Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:31 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,839,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
24, i stated that in a previous thread
We have lives. We can't read every thread on the forum.

This is one of my biggest freakin' pet peeves. "GOSH, why didn't you know [insert random personal detail here] about me?! I stated it in a thread back in August of 2009!"

http://t.qkme.me/35ix9w.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 06:33 PM

861 posts, read 1,250,472 times
Quote:
Doing the approaching, starting conversations, flirting, small-talk, asking out, overall, initiating the steps in order to land a date and relationship, pursuing, chasing, etc.?

People always argue, say this all the time but they never bother to explain specifically why, they always say "Because your a Man, thats part of being a Man", seriously, why is it the way it is? where is the logic in it? Is it Biology, Evolution, in DNA, Genetics, as to why men the overwhelming vast majority of the time have to be the one to do the initiating? or is it a Social Construct, Society-Thing, Culture-Thing?

Why is taking charge, taking control, going after what you want and making things happen part of being Masculine, part of being a Man? who or what made that rule, standard, expectation?

Relax, I'll help you through this complex web! It's because men are the hunters. Always have been and most likely will be. Everything else is contrived.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,607,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
That's not the point of my statement. Stop looking at it as words and start looking at it is a whole. The whole "balls" thing is just an analogy for being confident and emotionally strong. You won't get anywhere if you aren't confident and emotionally strong.

Rejection is part of life. I get rejected all the time. I hold the door for someone I think is cute and say "hello" and she gives me a dirty look and walks away. Ok, so what? There are like 6 billion other women out there. Am I really gonna allow myself to give a flying squirrel that this one woman couldn't see that I'm a genuine guy? Of course not, because I'm stronger than that.

You shouldn't let this whole thing get you down so much man. If you feel like you NEED someone in your life as a companion in order to be happy, you need to re-evaluate yourself.

thats what i hate, girls are allowed to seek validation from guys but not the other way around, and yes to the other person, social-skills, conversation-skills are far more important for guys to have than for girls to have, since social-awkwardness screws a guys chances way more than a girls chances of landing a relationship, those that disagree with that are delusional

Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,618 times
Quote:
24, i stated that in a previous thread
Oh my bad bro. I didn't look at your previous posts. How ridiculous of me.

The fact that you expected me to look through your previously posts suggests that you have HUGE entitlement issues ("I DESERVE a girl without working for one!" "I'm SO important on this forum and every thread revolves around ME!").

Here's a nickel's worth of advice for free:
1) Stop whining
2) Figure out what you want
3) Go out and get what you want

If you don't do all 3 of those things, you will forever be unsuccessful in dating.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,903,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, yesterday, some guy used the cattle analogy in relation to feminism, or something, and likened women to cows. So at least Y-J didn't stoop that low. I don't mind lioness so much; they're smart, sleek and athletic, as well as being nurturing of their young. Not bad, not bad at all.
Lionesses know what they want and go for it!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
Relax, I'll help you through this complex web! It's because men are the hunters. Always have been and most likely will be. Everything else is contrived.
prove it that men are hunters, where is the god damn logic that men are hunters?

Old 09-25-2012, 06:40 PM

819 posts, read 1,130,300 times
Chicks asking out dudes on dates seems really weird to me. Dropping hints and flirting like crazy, that's typical female behavior, though.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:41 PM

819 posts, read 1,130,300 times
Quote:
prove it that men are hunters, where is the god damn logic that men are hunters?
Biologically. Men have better spatial awareness and are more suited to physical pursuits. That equals "hunting".

Old 09-25-2012, 06:43 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,839,514 times
Wait a second, if you "WantToHaveALife," then why are you complaining about putting in some effort? We don't get something that we truly want by not putting in our fair share. Which leads me to believe that you don't really, truly want a life or a woman or whatever you might say it is that you "want".

Old 09-25-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Oh my bad bro. I didn't look at your previous posts. How ridiculous of me.

The fact that you expected me to look through your previously posts suggests that you have HUGE entitlement issues ("I DESERVE a girl without working for one!" "I'm SO important on this forum and every thread revolves around ME!").

Here's a nickel's worth of advice for free:
1) Stop whining
2) Figure out what you want
3) Go out and get what you want

If you don't do all 3 of those things, you will forever be unsuccessful in dating.
why are women allowed to have an entitlement attitude towards men but not the other way around? why does that double-standard exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships