Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 12:53 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times

Advertisements

The goal of every man is to get on the couch and stay there (after work) and preferably with you. So he'll be shooting for that as soon as possible. Everything else is the woman's idea or expectation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 01:17 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
We try to get out at least once a week. It could be dinner, dancing, wine tasting, a festival in town, a day trip along the coast, or some other activity. We did this before we were married, too.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:28 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Once a week, sometimes more. Sitting home all the time is the quickest way to bore yourself right out of love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
The goal of every man is to get on the couch and stay there (after work) and preferably with you. So he'll be shooting for that as soon as possible. Everything else is the woman's idea or expectation.
I dump men like that. The minute they start taking me for granted, they get put on notice. If it doesn't change, they get the boot. Don't get me wrong: I don't expect them to entertain me. I do expect them to want to get out and do stuff with me. Life is too short to be a couch potato.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:31 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
Quote:
Damn, the women folk are onto us! Haha

Old 09-07-2012, 01:32 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Quote:
I wish that was the case. My bf doesn't know how to sit still.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:35 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Damn, the women folk are onto us! Haha
Hahahaha

Old 09-07-2012, 01:36 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I wish that was the case. My bf doesn't know how to sit still.
A very wise grandma once said, "Bah! You can rest when you're dead."

Old 09-07-2012, 01:37 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:

Nope, not every man is a couch potato. Thankfully!

Old 09-07-2012, 01:38 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Average Guy, your idea of dating is very similar to how the dating works in my home city in Malaysia (and in alot of other large Asian cities). It's very different from US style dating, especially West Coast. East Coast might be more in line with what I'm used to.

Basically, back home guys ask the lady out, and right from the first date is usually a nice dinner (which is cheaper there than here), at a fancy restaurant or nightclub. It's just not done to take her to mini golf or ice cream, as that implies you're cheap, and that's quite a turn off for the ladies there, especially the local Chinese (the Western expats from Europe were more casual, but not as casual as Californians.)

So yeah, the idea of a coffee date is quite strange for me, but I suppose I better get used to it, maybe I'l like it more. It'll definitely be easier on the wallet, that's for sure. You can tell me how the mini golf and coffee dates go Average, I could use some advice on that.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:03 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Average Guy, your idea of dating is very similar to how the dating works in my home city in Malaysia (and in alot of other large Asian cities). It's very different from US style dating, especially West Coast. East Coast might be more in line with what I'm used to.

Basically, back home guys ask the lady out, and right from the first date is usually a nice dinner (which is cheaper there than here), at a fancy restaurant or nightclub. It's just not done to take her to mini golf or ice cream, as that implies you're cheap, and that's quite a turn off for the ladies there, especially the local Chinese (the Western expats from Europe were more casual, but not as casual as Californians.)

So yeah, the idea of a coffee date is quite strange for me, but I suppose I better get used to it, maybe I'l like it more. It'll definitely be easier on the wallet, that's for sure. You can tell me how the mini golf and coffee dates go Average, I could use some advice on that.

Yea, the 90% date value with meals included probably has a lot of dates ( at least 30-40%) where I cook the meal. Then we will relax, watch TV, play a game, or something else simple and free at the house. I am not taking my dates out 90% of the time, but like I said a meal is included in some form 90% of the time. And I am not going to beat around the bush. I AM decent enough cook.
I can actually cook about a dozen 'easy' meals, and I kind of like cooking, so I don't mind it. But don't get me wrong, there is still some considerable effort there. The idea of havin a date come over, and me eat my meal alone (leftovers) before she arrives, and then her and I hang out a my place on a REGULAR basis would be really cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships