Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:59 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,666,435 times

Advertisements

Yes, it is, technically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 09:35 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,961,851 times
I was at a bar last night with a friend. She was joking around, and said "why don't you go over by the dance floor and start grinding on a chick you are interested in?"
I said, "you mean that works?"

We were both joking, but my friend said it happens all the time.
Who are these people that this crap actually works FOR ?

Don't think I have EVER known someone who approached someone with "wanna hook-up?" or a similair derivation, let alone the other person says yes.
And where are the women that let guys they dont know walk up to them and just start grinding on the dance floor ?

Have I forgotten what it's like to be 21 ?

Old 09-21-2012, 10:05 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I was at a bar last night with a friend. She was joking around, and said "why don't you go over by the dance floor and start grinding on a chick you are interested in?"
I said, "you mean that works?"

We were both joking, but my friend said it happens all the time.
Who are these people that this crap actually works FOR ?

Don't think I have EVER known someone who approached someone with "wanna hook-up?" or a similair derivation, let alone the other person says yes.
And where are the women that let guys they dont know walk up to them and just start grinding on the dance floor ?

Have I forgotten what it's like to be 21 ?
First I have no idea what grinding on the dance floor is and most importantly I am GRATEFUL I am NOT 21 any longer. I like my current age of 51, it suits me just fine and I'll be good with 52 when it gets here in a couple weeks and any other age beyond that. I'm also glad I'm married and don't have to deal with this whole, single, dating, relationship issue that seems to be just messy for a lot of people.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,899,888 times
If someone started grinding on me I would give him a dirty look and tell him to leave me alone.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:16 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
If someone started grinding on me I would give him a dirty look and tell him to leave me alone.

This is usually what most women when they are being grinded on by a man they don't know

Old 09-21-2012, 03:55 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Well, doesn't it really depend on whether one likes to be the object of "crude" comments?.
The point is, women don't like crude comments. This doesn't count as a legitimate and in-good-faith approach. It's not a conversation-starter, it's not a legitimate request for a woman's company.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
Not that I approve of crude behavoir, but the guys that use it are probably just tired of the dog and pony show of trying to get laid, and instead of wasting both theirs and your time, they're just getting to the point, as crude as it may be. And apparently it works on some women who are tired of the BS too.
Tired of the BS? Some of us want the 'BS' that is a relationship. Not all of us want to get straight to the point and jump into bed with someone.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,903,213 times
I think the reason a sleazy approach doesn't count, is because everyone involved knows what the outcome will be. A whole lotta nothing.

Can you imagine what would actually happen, if a man came up to a woman and said "I really want to put my **** in your **** right now" and a woman was like "yes, let's go right here, right nowI"

That man would faint from shock. :P

Old 09-21-2012, 10:03 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,665,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think the reason a sleazy approach doesn't count, is because everyone involved knows what the outcome will be. A whole lotta nothing.

Can you imagine what would actually happen, if a man came up to a woman and said "I really want to put my **** in your **** right now" and a woman was like "yes, let's go right here, right nowI"

I would back up very slowly thinking I was on some ABC Chris Hansen show or something

Old 09-21-2012, 10:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

I'd think any man would go into a cardio arrest right then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships