Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:29 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,781 times

Advertisements

How do you go through with having sex with a complete stranger?

Aren't you bothered wondering if they're vectors of disease, or who they were doing things with the night before?

Is there no "ick" factor for you?

Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
I was drunk and on a business trip. Nearly a year later and I'm still guilty and feel horrible over it. I think I got 10 STD tests within the 6 months after it happened, even though we used protection.

Never again. It was a huge mistake and I simply don't understand people who do it again and again.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post

It's kind of hard to have an "ick" factor when she has healthy skin, smells good, gorgeous curves, perfect teeth, beautiful eyes and her leather cheerio looks like it has never been penetrated before.

I'm just sayin. . .

Old 09-29-2012, 12:48 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
It's kind of hard to have an "ick" factor when she has healthy skin, smells good, gorgeous curves, perfect teeth, beautiful eyes and her leather cheerio looks like it has never been penetrated before.

I'm just sayin. . .
Speaking of ick factor....

Are you that couch guy they arrested last week?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1909699.html

Old 09-29-2012, 01:02 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,733 times
I enjoy one night stands and hope to have many more of them in the future. There is no "ick" factor for me because I use condoms and realize that HIV and herpes are the only STDs that can't be patched up at the doctors office. Pretty much every other STD can be cured with a shot of penicillin, or by taking a few tablets over the course of 1-2 days. And for those who plan on arguing that herpes can be contracted even if one uses a condom, all I have to say is that considering all the filthy randoms I've hooked up with from bars, clubs, online, and on vacation while out of the country, I have a feeling it's really, REALLY difficult to catch herpes (or any other STD) if a condom is worn.

That said...you only live once so you might as well enjoy it (instead of playing it safe all the time).

Last edited by bicoastal10; 09-29-2012 at 01:14 AM..

Old 09-29-2012, 01:23 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I enjoy one night stands and hope to have many more of them in the future. There is no "ick" factor for me because I use condoms and realize that HIV and herpes are the only STDs that can't be patched up at the doctors office. Pretty much every other STD can be cured with a shot of penicillin, or by taking a few tablets over the course of 1-2 days. And for those who plan on arguing that herpes can be contracted even if one uses a condom, all I have to say is that considering all the filthy randoms I've hooked up with from bars, clubs, online, and on vacation while out of the country, I have a feeling it's really, REALLY difficult to catch herpes (or any other STD) if a condom is worn.

That said...you only live once so you might as well enjoy it (instead of playing it safe all the time).
You forgot HPV as well, which can be passed on without a condom, probably won't affect you at all (it's mostly asymptomatic for men) but can cause cervical cancer in women.

Plus, there's always pregnancy which is a possibility even with condom use.

Of course, none of those things really effect you so I guess it's not a big deal.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:49 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times
It's pretty easy. I've done this...6-10 times. Actually, about half of the women I've been with are one night stands.

My one buddy has been with ALOT of women, somewhere around 175 women. He's pretty much a sex addict, he needs the conquest for his self esteem.

My other buddy has only been with 8-10 women.

Guess who contracted herpes and guess who is STD free?

Old 09-29-2012, 01:54 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
How do you go through with having sex with a complete stranger?

Aren't you bothered wondering if they're vectors of disease, or who they were doing things with the night before?

I've had a significant amount of one night stands. I used to find it thrilling, but have pretty much grown out of them (I find them to be more empty than anything else at this stage of my life).

I've never had a disease. I've also never had an "ick" factor. I thought it was hot at the time.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:01 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I only had one and it was back in 1980. I was on the pill and wasn't a virgin and nobody seemed to worry about STD's and AIDS wasn't something we knew about yet.

It was a blind date and what went through my mind was that I didn't like him that much, he was cute but boring and a little awkward. When he initiated the physical stuff I figured I'd give that a chance and it just kept going farther and even though I had no plan to sleep with him it was just easier to go with it than not. That sounds worse than it was because I remember thinking it would be a story to tell about having a one night stand....and here I am. I don't plan to do it again but you never know.

FYI he did call again but I wasn't interested.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:29 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,332 times
having sex with someone you know everything about is more icky IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.