Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 09:51 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times

Advertisements

Mentat, I don't think all men with children will act the way your ex did. This is especially true if he has adult/older children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 973 times
Default yes

from a mans stand point. Most men now days are just lazy ass morons who cant leave their parents basement. They know only of relationships from daytime television and the internet. They have no form of integrity or chivalry at all when it comes to the opposite sex. As a man it is sad to see the decline in what a man truly once was, thirty years ago the right man to most women was a knight in shining armor. To protect and defend her, to provide and protect her, To stand beside her and hold her hand through this great walk we call life. Now sadly most men are sports crazed, video game zombies that enjoy masturbastion with their laptops more than just a sweet kiss from a woman. So as much as i hate to admit it men are no longer what they once were. But goodluck in your search there may be some good ones left somewhere.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:18 PM

210 posts, read 1,170,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Mentat, I don't think all men with children will act the way your ex did. This is especially true if he has adult/older children.
The problem is that so many of them do, that you don't know which ones won't act that way. I don't want to spend the rest of my life suffering the way I did in my marriage. It was really horrible. I went through a lot of emotional and financial abuse. Never again.

Older stepchildren can be even worse than young children. This post goes into that:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post26189657

Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
The problem is that so many of them do, that you don't know which ones won't act that way. I don't want to spend the rest of my life suffering the way I did in my marriage. It was really horrible. I went through a lot of emotional and financial abuse. Never again.

Older stepchildren can be even worse than young children. This post goes into that:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post26189657

There may be some 44+ yo single guys on this forum who have no children and want a woman with no children.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I have a question...

Did he look like Ryan Gosling and was he wearing a Jacket with a Scorpion on the back? (Have you seen Drive?)

LOL! That was the worst movie. They were just looking at each other the whole time. And there was NO DRIVING/ACTION/CAR CHASES!!!!!

Old 09-28-2012, 11:40 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,214,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlookingshadow View Post
from a mans stand point. Most men now days are just lazy ass morons who cant leave their parents basement. They know only of relationships from daytime television and the internet. They have no form of integrity or chivalry at all when it comes to the opposite sex. As a man it is sad to see the decline in what a man truly once was, thirty years ago the right man to most women was a knight in shining armor. To protect and defend her, to provide and protect her, To stand beside her and hold her hand through this great walk we call life. Now sadly most men are sports crazed, video game zombies that enjoy masturbastion with their laptops more than just a sweet kiss from a woman. So as much as i hate to admit it men are no longer what they once were. But goodluck in your search there may be some good ones left somewhere.
Now this is definitely a white knight.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Hmmmm... a Jaclyn Smith lookalike wouldn't be having trouble meeting someone without some external factor getting in the way. At least I wouldn't think so but would have to admit such a girl would be guaranteed to have me over for a look see. Have you had a friend check your approach to see if you are not giving off negative vibes unaware? Screaming needy, pyscho hose beast, so on. I'm not saying you are but I have seen both men and women do this over the years and its something to check. What is the age of these gentlemen? In general younger folks seem to me less adept at meeting someone cold than our generation, have you been trying to parley that Jaclyn thing into a 30 year old?
Crabman, I couldn't tell you. Men are doing the "look see" thing. But that's all they're doing.

My male friends tell me that they think I'm nice and they don't know what's wrong with the men I meet. They say they're positive I'll meet someone soon. But it's been pretty bad for quite a while now.

The men I like are close to my age. You're around my age, so I'm sure you know that 30+ years ago dating was never this hard. Men used to approach women all the time. I never had any problems meeting men. In fact most women couldn't keep men away, they used to come after us so much. Now... they're all either conversation-challenged or horny toads.

I don't know what happened.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
There may be some 44+ yo single guys on this forum who have no children and want a woman with no children.
Where are they? I'd love to meet them.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:13 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlookingshadow View Post
This has nothing to do with the thread, but since you threw it out there, I'll comment on it.

I'm a military officer that doesn't live in my parent's basement. I don't like videogames or watching sports. People that know me would not classify me as lazy or a moron.

With that said, I'm not chivalrous (well, nothing past common courtesy). I'm no knight in shining armor nor will I provide for or protect her. This is 2012. Women are more than capable of doing that for themselves. You certainly won't score any points with them by putting them on a pedestal. In fact, at best (the nice girls), you treat like a normal person. At worst (the trashy girls), you tried like sh*t (which they like and respond well to). The key is to determine what kind of girl you're talking to.

I don't know who you are or how old you are (you sound old), but women are just as much to blame (one could argue that they are even more to blame...due to the women's rights movement) for the collapse of chivalry as men.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:09 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,726,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
Crabman, I couldn't tell you. Men are doing the "look see" thing. But that's all they're doing.

My male friends tell me that they think I'm nice and they don't know what's wrong with the men I meet. They say they're positive I'll meet someone soon. But it's been pretty bad for quite a while now.

The men I like are close to my age. You're around my age, so I'm sure you know that 30+ years ago dating was never this hard. Men used to approach women all the time. I never had any problems meeting men. In fact most women couldn't keep men away, they used to come after us so much. Now... they're all either conversation-challenged or horny toads.

I don't know what happened.
It's not about men being horny toads. As was stated earlier, men are really reluctant to approach women nowadays bc you're either labeled a creeper, stalker, or too eager. In my experience, women in your age group aren't typically that way. The art of conversation, chit-chat and witty banter is alive an well in your age bracket. The 45 yr old woman that I know from my gym is very good at conversation and small talk.

But there are woman 16 years younger than yourself and younger who can be unpleasant if you approach them. Some of them really don't communicate very well. If they're interested they'll ask the guy questions to keep the conversation moving, but the best ones at this are typically the pharma reps and sales reps. You have some women who complain that men are sooo out in left field bc they mistakenly took her smiling to mean that she was interested. Some men don't want to deal with all of that unknown bs. There are just too man false-positives out there that men get from women.

I respect the your age group bc you folks aren't floating around throwing mixed signal and playing games. That's not how your generation is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships