 times
We go on a date usually from Friday evening to Sunday evening. We pretty much do everything together for those 48 hours.

Friday, we usually grab fast food after work, then watch some TV.
Saturday, we go out for breakfast, a nice long walk if weather permits, and handle chores.
Sunday, we usually loaf about.

Friday is official Date Night, which almost always consists of a burrito or sub in front of the television.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,113,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I love how you think! I cannot believe your even still on the market!
lol! Just waiting for some lucky guy to come and swoop me up!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:53 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
I think dating is a lost art. Usually the first date is coffee or drinks, maybe second date more drinks...MAYBE dinner. It seems a lot of dates are just hanging out watching TV or whatever. I would love to meet a guy who wanted to really take me out for dates...out to dinner, or cook me dinner...maybe brunch on the weekend! I miss romance! I like being casual and just hanging out or whatever...it's expensive to go out to fancy dinners all the time and I wouldn't expect that, but it would be nice if guys today made a little more effort.
Yup me to! I like to go out!

The dates can even be cheaper stuff like museums and art galleries. Or of course picnics in the park, trips to the street festival etc.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:00 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,113,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup me to! I like to go out!

The dates can even be cheaper stuff like museums and art galleries. Or of course picnics in the park, trips to the street festival etc.
Sigh. If a guy took me on a picnic in the park I would literally swoon! lol

Old 09-07-2012, 11:05 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,961,264 times
Quote:
I would guess about 90% of my dates are similiar tothe bolded. Either a resautarnt, or I cook a meal. And I pay A LOT of the time. EDIT: Oh, and a lot of time an after dinner activity is included. Mini golf, a comedy club, a movie at the theatre...
I am finding that this isnt really helping me out though. In fact, it may be hurting me. I know there are people out there that will be wined and dined without being interested in the other person. I think being 'romantic', if that is what taking someone to dinner is considered has not increased the likelyhood that a woman would be interested in me romantically.

I am considering a severe change to my dating style. I am considering eliminating dinner dates and cooking for someone untill the 5th or 6th date. The first two dates will be very casual, ice cream, coffee, maybe mini golf, some sort of cheap, quick activity. Then dates 3,4,5 would be hanging out at one of our homes/ more cheap but fun activities.
Problem is, I dont know if the woman will appreciate that kind of stuff.
But spending 60-80 on a dinner date for 1st, 2nd dates, while everyone is serial dating is expensive and proabably not worth the 'formal dinner' experience. Maybe casual is better.... anyone take this approach ?

Old 09-07-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illcosby View Post
We go on a date usually from Friday evening to Sunday evening. We pretty much do everything together for those 48 hours.

Friday, we usually grab fast food after work, then watch some TV.
Saturday, we go out for breakfast, a nice long walk if weather permits, and handle chores.
Sunday, we usually loaf about.

Friday is official Date Night, which almost always consists of a burrito or sub in front of the television.
THIS is what I'm talking about.
If I could find a woman that appreciated this, that would be ideal.

Not sure how many of those there are....

Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 AM

102,221 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
So then, is asking someone to... for example; a shooting range, or mini golf, with no mention of a meal still be considered a date? Especially if it is early in the dating process ?
Why wouldn't it? Why would "dating" be defined as sharing a meal?

Old 09-07-2012, 11:21 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
THIS is what I'm talking about.
If I could find a woman that appreciated this, that would be ideal.

Not sure how many of those there are....
Well your not having mine.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Well your not having mine.
Understood, but ....
Does she have a sister ?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships