Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 05:35 AM

499 posts, read 757,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It does seem like women's weight/looks/body comes up a lot on this forum. Definitely more than men's. And then they claim that women are 'just as into looks as men are' HA.
There are FAR MORE women that would reject a man for his height alone (even fat women) than a man would reject a woman for her weight/looks.

Women are just as "shallow" as men.............

Old 10-20-2012, 05:59 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,206,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Of course there are men that love fat women. I have a cousin that is so morbidly obese it looks like she is a step away from death(I hate saying it but it's true) and she gets plenty of men. Now are they attractive? Not to me. And are they in tip-top shape, with the best types of careers, etc, etc? Nope. So like someone pointed out the question that needs to be asked is: are fat women undesirable to the typical desirable male(attractive, in shape, tall, decent paying job, insert whatever other qualities a person finds desirable)? Are these women attracting the type of men they TRULY want and are attracted to. Or are they having to settle because their weight hinders their dating options?

I don't see too many upper middle to upper class professional "white collar" men with fat women. It's rare. Typically the woman is thin or in the average size range.

I personally always try to maintain a certain weight, and look a certain way because I know that my "so" is attracted to me looking a certain way. Before I met him, I kept my weight together because I knew what type of man I WANTED to attract. Sure when I was bigger I attracted a ton of male attention, some of which were pretty attractive, but in terms of quality, character, career stability, etc I noticed that I was attracted to a certain type of man and usually this man was not attracted to plus-size or "bigger" women. That's just what I observed. So I did what I had to do(work out and try to keep my weight in a healthy range). That being said I was never able to get under a size 4, and tended to be a little bigger than what I wanted(and still am) my genes are pretty sucky in that while my mom and sisters are all thinner, I was always(even as a toddler) the daughter with bigger legs, bigger hips etc. So, in my mind, I also accepted that there was only so much I could do... If I couldn't get thin, I just couldn't get thin lol.
One thing I notice is that when you are on the slimmer side(not necessarily thin either but just "smaller") and in great shape, and you at least have a decent face, your options will multiply in terms of quality in dating partners--that's just my opinion.

This is kindoff true. I've never seen a fat women with a man people would call "desirable"

Old 10-20-2012, 07:00 AM

20 posts, read 27,905 times
Ugh, it just drives me crazy when women talk about losing weight, it's like who cares? Guys will do anything that moves and that's the truth.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:27 AM

499 posts, read 757,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell0708 View Post
Ugh, it just drives me crazy when women talk about losing weight, it's like who cares? Guys will do anything that moves and that's the truth.
+1 . Beyond true. It would be ridiculous to say that a woman's options doesn't slim the more obese she is, but there is no shortage of men who would give obese women the nod. While it's anecdotal, the obese women I know who have "no takers" are usually very, very picky (i.e. no fat guys, no short guys, no to certain professions, no to certain ethnicities/races, etc)

Old 10-20-2012, 07:32 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,672,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Really fellas? A lot of dudes out there scream to the high heavens of how fat chicks are repulsive or they'll never date or touch a fat woman or how fat women are at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes dating. But lo and behold if you actually look outside your house you'll see that there are several overweight women who have BF's/husbands and are in relationships.

In all honesty. Is it time for this idea that 'fat women are the bottom of the totem pole need to die'?

Because seriously at this point the men who say this need to just speak for themselves.
People say a lot of stuff they don't really mean on the internet.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:41 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,474,376 times
I wonder just how many guys here have their own airplanes parked at hangers in an airport, yeah, one of my exes was so poor it was sad only, he was his own man could care less about societal standards of beauty. I'm the one that was embarrassed by the wealth of some of the men that I went out with, I would be the one that would cringe when some guy would pull up in a convertible sports car that I would tell him to pull that darn hood up as I didn't want to be seen parading around town in that contraption. I know I offended one guy that picked me up in a really sports car when I pointed and said you are kidding me in that, you knew ahead of time, I was a big gal, OK that date didn't advance beyond a couple, you can't insult a man's ride. I went to many a fancy restaurant with a man I dated and who as we dined or waited to be seated were greeted by his patients or people that new him from around town. He was hiding me, nor were any of the other men that I dated. Would the relationship with him progressed, I don't know, I got out, as he was going through a very messy divorce that had been going on for more than a year, lots of money involved, and I didn't want to end up in the papers over that one. Why were these men interested in big fat me, I'll admit my weight fluctuated, I didn't and don't have a gut that hangs over my pant waist line, but it was more about personality for them, most were not chubby chasers. Many were men with some decent character that loved my wit and humor and how I cared for the world at large and not just myself and nor was I interested in their wallet contents.

How many of you care about people outside of yourselves, how many of you care about building people up instead of tearing them down? My guess by reading these threads, just a few. My reason isn't to convince anyone here to view fat (I don't mind owning the word fat,) women or men are any more desirable or such great dateable choices, I just want those that are viewing these negative messages on sites like this not to just have negative messages as a take away. There are a lot of angry people on chat sites that like to voice hateful views and could careless about how it affects those around them, just remember many of them are sad little hurt souls that have found a place to be kings and queens and where they now have magical powers in make believe land. Ain't it grand. Let's all be war lords.

Last edited by TRosa; 10-20-2012 at 08:58 AM..

Old 10-20-2012, 08:54 AM

170 posts, read 206,353 times
Moderation seems best to me, as extremes can be extreme...

Overweight is no problem, unless it is a problem... It says much about a person that allows themself to get to the point of folds hiding other body parts as that usually means no self respect, and if you don't respect yourself, you can't respect others, if you follow... Overweight to the point of it making you handicapped is inexcusable in most cases...

Underweight can be just as bad as an unhealthy or sickly appearance isn't attractive... Besides that, pelvis bones are painful during marathons!

No one is perfect in everything, however 'perfect for you' is possible...

I have learned that while physical attraction is important to some degree, compatability, mutual interests and beliefs are what is needed for the long haul...

Someone that you can be happy doing nothing with (talk, goof, hang out) and someone that you can do anything with (black tie, comedy, anything...together...)

Old 10-20-2012, 12:57 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,623,462 times
So do you go with the big girl who is currently trying to exercise and change eating habits or do you go with the attractive female who eats crap and rarely exercises, but just so happens to have high metabolism & good genes?

Old 10-20-2012, 01:05 PM

41 posts, read 53,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
So do you go with the big girl who is currently trying to exercise and change eating habits or do you go with the attractive female who eats crap and rarely exercises, but just so happens to have high metabolism & good genes?
Obviously we'd go with the slim female who eats crap, because fatness is not nice to look at or sleep next to.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:11 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,236,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Unfortunately, it's not common to see either, at least around here. I've tried to help a number of people with diet and exercise, but many of them don't have the discipline and look the same. Being dedicated to staying at a low bodyfat percentage level while maintaining musclemass is not easy. You must be willing to do the difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships