Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
That's why you fail.

[you have created a distinction between the two terms]

That is why you fail - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 02:30 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,992 times
You can either be passive and let things happen to you or you can be proactive and get what you want.

I like to make the first move so I can select the girls I want to make the first move on.

I've been hit on by many women. The quality of women who hit on me does not even compare to the quality and attractiveness of women that I hit on.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:33 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,427,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
why are women allowed to have an entitlement attitude towards men but not the other way around? why does that double-standard exist?
The proof is in the pudding, as they say. If you're not getting what you want, that means your sense of entitlement is misplaced.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:45 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
If you were a man, you wouldn't be asking the question.
you see, there goes that illogical argument again, why does that unwritten rule as to how a man has to be exist?

Old 09-26-2012, 03:38 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,001 times
Quote:
you see, there goes that illogical argument again, why does that unwritten rule as to how a man has to be exist?
You have 2 options:

1) Approach women, lose your virginity, and get a girlfriend
2) Whine about how much life sucks on the internet

We both know what you should do, but we also both know what you're going to do.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,653 times
Guys, I feel for you but here's the real scoop.

Nature only wants the strongest and fittest to survive and pass on genes. That's all nature cares about. In caveman days, only the strongest and smartest caveman who could hunt successfully and defend himself and his women would enjoy the fruits of his strengths by being 1st in line to mate with the most desireable cavewomen. The weaker cavemen got eaten by bears and tigers or could not physically match up with his stronger brothers and compete for females so he did not mate and his weak, pathetic caveman genes were not passed on to future generations. Nature did not want the gene pool contaminated with weakness so this was a good thing for future humankind.

Nothing has changed really. Not the basic biological facts anyway. The guys on here complaining they can't get women or are too shy will not easily reproduce their genes. That's nature's way to keep the gene pool strong. Nature doesn't give a whit about lonely, horny guys. We, as humans, can feel some empathy or even compassion for them but nature is absolutely ruthless. Only the strong will take risks, use guile and strength, take every advantage possible to reproduce. The weak will fall by the wayside.

Guys, if you feel weak and insecure, you have to find a way to rise above such feelings. You have to spit in Nature's eye and tell it to f*** itself. Think of yourself as a caveman fighting for genetic survival. If you can't overcome your weakness, you may be doomed to fall into the genetic pool disposal system. And if you're truly that weak, that would be a good thing for all of humankind. Nothing personal but that's nature's way.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
You have 2 options:

1) Approach women, lose your virginity, and get a girlfriend
2) Whine about how much life sucks on the internet

We both know what you should do, but we also both know what you're going to do.
makes me wish i could beat up a girl's boyfriend out jealousy and anger, yes, i hate how social-skills, conversation-skills are far more important for guys to have than for girls to have

Old 09-26-2012, 05:21 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,097 times
Quote:
Doing the approaching, starting conversations, flirting, small-talk, asking out, overall, initiating the steps in order to land a date and relationship, pursuing, chasing, etc.?

People always argue, say this all the time but they never bother to explain specifically why, they always say "Because your a Man, thats part of being a Man", seriously, why is it the way it is? where is the logic in it? Is it Biology, Evolution, in DNA, Genetics, as to why men the overwhelming vast majority of the time have to be the one to do the initiating? or is it a Social Construct, Society-Thing, Culture-Thing?

Why is taking charge, taking control, going after what you want and making things happen part of being Masculine, part of being a Man? who or what made that rule, standard, expectation?
Frankly, I think the reasons are cultural than biological.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:23 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,831 times
Quote:
Doing the approaching, starting conversations, flirting, small-talk, asking out, overall, initiating the steps in order to land a date and relationship, pursuing, chasing, etc.?

People always argue, say this all the time but they never bother to explain specifically why, they always say "Because your a Man, thats part of being a Man", seriously, why is it the way it is? where is the logic in it? Is it Biology, Evolution, in DNA, Genetics, as to why men the overwhelming vast majority of the time have to be the one to do the initiating? or is it a Social Construct, Society-Thing, Culture-Thing?

Why is taking charge, taking control, going after what you want and making things happen part of being Masculine, part of being a Man? who or what made that rule, standard, expectation?
The nature. It made us stronger and more assertive. Stop being a sissy.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:32 PM

well being weak is easy, being strong is hard, and since women can be weak and men have to be strong, it should not take rocket science to figure out which gender has it easier in that part of life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships