Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 09:03 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I have seen my husband operate in a crisis. In fact, his job is in an unbelievably stressful, dangerous environment where literally tens of thousands of dollars (and ultimately millions) hang in the balance every minute of his 16 hour days. He is expected to make snap decisions under sometimes incredible pressure.

I have also seen him operate in a personal crisis. He uses the same skills.

He didn't get any of these skills out of a leadership manual.

I am just saying this to make the point that strong, ethical men DO exist out there - after reading through this thread all day long, I honestly do feel sorry for women who have given up on that idea and because of disillusionment, may have inadvertently settled for less.
Thank you. I am glad you voiced your opinion here.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:05 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Didn't realize wearing a t shirt to bed made me look like a hobo.

Better check myself before I wreck myself.
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about me.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:06 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about me.
Lol...how does a t shirt make one person look like a hobo and not the other person?

I do not mean to be sarcastic or belligerent here...just think it's funny.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Lol...how does a t shirt make one person look like a hobo and not the other person?

I do not mean to be sarcastic or belligerent here...just think it's funny.
Apparently you haven't seen my most worn T shirts (the kinds I used to wear to bed). I would probably have to pay a hobo to wear them anywhere.

I have found that pretty, feminine nighties are often made out of soft fabric in comfortable styles and so I'm comfortable, and my husband realizes I'm doing something to please him. We're both happy!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Apparently you haven't seen my most worn T shirts. I would probably have to pay a hobo to wear them anywhere.

AWESOME.
Actually, wearing a Gap shirt right now...with a hole in it.
Attached Thumbnails
"Men should lead" - for real?-stan4.jpg  

Old 09-27-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
AWESOME.
Actually, wearing a Gap shirt right now...with a hole in it.
I am wearing an old Texas Rangers t-shirt with some stains on it - but I won't be wearing it to bed with my husband!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I am wearing an old Texas Rangers t-shirt with some stains on it - but I won't be wearing it to bed with my husband!
You kind of remind me of my neighbor (classy educated lady with refined tastes and overworked hubby)...omg. What if you WERE my neighbor?!!!!

Susan, is that you?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
a lot of guys online are looking for a quickie. so probably a good share of those 1 dates that didn't contact you were just looking for that.

just be honest with those pics. If you're dishonest, you're cheating yourself. I hate those angled shots (where the girl just angles her face to the right and left). You can tell she's picking her best angle. Or when She sits down and sticks out her **** to hide her fat. Just be honest, at least then you know he physically like yous.
Oh, I totally understand the quickies, and I'm definitely not interested in that.

I also had multiple current pictures up, full face and body. I just don't think most men realize how tall I am and that I'm not a stick figure. I send lots of pictures and tell them, but there's always a look of shock on their face when we finally meet.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
You kind of remind me of my neighbor (classy educated lady with refined tastes and overworked hubby)...omg. What if you WERE my neighbor?!!!!

Susan, is that you?
No. Sorry!

Please don't worry about my husband - He works hard, but he works two weeks on and two weeks off. So though he has many 16 hour days, he really only works 6 months out of every year!

See now why he asked me if I wanted to quit my job?

I just got off Expedia booking a flight to meet him in Asheville, NC at the end of his current cycle and spend a few days in the Smoky Mountains. Last month I flew up to meet him in Memphis. The month before that, I spent a week at Virginia Beach with my daughter and grandbabies (who are moving to England THIS MONDAY - AUGH!), and a few months before that, I visited my brother up in Ohio and then met my husband in West Virginia and we spent a few days exploring the mountains up there. Oh, and I just got back from spending a week with my parents in Arkansas. In a couple of months, my kids will be coming in (with grandbabies, fiancees, etc) from Korea and Louisiana and Austin and I will have plenty of free time to spend with them.

Oh the sacrifices a submissive wife makes! And that poor overworked man, spending several days each month in a fancy hotel somewhere with his mealy mouthed wife who's afraid to wear a T shirt to bed, and then coming home and doing whatever he wants to do for 10 more days...! Must be a miserable existence...

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 09-27-2012 at 09:30 PM..

Old 09-27-2012, 09:21 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,360 times
This thread went from trending towards enlightenment to comical at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships