Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,310,576 times

Advertisements

I'm quite happy with any and all sex I have ever had with anyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,462,548 times
My nausea at people I've smooched (I've never slept with someone I wasn't in love with) has nothing to do with being in a LTR now.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:24 AM

496 posts, read 942,189 times
Thanks for the responses. Tossing this out there helps me ruminate on it. In dangerous (in CD terms) admission, I must say, "Be careful whose history ye dissect lest you find yourself dissecting your own." hehe

I'll also add that I was talking to a friend about this and she said she felt that way at one point and wrote all of her exes names down and ceremonially burnt them and found that very cleansing.

Having thought more about this, I suspect that *I* (and this probably applies to many others) am prone to getting down and wallowing in the past when I am not focused enough on the present or the future. It's a pointless diversion of sorts. And that is the emphasis that I hear and appreciate in your responses.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:18 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,882,755 times

Old 10-21-2012, 07:07 PM

37,702 posts, read 46,130,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejen View Post
Once you have found a person that is very special to you, does it ever bother/nauseate you that you slept with other people that you cared for a lot less?
No. I mean, did I sleep with some guys that I now know that I wouldn't, if I had it to do again? Sure. There were a few. But the thought sure doesn't "nauseate" me...doesn't even really bother me. I consider my life's experiences as the things that have shaped me, and I like who I am.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:59 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,542,846 times
I actually think that perhaps it was for the best. I'm in a bit of an unusual situation: I fell desperately in love with the woman I also happened to lose my virginity to and we've been together happily for many years now. I think it's likely she'll be who I spend the rest of my life with, and I love her dearly. Still, I can't help but wish I'd slept with and dated some other people before she came into my life. I had no idea the relationship would end up being such an enduring, wonderful life partnership when we started it (as my first girlfriend I kind of expected it would implode longterm), and I admit to curiosity, but not enough to ever betray a woman I love and am 100% compatible with in every respect. So take the experiences for what they are!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:57 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,857,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
I actually think that perhaps it was for the best. I'm in a bit of an unusual situation: I fell desperately in love with the woman I also happened to lose my virginity to and we've been together happily for many years now. I think it's likely she'll be who I spend the rest of my life with, and I love her dearly. Still, I can't help but wish I'd slept with and dated some other people before she came into my life. I had no idea the relationship would end up being such an enduring, wonderful life partnership when we started it (as my first girlfriend I kind of expected it would implode longterm), and I admit to curiosity, but not enough to ever betray a woman I love and am 100% compatible with in every respect. So take the experiences for what they are!
I was so taken by the admission that you wish you had had other experiences before meeting the woman you would happily spend the rest of your life with. But even more that you would think back with perhaps "wistful regrets" but never jeopardize what you have just to satisfy your curiosity. What a lucky woman you have.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 AM

896 posts, read 1,478,520 times
Your boyfriend was just going along with you on this.

Women often regret x. In fact VERY often.

Men count them, and wish the number was higher.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
I was so taken by the admission that you wish you had had other experiences before meeting the woman you would happily spend the rest of your life with. But even more that you would think back with perhaps "wistful regrets" but never jeopardize what you have just to satisfy your curiosity. What a lucky woman you have.
I thought that was an extraordinarily refreshing view from the other side, too!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Your boyfriend was just going along with you on this.

Women often regret x. In fact VERY often.

Men count them, and wish the number was higher.

So you think *all* men wish the number was higher? That is quite the generalization. I love to be in on universal truths, though. I was unaware!

Oddly enough, he was the one who first said he felt that way. I just figured it was a bit of a given - speaking of general truths - not particularly liking thinking about others. Who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships