Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:05 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
...She said my biggest fear should be her 18 year old daughter who has already checked me out on FB & told me that I BETTER be good to her! Maybe I'm in fear of the wrong person.
Well that is a good sign!

It is unusual these days for a kid to be concerned about anyone else than themselves. And that would be a good reflection on her mom. Sounds like you found a good woman/family!

I would mention that to the daughter, compliment her on being that way (concerned about her mother). Then say you really like her mom, ask what are good things you could do for her.

Basically discuss it.

Also I would bet that since it appears both mom and daughter are good people, that the mom would probably pick a pretty good guy (you). Also you are concerned about how this meeting will go - Again a good thing in that you are thinking about people other than yourself. (Not selfish.)

Bottom line - Not to worry. You will be fine!
Just be yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 12:56 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
Also you are concerned about how this meeting will go - Again a good thing in that you are thinking about people other than yourself. (Not selfish.)

Bottom line - Not to worry. You will be fine!
Just be yourself.

Thanks & she keeps telling me not to worry about it either.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
My advice is: Girls always like a gentleman, don't forget to open the door for your gf, help her into the chair, take the jacket. Let her friends see what a good catch you are.

Don't be too talkative and talk too much out of desperation.
Agreed. Good manners make a great impression.

Also, don't monopolize the conversation, but have some input in it for sure.

Try to relax!

Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
OK, so I've been seeing this women for a little over a month & now she she wants me to meet her friends. I've always dreaded this part of going out with someone. It seems one of those things that can make or break a new relationship. I keep hearing from this women just be yourself & it will be fine. I tend to over think things at times & this is a big deal to me. In all honesty I'm not why this scares me.

Any advice?
reed067...you like this girl? she's going out with you isn't she? guess that means she's got good taste...enjoy meeting her friends, she obviously likes you enough to want to show you off....trust her judgement, and yourself as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships