Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
You are not really gaining much muscle when you workout. It's basically impossible for a woman to become muscular naturally. The way the female body works prevents women from having low body fat at a decent weight. Women gain muscle like 1/2 as fast as men. Since Men don't gain muscle that fast, its even slower for females.
Actually yes I am, and I think I would know more about my body than you would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,577,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Actually yes I am, and I think I would know more about my body than you would.
I know enough about working out to know its basically impossible for a woman to become muscular at a low body fat naturally.

So tell me, how much of your routine is based on heavy weight training?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 PM

Quite a bit of it and I am naturally muscular. You obviously don't know anything about women if you aren't aware that some women are called mesmorphs, and they gain muscle easily.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Quite a bit of it and I am naturally muscular. You obviously don't know anything about women if you aren't aware that some women are called mesmorphs, and they gain muscle easily.
Tell me more about this. How easily do you think these women are gaining muscle? Like how much muscle per year do you think those women are gaining?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:00 PM

I don't care how much women are gaining in muscle, I know I gain muscle easily and so do many female celebs like Madonna.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I don't care how much women are gaining in muscle, I know I gain muscle easily and so do many female celebs like Madonna.
I'm doubting you have the 1 in a million genetics that make you an exception to the rule. How long you have been working out/lifting weights?

Old 10-17-2012, 07:24 AM

496 posts, read 941,534 times
Women can gain a nice bit of muscle naturally, though. It's harder for some than others. I gain muscle and lean out in my arms, back, chest, and shoulders pretty quickly. And I know some women who also build muscle/lean out in those areas pretty quickly. I'll briefly post a progress pic of my bicep a few weeks into a recomp - given, I don't *think* it's an example of unnatural looking muscles, but I know some people think that much muscling at all is "manly". It can be totally natural depending on lifting practices and, indeed, genetics. I did find out during my annual physical that my test levels were slightly higher than the normal range. Nonetheless, before we had a home gym and I went out to the gym, I invariably noticed the occasional comparatively unmuscled guy who would walk up next to me and bench 50 pounds more than I was benching. I hate that. :|

Seriously, though we do tend to be less able to put on the sheer bulk and strength that men can naturally, we *can* build some good size and more strength than our cultural femininity norms would suggest. When it's time to get they hay in, I'm just as capable of tossing and stacking some hefty bales. Or the generator, or most anything I need to lift on any given day.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:30 AM

29,749 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Ehhhh, most societies banned rape and enforced that. Again, both the men and women. Again, watch shows about tribesmen. I remember one in Papua New Guinea where all the tribe was very angry with one guy because they accused him of rape and were trying to figure out if he did it
That doesn't mean a thing. Most societies consider rape a shameful thing, but it happens relatively often. Even in the United States 1 in 4 women has been sexually assaulted.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:55 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
But not producing the grain yields/excess that could power a civilization.
LOL, not to mention the whole reproduction thing

Women had no role in this? Also I never claimed that men were unnecessary. What I'm saying is that the relationship is complimentary not parasitical as most people who believe in revisionist history would like to think.

The idea that men created everything and everything that men have done or do is far more important than a woman's contribution is crap.

Women can take care of themselves and so can men. Why do chauvinistic men persists in the lie that we can't? That we need them to make decisions for us? How do they figure that the dangly bit of flesh between their legs entitles then to the final say so on everything?

Nobody here's justifying anything.
I didn't accuse you personally of justifying anything. I'm writing about the historical justification for the subjugation of women.

But to your other claim, feh. It doesn't really work like that. Whole societies, men and women, participated/participate in gender role continuance. It's just a thing that worked for a long time in the vast majority of places because of the lack of technology.
Watch any show on tribesmen and you'll see the mena and women keep their traditions, including gender roles.

Yes...many women support the continuation of traditional gender roles for many reasons. Some women like it...some do it for religious beliefs...some are brainwashed or bullied. Fine. So because that is the life they want to lead all women need to fall in line with that way of thinking or living?

Ehhhh, most societies banned rape and enforced that. Again, both the men and women. Again, watch shows about tribesmen. I remember one in Papua New Guinea where all the tribe was very angry with one guy because they accused him of rape and were trying to figure out if he did it
I also saw that lovely show aabout the tribesman in New Guinea. I recall one episode that the wife wanted an abortion because she had 3 pregnancies back to back and wanted no more at the moment. The husband wouldn't have minded another child but stated that it was the wife's decision the man couldn't carry a child. He even helped her find the medicine to abort the fetus. Tribal society that is more civilized than our own in that situation.

Most societies abhor rape because they did not want men using their property. Hence the biblical command for a rapists to pay a fine and marry the woman he tapes. It's not that society cared for the victim. It was considered disrespect to the owner of that woman...her family. They needed to be compensated or extract revenge for the disrespect done to them not the victim. The same mentality continues today. Prime example are the honor killings of Muslim women around the globe because women are chattel and her virginity belongs to her family.

Last edited by Jasper03; 10-17-2012 at 08:06 AM..

Old 10-17-2012, 08:09 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,216,042 times
This is why it is important for a man to be fit and workout. Also he should be well groomed and have some features to draw confidence from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships