Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,865,428 times

Advertisements

Been married 44-years, so no direct experience with ex's, but, from a counseling perspective I've found that until one person gets past blaming the other person for everything ... they can't get-on with the healthy healing part of recognizing and accepting their own share of responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 05:00 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,679,998 times
I hope she doesn't despise, though I'd understand if she did.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:28 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,160,577 times
I haven't had an 'ex' for 23 years.. Last time someone mentioned her I had no idea who they were talking about.... i'd forgotten her name.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:30 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,883,964 times
Still love her and always will... How's that for closure?

Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,943,325 times
I don't hate my ex entirely. But I hate how it ended.

He may hate me because I made him take responsibilty.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:37 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,686,242 times
While I don't have hatred for my ex, at this point, I have no desire to contact him, and would not enjoy running into him in public. It could happen, easily, but it hasn't, yet.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:11 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,851,745 times
My ex girlfriend hates me because I didn't like that she cheated on me with 12 guys while we dated for a year. Only a true hoe would do that. I'd rather watch her get hit by a steam roller than give a damn about her again. There are very few women I consider to be hoes, but she earned the status all by herself.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:21 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,271,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I read a post on here from someone that mentioned something to the effect of their ex pretty much hates them.
I think most of us have had a bad break up or two.
My first relatioship ended with a bad argument, and we spoke three days later on a much better note, but that bad arguement is kind of how I always defined the ending. (as it was the catalyst for the ending, but nicer arguement). That was a long time ago, and I learned along the way, that those feeling can be controlsd by so many different methods. In the end, her and I were not a good fit, especially at that time in our lives. How often do you, or do you see that bad arguement between 2 people whether it be family, or friends that just ends BADLY. And maybe they are good people, but for whatever reason, they just seem to aggitate each other/ push each others buttons ?My last relationship ended badly, but more in a way that the actions spoke so loud, and were hurtful. When the final conversation happened, we said little, and ended the relationship, as there was no desire to salvage ANYTHING. If I saw her out and about, I would honestly act like she was a stranger, and defineatly not approach her to say hi. If she approached me, I would be polite, but I would be brief, EXTREMELY brief.
My Ex is always drunk out of his mind or stoned on pot so how in the hell would he know WHO he likes and doesn't like let alone hate them???

Old 09-26-2012, 07:33 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,839,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
My ex girlfriend hates me because I didn't like that she cheated on me with 12 guys while we dated for a year. Only a true hoe would do that. I'd rather watch her get hit by a steam roller than give a damn about her again. There are very few women I consider to be hoes, but she earned the status all by herself.
WOW

Old 09-26-2012, 09:41 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,123,619 times
I don't like the word hate - it's such a strong word and I think truly being over someone means you're indifferent. So, I wouldn't stay I hate my ex, but I definitely do not like or respect him. He cheated on me, he lied to me, he led me on and wasted my time. It took me a long time to get over what he did to me and be happy again, and I definitely learned some hard lessons from him that I don't think I'll ever forget. If he called me right now and asked for help I would say no. I'm not sure how he feels about me. He doesn't have any reason to hate me, but who knows. He did a lot of things that didn't make any sense.

I agree that an intense hatred for an ex can be a red flag when you're seeing someone. I think knowing what went wrong in someone's past relationships is important to know when you want to get serious with someone, but I really prefer to know someone pretty well before I talk about the past. It's very personal to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships