Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2012, 01:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times

Advertisements

Mom and Dad are retired and in their mid 80's, visiting them is tough as they have no respect for each other and bicker and fight constantly, when no visitors are there Mom usually takes off from 7am till supper time where after supper they both retire to their own living rooms for the rest of the night.
I'd sure like to help them out with perhaps some counseling but i doubt they would go. their fighting also bothers my brother and sister but we arent sure what to do about it,even though they are in their mid 80's they are in good shape with no health issues so this hating on each other could concievably go on for another 10-15 years,, a shame 65yrs of marriage is reduced to this sorry state of affairs..
what to do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 01:27 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Lol!

Leave them alone!

I think they are old enough to sort out their own problems.

They probably love each other dearly. 65 years with the same face would be very trying at times, yet they also probably couldn't get by without each other.

Don't try and fit everyone into your own view of what's "right".

Old 11-01-2012, 01:50 AM

601 posts, read 758,928 times
they figured it out this far im sure whatever mins of life they have left wont be too hard

Old 11-01-2012, 01:53 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,703 times
Directed towards the OP...

Honestly? They have had YEARS to make a decision based on happiness and what to do to strengthen their marriage and they are who they are...
Divorce is their when misery is more than one can bear but obviously they enjoy what they have..:/
I guess to them living in a state of constant strife and unrest is their "normal" so I am afraid but after so long? They are bound to what they want to do.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Thanks, i guess in a strange way if it aint broke dont fix it,,,,just hate seeing them fight like that.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Thanks, i guess in a strange way if it aint broke dont fix it,,,,just hate seeing them fight like that.
If one of them passes before the other, you will wish you could see and hear them fighting again.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:31 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
YesI know what you mean..
My b/f is manager of orchard hardware supply here in my city and he stated to me one day about his day.,.
He stated he felt bad for this elderly lady that comes into his work every other week with her husband and has been going into his work for years and even knows him by his name..
He states that her he can hear her husband yelling at her all over the store.”Where are you at? Hurry up” And her hubby walks fne even while in his 80’s and the wife walks slow , so slow it resembles a shuffle and she will state “I am coming, as fast as I can”
He stated that she will walk by him and she will say “Hi sam” with a big smile and then her hubby slammed into her with the cart and he yelled at her?
And she stated “Oww, she you hit me with the cart” In which her hubby stated “Well get out of the way” My b/f felt sorry for her and wanted to beat that man but stated “it obviously works as sad as it looks”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships