Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
well being weak is easy, being strong is hard, and since women can be weak and men have to be strong, it should not take rocket science to figure out which gender has it easier in that part of life
What are you referring to when you say "weak"? You mean physically? Sure, women are physically the weaker gender. So what? How does that relate to your problem? And for what it's worth, I would hate being a physically weak woman. I've been a regular at the gym for more years that you've probably been alive. No one would ever describe me as weak.

Weak emotionally or mentally? That's not appealing in the least - in either gender. I would never be attracted to someone that was weak inside or upstairs...nor would most women.

Dude. If you want something in this life, you are going to have to prove it and work for it. No one gets what they want by being a crybaby and saying whyyyyyymeeeee all the time. Seriously. Grow the **** up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 08:51 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,104,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What are you referring to when you say "weak"? You mean physically? Sure, women are physically the weaker gender. So what? How does that relate to your problem? And for what it's worth, I would hate being a physically weak woman. I've been a regular at the gym for more years that you've probably been alive. No one would ever describe me as weak.

Weak emotionally or mentally? That's not appealing in the least - in either gender. I would never be attracted to someone that was weak inside or upstairs...nor would most women.

Dude. If you want something in this life, you are going to have to prove it and work for it. No one gets what they want by being a crybaby and saying whyyyyyymeeeee all the time. Seriously. Grow the **** up.
While i am terrified of rejection like the op i agree its my cross to bear i think its stupid to blame others or society but you callign guys afraid of reejction whimps and not real men is a little tough to take..

Everyone has faults worries and insecurties i wish to god i wasnt so afraid of approachign women but it is what it is..But try to not be so demeaning to people about it that doesnt help

Old 09-27-2012, 09:00 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
While i am terrified of rejection like the op i agree its my cross to bear i think its stupid to blame others or society but you callign guys afraid of reejction whimps and not real men is a little tough to take..

Everyone has faults worries and insecurties i wish to god i wasnt so afraid of approachign women but it is what it is..But try to not be so demeaning to people about it that doesnt help

Practice makes perfect - get out there and start practicing!

Seriously.

And if you can't do it alone, for God's sake (and your own) HIRE A LIFE COACH.

There is no reason to be alone in this world if you don't want to be honey.

YOU have the power to change things, but you must believe that and act on it.

Now be like Nike, Just Do It!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:05 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
You know - going after what you want doesn't necessarily mean just hitting on random strangers. Sometimes it just means making the first move with someone you already know and already know that you have some feelings for. I've never dated a guy who hit on me in some bar.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Practice makes perfect - get out there and start practicing!

Seriously.

And if you can't do it alone, for God's sake (and your own) HIRE A LIFE COACH.

There is no reason to be alone in this world if you don't want to be honey.

YOU have the power to change things, but you must believe that and act on it.

Now be like Nike, Just Do It!
I know youre right but its easier said then done for me..Plus as i aid whe you go 32 years with no sucess its pretty damn hard to have blind confidence that you can attract women when its never happened before..

Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You know - going after what you want doesn't necessarily mean just hitting on random strangers. Sometimes it just means making the first move with someone you already know and already know that you have some feelings for. I've never dated a guy who hit on me in some bar.
Speaking for myself i have no single women in my social circle so im stuck having to do cold approaches..

The one girl i actually made out with was my friends wives best friend and she claimed the next day she only made out with me becaude she was really drunk which made things awkward since she was kind of in my social circle so to speak so that didnt work out too well..

Old 09-27-2012, 09:18 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I know youre right but its easier said then done for me..Plus as i aid whe you go 32 years with no sucess its pretty damn hard to have blind confidence that you can attract women when its never happened before..
But don't you see? THAT'S exactly what a life coach can help you with!

Come on now, make a few calls and get yourself an appt with one

Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 AM

36,563 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
Doing the approaching, starting conversations, flirting, small-talk, asking out, overall, initiating the steps in order to land a date and relationship, pursuing, chasing, etc.?

People always argue, say this all the time but they never bother to explain specifically why, they always say "Because your a Man, thats part of being a Man", seriously, why is it the way it is? where is the logic in it? Is it Biology, Evolution, in DNA, Genetics, as to why men the overwhelming vast majority of the time have to be the one to do the initiating? or is it a Social Construct, Society-Thing, Culture-Thing?

Why is taking charge, taking control, going after what you want and making things happen part of being Masculine, part of being a Man? who or what made that rule, standard, expectation?
Have you read any history? Men made the rule. It was once that women were not permitted to approach or converse with a strange man. She could be beaten or killed for the indiscretion. Even until not so long ago it was still taboo for a woman to do so. Society would label her a loose woman and ruin her reputation. Times are changing but such things die hard. Give it another 50 to 100 years.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:11 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,799,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

Welcome to life. I am constantly gobsmacked by the ridiculously whiney wimpy young men that post in this forum. My son would shake his head in disgust.
Not a personal attack, but who raised those wimpy whiney young men?
Why so many women insist on being mother-hens to their sons?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:12 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Not a personal attack, but who raised those wimpy whiney young men?
Why so many women insist on being mother-hens to their sons?
Or random people on a message board?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships